Crabapple Just Got Bigger!

May 29, 2012, 9:28 p.m.

May 29, 2012, 9:32 p.m.

This is getting out of hand…. :woot:

May 29, 2012, 9:54 p.m.

jesus…

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/

May 29, 2012, 9:57 p.m.

Wow. I used to like riding crabapple. Don't know if I'll be able to nut up now.

Bicycles!

May 29, 2012, 9:59 p.m.

I felt like I got over a big mental block when I finally started hitting them late summer last year….looks like I need to sack up again…..

May 29, 2012, 10:02 p.m.

not riding Whistler for a long time until last season, the size of the hits surprised me and Jer as we rode into them. he snapped his derailleur first jump, i was right behind him and did the girly man pull out to the left…

May 29, 2012, 10:36 p.m.

Judging from the size of these I'm assuming the snapped derailleur was due to getting hung up on one of those tree tops, yes?

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaayzeus, those aren't jumps, they're job security for the medical centre staff :S

"I'm addicted to surfing."

May 29, 2012, 11 p.m.

maybe I'm a pussy, and that's highly likely, but it would be nice if they were a bit more stepdowny with a rolled over tranny instead of the harsh edge to case….but yeah, maybe I should also just go further….

May 29, 2012, 11:28 p.m.

On the one hand I'm thinking these are now ridiculous, but on the other hand riders who are comfortable on and desire jumps this big should have an option in the park as well. I guess you could classify these as a 'triple black diamond' feature.

May 30, 2012, midnight

I think they have their place for the really brave Whistler regulars. I'm sure a lot of guys will be hooting and hollering down this run! I'm going to need a big cup of nut the nut up for these ones, but I'm sure once they've been cleared a few times get them they'll be just like A-line.

Apparently the jump pictured measures 50 feet from the tip of the take off to the top of the tranny. Imagine how much dirt they would save if they didn't make it a table top :evil:.

May 30, 2012, 12:03 a.m.

would you agree that tables are actually more dangerous then gaps? Ive seen so many riders case tables which results in the back wheel landing higher then the front and the rider gets bucked over the bars, at least with gaps you can let the bike take the impact if you short it. Not sure either scenario would matter on these though haha.

May 30, 2012, 12:11 a.m.

would you agree that tables are actually more dangerous then gaps? Ive seen so many riders case tables which results in the back wheel landing higher then the front and the rider gets bucked over the bars, at least with gaps you can let the bike take the impact if you short it. Not sure either scenario would matter on these though haha.

I agree, and kinda think that's why the landings should be a bit lower and rounder…

May 30, 2012, 12:14 a.m.

maybe I'm a pussy, and that's highly likely, but it would be nice if they were a bit more stepdowny with a rolled over tranny instead of the harsh edge to case….but yeah, maybe I should also just go further….

I never hit them last year at all, just wasn't into going that big last year. I'd rather have the landing a little higher then the take off so you can see how far you need to go, it just feels so blind at the bottom of the takeoff, like the big table after tombstone on Aline, might have to sack up this year and rock those floaters….

mtbskierdad

May 30, 2012, 12:19 a.m.

I never hit them last year at all, just wasn't into going that big last year. I'd rather have the landing a little higher then the take off so you can see how far you need to go, it just feels so blind at the bottom of the takeoff, like the big table after tombstone on Aline, might have to sack up this year and rock those floaters….

I just had a couple of really harsh cases the first few times that made me feel like I broke my ankles….at the very least rounding off the lip of the tranny would help a lot….

May 30, 2012, 12:27 a.m.

I just had a couple of really harsh cases the first few times that made me feel like I broke my ankles….at the very least rounding off the lip of the tranny would help a lot….

Just let a bunch of other riders case them first, that should do the trick.