Bike Park First Day

May 21, 2009, 1:52 p.m.

A few years ago I was on the lift, going over that first ALine table where the rookies eat it all the time. A rider was down, and was being attended to by the ambulance people.

The rider's buddies were waiting there with him, sitting under a tree as the paramedics took care of the hurt rider.

I could see a bear sitting in the tree above the two friends, who didn't know Mr. Bear was there.

I guess someone yelled from the lift a few minutes later, and those guys bolted faster than a bad case of the trots.

Then there was the time a bear jumped into the Longhorn patio. Someone on here has a picture of it. The patio cleared fairly quickly.

i remember last year, two bears were getting it on, there's a picture around here as well.

May 21, 2009, 1:56 p.m.

A few years ago I was on the lift, going over that first ALine table where the rookies eat it all the time. A rider was down, and was being attended to by the ambulance people.

The rider's buddies were waiting there with him, sitting under a tree as the paramedics took care of the hurt rider.

I could see a bear sitting in the tree above the two friends, who didn't know Mr. Bear was there.

I guess someone yelled from the lift a few minutes later, and those guys bolted faster than a bad case of the trots.

Then there was the time a bear jumped into the Longhorn patio. Someone on here has a picture of it. The patio cleared fairly quickly.

I've got pictures somewhere of a couple of bears hanging out just on the other side of the last table off A-Line before turning left down to the GLC drops. They were sitting there watching, right on the side of the trail, just out of sight of anyone hitting that table. Not sure if they were enjoying the show or waiting for dinner.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.