Crabapple Just Got Bigger!

May 31, 2012, 11:59 a.m.

Just remember lads, all sack and no sense will have you laying there broken, squirming in your own piss soaked pants waiting for the meat wagon.

It's all bravado and balls till something goes wrong. May it not be you :rocker:

DS

That's loser-talk!

May 31, 2012, 12:44 p.m.

I totally agreee actually. I actually totally forgot about having to stop, slow down and case things because of a rider over their head trying to ride a trail for advanced risers.

Just remember that everyone who endevours to go to the next level has to start somewhere … the lack of familiarity riding a new trail can make it even more unnerving. So slow down if you see someone who may not be on their 30th run of the season down that trail and either ask them to let you pass or pull over where its safe and give them a good lead.

May 31, 2012, 12:48 p.m.

Whoa. Big things.

Last year's Crabapple hits definitely gave me a good scare the first committed run down, but I never had a sketchy moment on them. Probably more a testament to the build quality than my own skill. These look sweet. My only complain would be that, by building over the 'old' Crabapple, a step on the ladder has been eliminated. Would have been nice to have been able to take a 'warm-up' run on 'old' Crabapple before hitting 'new' Crabapple!

May 31, 2012, 4:56 p.m.

That's loser-talk!

No man, that's called reality.

Been there, done that, got the stretcher… :grinno:

"I'm addicted to surfing."

May 31, 2012, 5:32 p.m.

I propose they install a wind sock next to each hit.

It would look dramatic in pictures, and be a safety feature for when the heli-meatwagon has to touch down.

June 1, 2012, 9:11 a.m.

I propose they install a wind sock next to each hit.

It would look dramatic in pictures, and be a safety feature for when the heli-meatwagon has to touch down.

That would be awesome and hilarious… Maybe even the odd air traffic controller with the light paddles and the safety vest for WB promo pictures. I think this is an idea WB should run with! I'd howl if I saw that.

"I'm addicted to surfing."

June 1, 2012, 3:13 p.m.

Just remember that everyone who endevours to go to the next level has to start somewhere … the lack of familiarity riding a new trail can make it even more unnerving. So slow down if you see someone who may not be on their 30th run of the season down that trail and either ask them to let you pass or pull over where its safe and give them a good lead.

This kind of sensible thinking is not widely accepted or considered at WBP. But this is the same old story :deadhorse:

If I can know my limits and just stay the fu$% of crabapple hits, i guess i would like the same courtesy when im getting Duane Johnson dialed. (sick trail name BTW) I also put a lot of faith in what my fellow more skilled riders say. They are good judges of what i am capable of, and what is way over my head. But not every one has that luxury.
Shame on us both for being so sensible. ;)

WTF, Over?

June 1, 2012, 8:28 p.m.

This kind of sensible thinking is not widely accepted or considered at WBP. But this is the same old story :deadhorse:

If I can know my limits and just stay the fu$% of crabapple hits, i guess i would like the same courtesy when im getting Duane Johnson dialed. (sick trail name BTW) I also put a lot of faith in what my fellow more skilled riders say. They are good judges of what i am capable of, and what is way over my head. But not every one has that luxury.
Shame on us both for being so sensible. ;)

More loser-talk!

June 2, 2012, 1:27 a.m.

So one of the guys i work with talked to the head of trail crew and the Crabapple jumps have not been increased in size. They have just been buffed up.

WhistlerActionCams.com

June 2, 2012, 2:04 a.m.

So one of the guys i work with talked to the head of trail crew and the Crabapple jumps have not been increased in size. They have just been buffed up.

Was the last one 50 feet last season too?

June 2, 2012, 7:55 a.m.

Was the last one 50 feet last season too?

no it wasn't and it isn't now. the hits are all the same size as last year. All they have done is buffed out the take off or changed it slightly. they have not added to or removed anything to change the size of them. For now i am gonna believe the head of trail crew over the randoms on the internet :) .

WhistlerActionCams.com

June 2, 2012, 8:51 a.m.

:lol: Good old internet. 4 pages of bull. :lol:

June 2, 2012, 11:24 a.m.

no it wasn't and it isn't now. the hits are all the same size as last year. All they have done is buffed out the take off or changed it slightly. they have not added to or removed anything to change the size of them. For now i am gonna believe the head of trail crew over the randoms on the internet :) .

I wasn't dissing your source, just curious as to weather or not this was my error. I read something that said the last one measures 50 feet tip to tip, but if it was the same last year than the mistake would have been in my interpretation of the information and not the information itself. I will really have to nut up on opening day and go see how big it is because it looks huge in the pic!

June 2, 2012, 6:17 p.m.

We will nut up tomorrow:rocker:

June 2, 2012, 6:52 p.m.

I wasn't dissing your source, just curious as to weather or not this was my error. I read something that said the last one measures 50 feet tip to tip, but if it was the same last year than the mistake would have been in my interpretation of the information and not the information itself. I will really have to nut up on opening day and go see how big it is because it looks huge in the pic!

If you have hit it last year should be no real difference. Only thing that may have changed is the take off on like 1 or 2 of them. So a little more sender and not so much popper :P

WhistlerActionCams.com