Current conditions

June 22, 2011, 1:04 p.m.

:rocker:

The middle GLC actually looks like more of a drop then the "big" one.

it actually is now!

June 22, 2011, 3:36 p.m.

my gf got laid off from WB so no more free pass, anyone know the deal with the cheap ticket for phat wednesday? WB are telling me its a single use ticket so no warm up run or even course check. i dont know whether that would be right. 16 bucks seems excessive even for WB for a hot lap

June 22, 2011, 3:45 p.m.

100.5 FM The Peak has a contest on to win 2 tickets to WB.

June 22, 2011, 11:16 p.m.

Dirt Merchant was closed all day today, opened up at 5pm. They have reopened the entrance at the top and the wooden ladder has been replaced with a more natural run-in. Lots of bumps have been filled in and there is a new "pro" transfer jump just as you come around the corner and the trail splits into left jump line or right ride around.

Everything was running really mice today, lower B-line was closed so I imagine it has been done in a simlar (awesome) fashion as the top section has been.

Fade to Black was also closed and there was a crew working on it so hopefully the top section is in better shape wheit reopens.

Thanks for your hard work WB trail crew!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 23, 2011, 12:56 a.m.

Agreed GLC may look a little more tame , but if you actually ride it you can go just as big if not bigger. It rides smoother than before and is a little safer as result. That being said both the middle and smaller roll require just as much skill to hit in my opinion. Dirt MERCHANT has had work in the top section, re worked the entrance and I think it is pretty sick compared to that janky wood, and built up the first two step ups, don t think they are marked pro features but maybe . Just put them back to how they once were, not that big. Will get to the rest later, have to focus on Garbo. Lower B line did not get the love, just where it exits on the ski run. Fade to black had some buffing. Some Rad riding to be had right now.

June 23, 2011, 7:12 a.m.

the two days of summer was sweet….then it rained all night and still raining pretty heavy now…..

June 23, 2011, 7:55 a.m.

Agreed GLC may look a little more tame , but if you actually ride it you can go just as big if not bigger. It rides smoother than before and is a little safer as result. That being said both the middle and smaller roll require just as much skill to hit in my opinion. Dirt MERCHANT has had work in the top section, re worked the entrance and I think it is pretty sick compared to that janky wood, and built up the first two step ups, don t think they are marked pro features but maybe . Just put them back to how they once were, not that big. Will get to the rest later, have to focus on Garbo. Lower B line did not get the love, just where it exits on the ski run. Fade to black had some buffing. Some Rad riding to be had right now.

yeah, glc isn't too bad, still feels a bit flat though at speed, love ripping into the middle drop at speed, more tech than huck….lots of good little things, and more major for that matter, happening on hill right now!

June 23, 2011, 7:08 p.m.

Dirt Merchant is riding better now, the new entrance is definitely better IMO but Im not a fan of what they did on the first jump…

Way too dirt Jump style IMO…Has too much kick and not enough launch to it…Were riding DH bikes, not hardtails !!! :D

Anyhow , I certainly wouldn't call that a pro line by any mean either and Im guessing it'll get better as it gets older a bit.

As for the GLC , I dont see what's wrong with what they've done…Its fine, no more worst than it was before if you need a gap between the take off and landing to grow balls there are other places on the mountain to do that.Beside, maneuvering your bring @ high speed to get to the middle drop is far more challenging IMO

Now is it just me or the new Schleyer drop is kinda gay? Never liked the ramp before but now it seem like it feels very slow coming up to it and need to pull up quite a bit to clear it. Its a bit soft now and hopefully should get better this summer…oh wait, its officially summer now right ? :damn:

If only the crew could give us more Afternoon Delight goodness…god that track is SICK.Lovin' the park right now and looking forward to ride the deep moto ruts on BV a day or two after it opens:D

June 25, 2011, 9:26 p.m.

I am loving the re built dirt merchant some good changes there. The first big stepup jump feels perfect in my opinion the lip is the same they just made the landing a bit higher making the gap slightly bigger, no longer do you have to brake into it really.

schleyer is sweet but the new drop replacing the ladder is the biggest pile of crap ever. I cant believe how dumbed down it is compared to the old drop. I agree the section may have needed change but build a nice dirt stepdown or something similar to the one under the chair on canadian open. Schleyer is a double black it should be able to have gnarlier features than that. Other than that the trail crew is doing a great job.

June 26, 2011, 7:26 a.m.

Sounds like WBP is going the way of the Shore; More flow, less tech, dumbing down [HTML_REMOVED] paving of trails [HTML_REMOVED] features.

Thread killer

June 26, 2011, 9:33 a.m.

I went up yesterday expecting rain and mud and found dry, tacky, warm and partly sunny. Conditions were great.

June 26, 2011, 10:02 a.m.

Yup, yesterday's weather was a nice surprise!

June 27, 2011, 10:15 a.m.

Sounds like WBP is going the way of the Shore; More flow, less tech, dumbing down [HTML_REMOVED] paving of trails [HTML_REMOVED] features.

Easy, second hand talk can get out of control. Come ride for yourself, I would not say we are dumbing anything down. We actually just put the glc back to its original condition and now you can go bigger than before , Pete and Gareth actually no braked it from the open to test it out, yes they landed deep and flat but before they may have destroyed their bikes and bodies preforming such stunts. Slayer drop I would say is more tech now and again the same size if not bigger, I would like to smooth out the in run myself though. I think that the issue is people have trouble holding speed now if they are not good enough. The old drop was way easier but it was haggard,janky wood. Biking is just getting more popular and people want to try more things I'm seeing people out of there ability level all over the park, it is the resposibility of fast riders to yeild to the slower ones in front. We can not give people shit for riding things blind and then freak out when people are there checking it out. I do no the frustration of having people blocking things to scope the line though, that sure busts the flow pretty quick. I think with the additon of afternoon delight and technoir and even fade to black last year the last thiong we are doing is dumbing everything down. Any how come ride have fun. This was directed to everyone on the forum.

June 27, 2011, 10:20 a.m.

Oh yeah Dirtmerchant lips stayed the same, just built up the landings, but agreed they have some pop. Still pretty easy to overshoot so don t go to buck. Will have the crew keep in mind most people are on down hill bikes, I understand, but these lips still work good.

June 27, 2011, 10:26 a.m.

Technoir? Do tell.

Rode the park this weekend and you guys are doing a great job. Yes the lips are a bit different on DM but that makes it a new challenge! Trails were running awesome.