Current conditions

June 14, 2011, 6:05 p.m.

Nothing like a day in the park to wash away the pain the Canucks can bring a guy like me.

Pretty much stuck to A-Line, Dirt Merchant, Ninja Cougar, Karate Monkey today.

Everything is still a touch soft in spots, but overall very surprised how well things are. Dirt Merchant is a mess right now… happy to have it open, but you have to get into it through EZDI. The bridge is half-there, so there's a temporary re-route that is half finished. Very hard to keep any flow through it right now. I read they'll be working on it this week… really hope they do.

Noticed that the crew was ripping out the Schleyer wooden berm/drop under Fitz today. Looking forward to having that all fresh and new.

Anyhoo, had a blast as usual.

June 14, 2011, 6:22 p.m.

That,s a bummer about Schleyer,its a wee bit of a classic.

June 14, 2011, 6:27 p.m.

That section of Schleyer was getting bad last year. Hopefully they build it much the same as before.

Thread killer

June 14, 2011, 6:50 p.m.

That,s a bummer about Schleyer,its a wee bit of a classic.

I can't imagine them doing anything but replace the existing layout as is…

June 14, 2011, 7:39 p.m.

That part of Schleyer sucks IMO. I hope they change it.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

June 15, 2011, 9:35 a.m.

I hope they don't turn Schleyer into another jump trail. As good as the new work at the bottom is, I don't feel like it fits the rest of the trail. I look forward to seeing what they come up with. Based on Fade to Black, I'm pretty happy with the trail crew right now.

June 15, 2011, 9:56 a.m.

It will be a dirt berm instead,why do they not finish Afternoon it has been closed for 3 weeks. I would love to see the biker cross finished and Dirt complete and buffed but there are only 6 guys who do great work.The Slope course seems to be taking priority Some big ass stunts for sure .

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

June 15, 2011, 10:02 a.m.

It will be a dirt berm instead,why do they not finish Afternoon it has been closed for 3 weeks. I would love to see the biker cross finished and Dirt complete and buffed but there are only 6 guys who do great work.The Slope course seems to be taking priority Some big ass stunts for sure .

slopestyle course is all Joyride Bikeparks crew, that isn't WB trail crew.

June 15, 2011, 10:09 a.m.

plz plz plz keep the techy natural type features found on schlyer

I hope they don't replace the step-down/ drop feature with something bigger with no fail safe like they did with the final jump

putting in features with no progression steps cuts down on the trail being fun for riders of various levels

that final gap jump on schlyer is a make it or not feature now.. it should/could have been made with 2-3 various size gaps to build up riders skills

shame really, guess well see what they do with the structure under the fitz I liked that you could either roll off the end to first learn it then start boosting the drop to get bigger and bigger air as u grew confident

June 15, 2011, 10:42 a.m.

I did not like how Clownshoe's drop [HTML_REMOVED] coaster was tamed .
Listen to the riders do not lose tech if every trail turns new school .
The riders will go else were .This mountain is famous for its layout and gnar .
Build more trails if you want diversity do not change the crowd pleasers.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

June 18, 2011, 11:30 a.m.

Can anyone tell me whats up with fade to black, never made it up there last year after they opened it. Headed up tomorrow but don't see it on the trail list for the bike park, looked pretty sick so was stoked to check it out. Any info appreciated.

June 18, 2011, 2:28 p.m.

Can anyone tell me whats up with fade to black, never made it up there last year after they opened it. Headed up tomorrow but don't see it on the trail list for the bike park, looked pretty sick so was stoked to check it out. Any info appreciated.

Do the first three jumps on a-line, go into ninja cougar. Keep your head up and you'll see the entrance to fadetoblack

June 18, 2011, 2:33 p.m.

plz plz plz keep the techy natural type features found on schlyer

I hope they don't replace the step-down/ drop feature with something bigger with no fail safe like they did with the final jump

putting in features with no progression steps cuts down on the trail being fun for riders of various levels

that final gap jump on schlyer is a make it or not feature now.. it should/could have been made with 2-3 various size gaps to build up riders skills

shame really, guess well see what they do with the structure under the fitz I liked that you could either roll off the end to first learn it then start boosting the drop to get bigger and bigger air as u grew confident

It's a double black….

I say get rid of those horrible wooden berms and build a step-down with a gap (where the old one was) and a double right under the lift. I'm all up for keeping the tech but throw gaps etc wherever possible so it's even more of a challenge.

I'm pretty average but I love being scared about new features/trails at Whistler. Especially if I go home having not hit them when I thought I would. A big part of the excitement for me.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

June 18, 2011, 4:21 p.m.

Thanks for the info guys, was mostly just wondering if it was open cause its not listed on the website( or I didnt see it), but got the word that it is so chears! Lookin forward to it!

June 18, 2011, 10:18 p.m.

Whistler was fantastic today:

- Don't bother with Dirt Merchant yet. It's a mess.
- Aline is running smooth
- New features on Schleyer are awesome. Great work there.
- Fade to Black is open and apart from a bit of wetness at the beginning, it's running well.
- Bline is in great shape
- Lower Canadian Open is mint right meow.
- Afternoon Delight is very wet, but still loamy and predictable. Get your turns in there while it's still a fresh trail.