Close call...

Sept. 4, 2008, 1:01 a.m.

eegads! healing vibes coming your way. and yes don't be a knob like me and not take the physio seriously. it'll bite you back later on in life when you're older.

take care out there folks.

I'm sure no pun intended…

Seriously, that's my scariest nightmare from a crash…Glad to hear you'll be ok
though, and healing vibes from me to you…

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Sept. 4, 2008, 7:41 a.m.

that jump has a giant pothole just before the top of the lip, that could be what caused all of you to get bucked.

Sept. 4, 2008, 11:07 a.m.

Ouch - good to read that you are kinda ok. Healing vibes. :)

Hope you got yourself to some TLC and some :beer:?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 4, 2008, 4:55 p.m.

that jump has a giant pothole just before the top of the lip, that could be what caused all of you to get bucked.

true that, just go to the left or right side of the lip and you should be fine

australia was actually founded by criminals and its original purpose was for england to send over its criminals so the brits wouldnt have to deal with them in England, minding this was over 100 yrs ago.

Sept. 4, 2008, 7:10 p.m.

there's a rock drop, then a step up, then a table, then rock drop, then another step up

the table had a pot hole in the lip that would kick you wierd

australia was actually founded by criminals and its original purpose was for england to send over its criminals so the brits wouldnt have to deal with them in England, minding this was over 100 yrs ago.

Sept. 4, 2008, 7:28 p.m.

Glad to hear you are ok. I'm wondering how you ended up landing so harshly though? No time to roll over and take the impact on your shoulder and then immediately roll onto your back?

Sept. 4, 2008, 7:39 p.m.

there's a rock drop, then a step up, then a table, then rock drop, then another step up

the table had a pot hole in the lip that would kick you wierd

You know what I almost shit brix on that jump and I just assumed it was my horrible technique and didnt ride dm again that day. Guess that's the reason.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Sept. 4, 2008, 7:42 p.m.

Glad to hear you are ok. I'm wondering how you ended up landing so harshly though? No time to roll over and take the impact on your shoulder and then immediately roll onto your back?

The fall was at the first drop, by the trail head.
I don't really know what happened.
I have done that drop before, no problem.

I think something got stuck in the spokes or pedals. Or maybe I just missed the end of the runway.. I don't know. :???:
The bike just stopped right there and I went flying. Had no time for anything.
Bad luck, or just a costly error..

Thanks all for the healing vibes..

Sept. 4, 2008, 7:45 p.m.

You know what I almost shit brix on that jump and I just assumed it was my horrible technique and didnt ride dm again that day. Guess that's the reason.

like i said, just hit the far left or right side of the lip and you'll be fine

Sept. 4, 2008, 9:24 p.m.

I think he chose to be a Samurai instead of a Ninja. One more reason why Ninjas
are better than Samurai's of course to be a true Ninja you'd ride chainless and
you would make no sound as you rolled.

Sept. 4, 2008, 9:35 p.m.

Twice a couple of weeks ago I almost (unintentionally) front flipped that same jump: sketchy!

Sept. 4, 2008, 11:04 p.m.

yeah that's where I landed squirrley and hit a tree…slamming my abdomen into my seat…luckily nothing ruptured. I don't really like that drop much, I've hit it before too no problem……healing vibes going your way!!

sweeeeeet

Sept. 5, 2008, 9:02 a.m.

The fall was at the first drop, by the trail head.
I don't really know what happened.
I have done that drop before, no problem.

Hmm, funny same thing happenned to me last season on that jump. Riding good all day then blammo I went sailing over the bars, maybe clipped the tree, and my day ended. Still not sure what happenned and now I'm very mindful of it. Lucky for me without the same consequences as your fall.
I think its end of day confidence + end of day fatigue = pay attn or youre gonna eat it.

heal up bud.

Sept. 5, 2008, 12:16 p.m.

I think its end of day confidence + end of day fatigue = pay attn or you're gonna eat it.

heal up bud.

QFT!

Sept. 5, 2008, 9:27 p.m.

I did the same thing july 11 on the last jump in the 4x. T8, 10, and 12 were compressed, and I broke both elbows (tried to roll…) The doctors said I came out amazingly well, and as of today (8weeks) i get to ride again.

Hang in there, the first week and a half are by far the worst. after that, you get more mobile in no time. healing vibes coming your way