clown shoes drop

Oct. 5, 2005, 4:50 p.m.

does anybody have any advice about hitting this drop? from the looks of pictures, it looks like a really shitty tranny. i would be hitting it on a ht, so the crappiness of the tranny concerns me. any other pointers before i hit it?

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:03 p.m.

my advice? avoid it. i have hit it only a few times and each time as i ride away i ask myself…"why did i do that again?"

its good for one thing..bragging rights (ego)…

not good for the bike, the body….

but if you MUST do it…think slow, controlled huck with FULL bending at the elbows/knees…

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:13 p.m.

probably look at it in person instead of photos

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:21 p.m.

ive done it twice, i wouldnt reccomend doing it often, i agree with seand its not worth it, Do it once and then you'll see. I find it really rough and not worth it at all just do it once for bragging rights.

Fox 400X2.75 spring from DHX 5.0 for sale
Brand New Cove Stiffee for sale. Make an offer…

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:31 p.m.

hmm…seems like the general consensus is that its a crappy harsh drop that is one of those "ive done it" things. i might just have to hit it for that reason, but id also like to find out what a drop of that size feels like. how is the tranny? keep the comments coming.

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:45 p.m.

M@M are you liams cousin?

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:46 p.m.

M@M are you liams cousin?

yup :fro:
you in for a few laps on the weekend?

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:49 p.m.

for sure, he said a bunch of you were going up, are you the same one that took the driving course with him?

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:52 p.m.

everytime i hit it i ask myself why i bother to, it isnt a fun drop

:ireland: Pickem-up Truck

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:52 p.m.

for sure, he said a bunch of you were going up, are you the same one that took the driving course with him?

the very same. i think, including you, there will be 6 of us up there.

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:55 p.m.

wow thats quite a few, i'll probley only do a few runs with you guys then, i dont like big groups. So i take it you know who I am then right?

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:56 p.m.

I'll be the first to pipe up and say that I like it. I'd rather do the Clownshoes drop than the GLC. Both are a little harsh, but the Clownshoes drop at least gives you a sense of accomplishment.

The pics won't do it justice, don't make any decisions until you've seen it. Getting there is more than half the fun.

iforonewelcome.com

Oct. 5, 2005, 6:03 p.m.

wow thats quite a few, i'll probley only do a few runs with you guys then, i dont like big groups. So i take it you know who I am then right?

yeah, paul informed me.

Oct. 5, 2005, 6:03 p.m.

I'll be the first to pipe up and say that I like it. I'd rather do the Clownshoes drop than the GLC. Both are a little harsh, but the Clownshoes drop at least gives you a sense of accomplishment.

The pics won't do it justice, don't make any decisions until you've seen it. Getting there is more than half the fun.

i agree, the part before it is very fun. ill just have to check it out on saturday.

Oct. 5, 2005, 6:04 p.m.

I find it ok, tranny is sufficiently steep. Last time I was there the
right side was a little smoother. It is a fairly slow speed huck.

Look at it so you know where you want to land.