Creekside for the summer

May 9, 2012, 10:09 p.m.

So i've lived in Whistler before, just outside the village. Back for another season however not really here to drink myself leggless like alot of the transiant lot seem to be. Sure i love to pound a few beers, but like getting a good days riding in too. Been looking around for rooms to rent and best palces i've found seem to be in creekside. Whats it like over the summer. Rode the trail bike out there and wasn't too bad of a ride only took 10min there and 7min back, DH rig probably be a couple min ontop of that each way.

What are the pros and cons of living out there?

Also seems most of the transients are here mainly for dh that ive met. Best place to hook up a crew to ride some tral/xc? Toonie rides? Real keen to ride pemby and squamish

cheers

May 10, 2012, 7:58 a.m.

I'd go to the local races/events.
Also trail days are good way to meet people and demonstrate that you are decent human being.

May 10, 2012, 9:07 a.m.

Monday Toonies and Wednesday night DH rides are a good way to meet other riders.

Creekside is awesome in the summer. It's almost tourist-free and you've got most of your amenities (groceries, LCB, pub, coffee shops, sushi) right there. Now if only Dusty's would stay open…..

iforonewelcome.com

May 10, 2012, 9:10 a.m.

Monday Toonies and Wednesday night DH rides are a good way to meet other riders.

Creekside is awesome in the summer. It's almost tourist-free and you've got most of your amenities (groceries, LCB, pub, coffee shops, sushi) right there. Now if only Dusty's would stay open…..

xc toonies are thursdays, actually….monday night worca group rides out of bike co though, but they tend to lean more towards the beginner/intermediate realm.

May 10, 2012, 9:21 a.m.

Where in Creekside? If it's behind the Husky that in places is a bit of a slum. When your windows are open during the hot summer months, you will hear the skateboards and long weekends bring out the deaf drunks. They get drunk and yell a lot and always at least once or twice a year some donkey feels compelled to rev up a snowmobile and ride around. I stayed in Creekside on Drew drive for about 15 years at my Mother in laws place before we bought our own in Nordic. It is so much more peaceful up there.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 10, 2012, 10:33 a.m.

Place i am looking at is actually on LondonLane just off the highway. Owner owns a couple places next to eachother. So its away from everything other than the highway which doesn't seem too bad.

Wvll have to check out the Lost lake toonie ride tonight, not done much ridind recently so should be interesting. i'll be out on the norco range if any of you lot are heading out.

Seems like Dusty's is a great place for a beer, opens at 4, perfect, ride all day then hit up a few later on that night.

May 10, 2012, 12:12 p.m.

I lived in the "chicken coops" next to Husky for a winter about 20yrs ago. Can't believe they're still standing! Cheap - and that was the only positive.

Cheers Ben

May 10, 2012, 12:21 p.m.

creekside is a decent place to live. fast easy access to many of the funnest trails in whistler off the flank trail. Toonies is a good place to meet people, though its always hard to crack into a crew without a buddy in there or a nice rack. just always talk to people at the apres of the toonie and try to organize rides there.

also right now stuff is melting out fast in Whistler, get the trail map if you dont already and start to explore.

i'll be at tonights toonie (if i dont get stuck at work) brown enduro with red grips.

May 10, 2012, 12:46 p.m.

I lived in the "chicken coops" next to Husky for a winter about 20yrs ago. Can't believe they're still standing! Cheap - and that was the only positive.

Cheers Ben

My wife's parents had a chicken coop. I stayed there a few times. They certainly aren't in very good shape now though.

London lane other than highway noise will be a lot quieter I think than the Drew Drive gong show.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 10, 2012, 1:41 p.m.

I pedalled my DH bike back and forth from Bayshores the last couple of years, it's about 15 minutes if you're chilling, no big deal.

Personally I love living in the Creek. If you set your day up right, you can ride
your last lap of the day straight to Creekside.

The area behind the gas station is a bit of a slum, but if the price is right, its not nearly as out of hand as it can be in the winter.

freakin squamish hicks that can't even get pogey right. go back to your meth pipe

May 10, 2012, 1:50 p.m.

I pedalled my DH bike back and forth from Bayshores the last couple of years, it's about 15 minutes if you're chilling, no big deal.

Personally I love living in the Creek. If you set your day up right, you can ride

The area behind the gas station is a bit of a slum, but if the price is right, its not nearly as out of hand as it can be in the winter.

word…the highway is pretty quick, stand and pedal, get to the hill warmed up and ready to rock…or cruise the valley trail for a bit more chill experience, only a few minutes more and you get to take in the scenery along the lakes…I like rockin' the ski out too off garbanzo when I'm done in the park and can coast right into my driveway in bayshores, it rules

May 10, 2012, 2:26 p.m.

Creekside's my fave area - Nordic area, actually. As for living there in the summer? Ace - you've got Wayside and Lakeside, two of the best wet spots for the hot months. The Alpha [HTML_REMOVED] Nita Lake across the highway. The grind to the lifts on a full squish can be a bit of a pain, but it's totally doable and hey, a great warm up. London Lane is either a place in Lake Placid Lodge, or Legends or the like. Not bad - got all your needs and wants right there - grocery store, liquor store, etc.

Great spot, more locals, less BS.

Peace,
DS

PS - yep, chicken coops are still standing but they're in the midst of strata-wide redevelopment.

"I'm addicted to surfing."

May 10, 2012, 4:52 p.m.

?
is there a bike track back to creekside from the mountain?

May 10, 2012, 5:47 p.m.

There isn't an "official" trail to the Creek from the mountain, but you can get there. Have a look at a winter trail map or a topo map and you'll figure it out

freakin squamish hicks that can't even get pogey right. go back to your meth pipe

May 10, 2012, 6:16 p.m.

I stayed just down Lake Placid Road (less than a minutes walk away from Southside Diner and their awesome bbq pulled pork) for a couple of months last summer and it was great. Around a 10 minute ride to the village lifts on my dh bike via the highway, around 15 via the valley trail. Grocery and beer stores a minutes walk away and frequent buses to and from the village for going drinking.