Current conditions

July 11, 2011, 5:06 p.m.

uber tacky today, Upper ALine-Ninja Couger-Fade To Black-Karate Monkey-Samurai-Afternoon Delight-HOD was pretty damn fun, AD is super fun, lots of roots and rocks, only rode it in the wet last year so dusty loam was a treat, Crabapple Hits are huge, more lippy, longer landings, did not hit them only checked them from Turns…..

mtbskierdad

July 11, 2011, 11:20 p.m.

what you guys think it will be like come thursday? I get my one day of riding whistler in 3years on this coming thursday.. i know its going to be showery, but shouldnt be to bad right? Not a totally sloppy mess?

July 12, 2011, 12:01 a.m.

The trail is already named credit due to builder, "Stefan".
You will never ride it cause you are not worthey.
Nobody stupid enough would tell you were it is .
I would take gansirbich down it and leave her corpse there for the Bears and eagles to feast on .
This Terrain is so steep that even vin diesel would pull the shoot.(even pro riders go into fetal position when they encounter the madness.
Puntorpass rides it 2x a day Sun he slid down without his bike on his forearms.
There is no patrol or sweep to see if you are ok,if you run this solo you are asking for trouble.

Man with your immense talent I'm amazed you're not on a factory DH team. You really should be going to Worlds as the course would suit you to a tee.

I'll see if I can arrange for you to do a lap or two with Brendan during Crankworx. I'm sure you'll have no problem keeping up and doubling shit up you had no idea even existed let alone think possible :agree:

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

July 12, 2011, 7:24 a.m.

what you guys think it will be like come thursday? I get my one day of riding whistler in 3years on this coming thursday.. i know its going to be showery, but shouldnt be to bad right? Not a totally sloppy mess?

depends how much it rains over the next few days, pretty dry in the lower park right now though…

July 12, 2011, 1:24 p.m.

uber tacky today, Upper ALine-Ninja Couger-Fade To Black-Karate Monkey-Samurai-Afternoon Delight-HOD was pretty damn fun,

one of the best laps in the park right there, bit of everything!

July 12, 2011, 2:40 p.m.

ok, not to pile on. But when people were bitching about the GLC drop I had just been to the park the week before and I was like "seems about the same to me" . My buddy just returned and I saw some pictures of the new "improved" GLC.

WTF people? Seriously? I would really like an honest response from the trail builders as to why they had to puss that thing up. It was never anything to write home about, but at least it was somewhat legit. I mean one last thing to do before you sat in line.

Have people really been chundering on that thing?

insert catchy phrase here.

July 12, 2011, 3:01 p.m.

ok, not to pile on. But when people were bitching about the GLC drop I had just been to the park the week before and I was like "seems about the same to me" . My buddy just returned and I saw some pictures of the new "improved" GLC.

WTF people? Seriously? I would really like an honest response from the trail builders as to why they had to puss that thing up. It was never anything to write home about, but at least it was somewhat legit. I mean one last thing to do before you sat in line.

Looks like you can still send it if you like (like the dude friday on the m9 who pretty much cleared it) but I think a lot of first timers were hitting before and coming up short or panicking and thus bailing. I think they'd rather have patrol worry about other things.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

July 12, 2011, 3:20 p.m.

Bring on the hate, but I am happy about the change. It is smooth as butter! :werd:

EDIT:

Current conditions: Ninja Cougar is flawless. Any tips from the better riders on how to corner faster? I love that trail but feel I should be pumping through those corners faster.

July 12, 2011, 3:25 p.m.

pinning it into the second drop is more fun anyway

July 12, 2011, 7:07 p.m.

pinning it into the second drop is more fun anyway

This…

July 12, 2011, 7:36 p.m.

Man with your immense talent I'm amazed you're not on a factory DH team. You really should be going to Worlds as the course would suit you to a tee.

They don't have his category anyways! But when they do get the mentally challenged category we are talking podium. Who cares about the worlds anyways,sure they are the elite and pretty sick riders with mad skill,if you wanna be star struck like some teenage chick,give er buddy. Go ahead give Corky another kick,he likes it!

July 12, 2011, 10:51 p.m.

I rode whistler last week and saturday 2nd was great, sunny, dirt was really tacky. Sunday there was rain and it got pretty wet. Then by the end of the week (Friday) I felt the tracks were getting pretty torn up, especially Blue Velvet, mid Freight Train, lower A-Line and Karate Monkey. I was surprised to see the size of the jumps in Crabapple Hits, looks like a frickin motocross track.

I just got back to Mexico today and I can't wait to come back to Whistler :stupid:

July 12, 2011, 10:59 p.m.

They don't have his category anyways! But when they do get the mentally challenged category we are talking podium. Who cares about the worlds anyways,sure they are the elite and pretty sick riders with mad skill,if you wanna be star struck like some teenage chick,give er buddy. Go ahead give Corky another kick,he likes it!

\

Yeah I'll be paying to watch the World Champs like thousands of other starstruck wannabes.

Wheeldrop should be there with his ability on Whistler's sickest secret trails. You know the ones the pro's shit themselves at….:lol: Hopefully he'll have a good run in the Canadian Open and get picked up by a big sponsor?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

July 13, 2011, 9:30 a.m.

I'll see if I can arrange for you to do a lap or two with Brendan during Crankworx. I'm sure you'll have no problem keeping up and doubling shit up you had no idea even existed let alone think possible :agree:

:lol: :agree:

Anyone ridden the upper Garbo track recently? ie O-Sin [HTML_REMOVED] In-Deep? Is it a boggy mess or good to go?

Sustainable will be around forever.

July 13, 2011, 9:38 a.m.

Report from Sunday: Original Sin had some big mud holes with dry sections in between. In Deep was pretty sloppy everywhere. I imagine that with all the rain that is supposed to come this week that the mud will still be there!