Current conditions

Aug. 20, 2011, 11:22 p.m.

What's good for slow tech up at WBP… black level but not many jumps? I cleaned Rock City last year on my hardtail save for a ledge drop near the beginning. Other Shore-type trails?

In deep, fatcrobat, captain safety, new joke, original sin, goats gully, clownshoes, crack addict, Sunday afternoon delight, angry pirate

Oh and comfortably numb is pretty slow and techy

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Aug. 22, 2011, 4:22 p.m.

Anyone know what park conditions are like after today's rain? Supposed to go up tomorrow and it was a downpour today on the shore - I'm curious if garbo, afternoon delight, schleyer, etc. are now a slick, soupy mess.

Aug. 22, 2011, 4:25 p.m.

Should be hero dirt coming this week.

Thread killer

Aug. 22, 2011, 4:38 p.m.

Anyone know what park conditions are like after today's rain? Supposed to go up tomorrow and it was a downpour today on the shore - I'm curious if garbo, afternoon delight, schleyer, etc. are now a slick, soupy mess.

I rode last Sunday after a one hour downpour and the jump trails were off the hook. Goats Gully and In Deep were a little squirrely but Freight Train, Dirt Merchant and A-Line were amazing.

Aug. 24, 2011, 11 a.m.

I rode 5 minutes after the rain stopped and trails were great, rubber stuck like on rails! Go for it. Yeah, some patches of mud but whatever, overall was great, better than dust.

Aug. 24, 2011, 12:07 p.m.

I was up at the weekend, and rode on Monday during the rain, and again yesterday. It needed the rain pretty bad. Monday was a bit muddy, but not too bad (it was raining after all). Yesterday was perfect. Trails super tacky, but not muddy. Rode the whole mountain, both the lower mountain and Garbo were great. Best day I have had up there this season.

The only thing to watch out for was the wood that was still a little damp, but I am sure that will dry out if there are a couple of fine days in a row [HTML_REMOVED] some traffic.

Aug. 24, 2011, 12:42 p.m.

im sure today would be one of the best days riding anywhere in whistler or pemby for a long time

Aug. 24, 2011, 1:30 p.m.

Rode yesterday - conditions turned out to be fantastic. From Garbo down to lower mountain, dirt was tacky and fast. Rooted sections up top were a little wet but posed no problems.

Aug. 24, 2011, 7:02 p.m.

im sure today would be one of the best days riding anywhere in whistler or pemby for a long time

Grumble Why did I get a job this week Grumble Grumble haha

Aug. 24, 2011, 9:02 p.m.

You're right. Except for In Deep there was hero dirt all over the place, it was amazing. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Sept. 1, 2011, 8:23 p.m.

Since I'm very likely not the only one wondering about this:

What the hell happened to Ho Chi Min? The trail was fairly beaten up but I don't really get what has been done to the trail. Anyone mind to explain the logic behind it?

Sept. 1, 2011, 8:40 p.m.

Raining on and off most of today and seems to be raining a bit now.. forecast says it should be clearing up tomorrow morning so hopefully should have tamed some of the dust and be riding pretty nice tomorrow afternoon :D

Sept. 1, 2011, 9:02 p.m.

Since I'm very likely not the only one wondering about this:

What the hell happened to Ho Chi Min? The trail was fairly beaten up but I don't really get what has been done to the trail. Anyone mind to explain the logic behind it?

It has become buffed and likely restored to a blue level trail for the newbs. I like the work.

Sept. 1, 2011, 11:19 p.m.

HCM will lose the buff quick, that dirt is super loose and will get pushed around pretty quick

Sept. 5, 2011, 11:41 p.m.

HCM will lose the buff quick, that dirt is super loose and will get pushed around pretty quick

i was working as hard as i could this weekend to restore ho chi min to its previous condition, fuck thats a blast sliding thru there.