Comfortably Number - which bike 29 or 26?

May 30, 2014, 9:32 a.m.

CN is awesome if you have the engine and the skills.

this. i've ridden the full thing four times. the first was a total grind, the second not much different. but by the third i had enough left in the tank to have fun on the descent. and the last time i actually enjoyed the middle section the most, lots of punchy up, down and across action, fully engaging and fun if you're up for it

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 30, 2014, 10:14 a.m.

this. i've ridden the full thing four times. the first was a total grind, the second not much different. but by the third i had enough left in the tank to have fun on the descent. and the last time i actually enjoyed the middle section the most, lots of punchy up, down and across action, fully engaging and fun if you're up for it

Yup, its a fun trail. Just is a kick in the teeth if you are out of shape.

As for the wheel sizeā€¦ It is really irrelevant. Ride what you got.

May 30, 2014, 10:50 a.m.

hey not every one likes going uphill, but the bike par is right nearby for those cats. It is an awesome climb. One real grind early on but the beauty of that trail is that lots of the climbing isn't that steep. And the descent from the top is quite long as well. Sounds like the OP is only doing Yummy to the last part of CN which used to be called Foreplay when it was a hike up and ride down. I'd ride which ever of the two climbs best because Yummy is a bit of a beast to climb. I've done it on my hard tail 29er and had few problems going down. Walked a couple spots to be safe.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 30, 2014, 11:22 a.m.

I have done it both with 26" 4x bike and a 29r Hardtail. 29r ftw, even though some of the down moves were harder I cleaned more of the trail on the big wheels. and I was in better shape, but i am sure wheel size was the real factor