Bike Park First Day

May 19, 2009, 8:27 a.m.

Last weekend had some real meat heads out in the village but the lift lines…what lines. I imagine this upcoming weekend will have less meat heads with about the same buildup in the lines….just a guess.

Yeah, for some reason the Victoria Day long weekend = thug weekend in the village. Happens every year…

May 20, 2009, 10:10 a.m.

Yeah, for some reason the Victoria Day long weekend = thug weekend in the village. Happens every year…

What the hell is with all the mohawks and faux hawks?! I lost count of how many i saw…

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

May 20, 2009, 11:52 a.m.

"The latest addition will be a new lower Crank it Up that gets riders off the Singing Pass road and offers a much better ride out to merge with Heart of Darkness. Stay tuned for more updates on what we are adding for next Saturday, at this rate it should be significant."

but i like the road, gives you a chance to chill

May 20, 2009, 12:06 p.m.

how's about less machine built blue trail and more singletrack!

May 20, 2009, 12:09 p.m.

no no

We can't have the park monkeys knowing about the goods of actual flowing singletrack. If they get a taste of it they might leave the park. Bad idea. Feed the monkeys endless machine built park trails.

May 20, 2009, 12:30 p.m.

Yeah with you on that one. There seems to be more and more machine built trails. The new bottom of Schleyer… the entrance into World Cup Downhill… why the wide trails?

Going to have to give up the Park for greener pastures when I want to rip some single. There is crap loads of it out there…

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

May 20, 2009, 1:03 p.m.

I was out for a run in some Westside trails a couple days ago, and there was some loam I'm pretty sure. And the trail wasn't even that new I don't think!

I think it may have been a braid though.

Anyway, I'm in Creekside so these trails are pretty close. I must ride them soon, instead of running them. Running them is pretty fun too though.

May 20, 2009, 1:08 p.m.

I was out for a run in some Westside trails a couple days ago, and there was some loam I'm pretty sure. And the trail wasn't even that new I don't think!

I think it may have been a braid though.

Anyway, I'm in Creekside so these trails are pretty close. I must ride them soon, instead of running them. Running them is pretty fun too though.

running is lame when you could be riding! westside rules it, did a ride all the way from cside to emerald last night with only a section of road between alpine and white knuckles…..so much awesome

May 20, 2009, 3:10 p.m.

Is the park very wet right now? Can't tell from the webcam… it has been showing the same images for hours…

May 20, 2009, 3:18 p.m.

Yesterday morning left some mud on my butt, yesterday afternoon left a big grin on my face!

May 20, 2009, 3:31 p.m.

Is the park very wet right now? Can't tell from the webcam… it has been showing the same images for hours…

im still cleaning my bike from monday

May 20, 2009, 5:30 p.m.

AllI have to say about WBP is WOW!

I was there saturday,sunday,monday… rode all day all three days.

Formy mind the run of the day on openning day was Crank it Up(into Deart of Darkness)… it was the only run I felt was dialled on day 1. Though as the weekend went on I felt the B-Line varients suggested above became the better trails; even if the odd soup kitchen developed on the odd berm.

I must have been about the 4th chair up of the season - excluding those lucky WBP employees. The 5:15am Saturday Greyhound bus from Vancouver to Whistler was well worth it.:woot:

Was anyone else peturbed by the bear that lived near Heart of Darkness and Lower Crank it Up (I saw another on the intersection between B-Line and the top of Ho Chi Min)

Meet my NEW ride: 2009 Santa Cruz Blur LT

May 21, 2009, 10:44 a.m.

Perhaps a better question is if the bear was perturbed by you, yes?

May 21, 2009, 1:27 p.m.

A few years ago I was on the lift, going over that first ALine table where the rookies eat it all the time. A rider was down, and was being attended to by the ambulance people.

The rider's buddies were waiting there with him, sitting under a tree as the paramedics took care of the hurt rider.

I could see a bear sitting in the tree above the two friends, who didn't know Mr. Bear was there.

I guess someone yelled from the lift a few minutes later, and those guys bolted faster than a bad case of the trots.

Then there was the time a bear jumped into the Longhorn patio. Someone on here has a picture of it. The patio cleared fairly quickly.

May 21, 2009, 1:51 p.m.

running is lame when you could be riding! westside rules it, did a ride all the way from cside to emerald last night with only a section of road between alpine and white knuckles…..so much awesome

I don't have a suitable ride (yet) to climb with. I've got a park bike and a DJer. Plus, I love running in the woods, so I'm having good times anyway.

I ran the Flank from Function to Rainbow Falls today, and there's still lots of snow at the higher elevations, in the two creek crossing areas (Nita Creek I think?).

It's like 5k of continuous climbing from Function. In this case I'm glad I was on two feet instead of two wheels.