Current conditions

June 27, 2011, 11:43 a.m.

Technoir is just the left exit to Afternoon Delight, nothing crazy new. Keep in mind we have not re worked the lips just the landings on DM. Still need to get into the lower DM as it needs work.

June 27, 2011, 3:40 p.m.

ANy chance that clown shoes is going to get any attention? I know its not inine with the new evolution of riding or whatever; but there are still guys out there that enjoy a challenging skinny. And there is no way on earth anyone could claim that they didn't completely puss out the old drop. I made way over there a couple weeks ago just to hit that drop. "f$cking gay" is what I think I uttered.

At any rate, the trail crew is doing a great job IMO. You can't make everyone happy.

insert catchy phrase here.

June 27, 2011, 6:58 p.m.

I would like to smooth out the in run myself though. I think that the issue is people have trouble holding speed now if they are not good enough.

Sooo…you're saying you're not good enough either?.I too think the old drop had to go but I feel like the new one needs a little bit more" final touching ".No matter what your abilities are, it doesnt flow very well right now.

DM is a lot better now that it dried out a bit.

Not that I care about the GLC drop that much but I'd like to hear what was the reasoning behind the changes done to the drop if it was do bring it back to how it was less than a week later ?

Thanks for sharing the info BTW…Build more Afternoon Delight please ;)

June 27, 2011, 9:02 p.m.

Stop drop and roll good to go, Trespasser good to go, couple trees down,moved what we could, know your roll good to go. Oh and if your going to bitch about my post,move along save your typing fingers for braking!

June 28, 2011, 5:38 a.m.

Stop drop and roll good to go, Trespasser good to go, couple trees down,moved what we could, know your roll good to go. Oh and if your going to bitch about my post,move along save your typing fingers for braking!

Did you push up to Trespasser or come down from above?

If the latter - how was it? Looks like some Garbanzo trails are open. Anyone been up there yet? Report?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

June 28, 2011, 12:46 p.m.

I think the trails on Garbo that were open were accessed from pushing up from Fitz. I didn't see the sign but one of the guys that I was riding with said the sign said something about being open below the containers on Freight Train.

I got two laps on Schleyer on Sunday and after the first lap I didn't really care for the section between the corner and the new Schleyer drop but the second lap through there I was able to hold more speed. I'm sure that there is plenty more to be found in there too and I'm slow.

The new dirt work on Dirt Merchant is lots of fun, can't wait for the landing after the first step up to dry out a bit more and for the bridge to be back in shape.

What's going on with the right side creek gap at the bottom? I never cared for it when it was wood but I don't know anyone who has had a good experience with it the way it is now. Maybe someone here really likes it?

Fade to Black and Afternoon Delight are tons of fun but FTB might benefit from a squirrel catcher as it splits off of NC. It seems like there are always groups of people standing around the first step down. I haven't had any problems with them standing in the trail but it makes me wonder if they knew what they were getting into when they made the left turn off of NC.

As for the GLC drop…who really cares? That thing was a huck before and it's still a huck but at least it's a smoother one now. There's a lot of better stuff elsewhere on the mountain, I'm not going to lose any sleep over that feature.

June 28, 2011, 8:49 p.m.

we pushed up to Trespasser,Garbo is not open,don't you love how Whistler has been puntified, as long as they don't touch the double black tech,who cares.

June 28, 2011, 11:28 p.m.

Oh yeah Dirtmerchant lips stayed the same, just built up the landings, but agreed they have some pop. Still pretty easy to overshoot so don t go to buck. Will have the crew keep in mind most people are on down hill bikes, I understand, but these lips still work good.

Lips stayed the same? I only did one lap but it looked like the first one will now send you to the moon!

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

June 29, 2011, 10:03 a.m.

Lips stayed the same? I only did one lap but it looked like the first one will now send you to the moon!

I'd say that most people were boosting that high for awhile now on the first step on DM, we just hipped it out and further into the bank on the left, the larger landing makes pulling up easier on the step up rather then pushing into the jump with the ton of speed you get from the start….makes going faster easier now on DM….

mtbskierdad

June 30, 2011, 1:26 p.m.

So how's this weekend looking at WBP? Trails in good shape? Expecting tons of tourists?

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

June 30, 2011, 2:16 p.m.

Based on last weekend I'd say yes and yes.

June 30, 2011, 4:26 p.m.

Last Saturday was dead. Weather prediction was for rain, and it turned out sunny. Was a nice surprise. This Saturday looks to be the same.

June 30, 2011, 6:22 p.m.

Last sunday was insanity, chairlift line was long and the gondola line was almost as long. This weekend should be a gongshow.

Also, unless it gets nice out tomorrow, avoid dirt merchant, it's like riding through poop right now

July 4, 2011, 1:32 p.m.

Went up on Friday (Canada day) and the lines weren't too bad at all. Had a bit of a sphincter clencher on the steep roller coaster gap thing at the end of Joyride due to mud on the wood and my tires but other than that the conditions were great! Tacky, no dust.

Love the lips on DM - definitely a little bit extra speed required on the first couple. The improved GLC take off is nicer - it just builds on the nubbin that was the best place to take off from anyway. I also like the changes on Shleyer… although I must admit i find the step down (after the traverse under the lift) a little tricky to hold enough speed for and it's quite an unforgiving case!

July 4, 2011, 4:49 p.m.

although I must admit i find the step down (after the traverse under the lift) a little tricky to hold enough speed for and it's quite an unforgiving case!

Yup, my husband cased it and it stretched his hub, as in the bearings are now too loose for the hub. Our mechanic has never seen anything like it in almost 30 years.

Riding is more fun than not riding