clown shoes drop

Oct. 5, 2005, 6:15 p.m.

Every time I do it I say to myself "I like riding my bike off the edge of things". It's a fun drop. Try to hit the part of the tranny to the right of the sharp rocks and you're laughing. Even landing on the rocks is fine. Just use your body to help absorb the impact.

-m

Oct. 5, 2005, 6:32 p.m.

Its not that fun imo, but kinda satisfying. Basically you roll off of it without pedaling, and drop it like it was a curb, sorta line up your bike and land. theres nothing to it really. The tranny can be shitty at times, but its never harsh enough for me to say i wish i didnt hit that, course i am on a dh bike when ive been there.

Oct. 5, 2005, 9:47 p.m.

go as slow as possible and stick to the right of the rocks , from there on its easy as pie

:stupid:

:duh:
[email protected]

Oct. 5, 2005, 10:48 p.m.

My buddy did it on a 250 with a flick. He stuck it fine. Ive only riden clown shoes once, and it hit it. As pretty much everyone before me said, its not that great, good to do once or twice…..

Oct. 6, 2005, 5:50 p.m.

Drops just arent that fun after the first time i find. like 03Scream said stick to the right. there are a couple roots and rocks on the left side but hit the right side, 1/4 in from the right edge and its nice.

- Dobie

Oct. 6, 2005, 9:49 p.m.

If you like ugly trannies,it's right for you, I did it on my nerdco 4by

you arn't cool for posting that.

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

Oct. 6, 2005, 10:22 p.m.

noooooo, im not gonna be there on saturday, but ill be there on sunday and monday.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Oct. 7, 2005, 1:59 a.m.

ive done it many times, fun drop for sure

Oct. 7, 2005, 2:50 p.m.

The pics won't do it justice, don't make any decisions until you've seen it. Getting there is more than half the fun.

Getting there is a ton of fun.

That drop is smooth. Nice long steep tranny. I really don't think they get much better than that. Just have a look before you leap to know where the sweet spot is on the tranny.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Oct. 7, 2005, 2:56 p.m.

ye i agree with the dude.. wtf is the problem with the tranny.. fuck my beast barly ever makes the tranyn yet i still dont have a prob with it.. when its dry tho the corner after it can b pretty scary at speed.. read 2 wheel drift for 40-50 feet through the shally sand… no good

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 7, 2005, 2:59 p.m.

how about some pictures for those who have no idea what the rest of you are babbling about?

"i'll be on the grind 'til it all collapse / and if its mine; word is bond / i'm-a take it right back"

Oct. 7, 2005, 3:14 p.m.

alright, its about a 8 foot drop of the top 3 foot of the easy side http://photo.pinkbike.com/photo/615/pbpic615571.jpg
http://photo.pinkbike.com/photo/257/pbpic257720.jpg
http://photo.pinkbike.com/photo/263/pbpic263370.jpg

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 7, 2005, 3:36 p.m.

Its fun on a hardtail. Only hit once on the HT but I dont find it bad at all.

I think you people should learn how to set a bike down…

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Oct. 7, 2005, 7:12 p.m.

Hey I hit it on my 4" hardtail when I was riding Whistler chainless 2 yrs ago. Why did I hit it?? I didn't even know it was there!!!! No kidding, I was riding the ladder bridge before it and because I was riding chainless I was pretty much just trying to flow everything without really scoping it, and I rode off the drop and stuck it. It felt pretty harsh but I didn't even realize how big it was til the bottom when I turned around, and I was like "crap, if I had known about that drop I probably would haven't have hit it". But anyways I say forget about it, and you'll have stuck it before you even realized it. At least that worked for me!

Oct. 7, 2005, 7:44 p.m.

Hey I hit it on my 4" hardtail when I was riding Whistler chainless 2 yrs ago. Why did I hit it?? I didn't even know it was there!!!! No kidding, I was riding the ladder bridge before it and because I was riding chainless I was pretty much just trying to flow everything without really scoping it, and I rode off the drop and stuck it. It felt pretty harsh but I didn't even realize how big it was til the bottom when I turned around, and I was like "crap, if I had known about that drop I probably would haven't have hit it". But anyways I say forget about it, and you'll have stuck it before you even realized it. At least that worked for me!

cool. wierd feeling, goes from ok to very bad to very good in about a second. i think ill just look at it, and go for it.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..