Bets on when Garbo opens.

June 8, 2011, 5:21 p.m.

Any bets on when Garbo is opening, hopefully sometime before August given all the snow.

Need to get me some Fatcrobat.

June 8, 2011, 8:13 p.m.

I think it will technically be open for Crankworx.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 8, 2011, 8:58 p.m.

I dont see why it couldnt easily be opened beginning of next month. the snow is melting really fast. Im gonna say july 5th

June 8, 2011, 11:04 p.m.

Hopefully far later than last year. Less snow last year, and it was still insta-shit-kicked the day it was open. Early crankworx doesn't bode well for garbo conditions in my opinion.

June 9, 2011, 12:03 a.m.

Hopefully far later than last year. Less snow last year, and it was still insta-shit-kicked the day it was open. Early crankworx doesn't bode well for garbo conditions in my opinion.

in deep is already pretty gross, this certainly isn't going to help it any.

June 9, 2011, 6:21 a.m.

july

June 9, 2011, 10:26 a.m.

You wanna know why early crankworx this year cause all the racers can make it this year ,normaly in aug it interferes with there other race plans .
Yes it will be a soupy mess i wount ride till end of aug .
Mid mountain has everything to offer plus you can get more laps in iff you stick to mid.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

June 9, 2011, 10:47 a.m.

You wanna know why early crankworx this year cause all the racers can make it this year ,normaly in aug it interferes with there other race plans .
Yes it will be a soupy mess i wount ride till end of aug .
Mid mountain has everything to offer plus you can get more laps in iff you stick to mid.

Early August is the wind-down time before the last part of the season, it was perfect for racers. Crankworx this year was planned during the UCI set dates for multiple National Championships. If anything it interferes with a lot more races than in previous years. Still don't understand why it's so early this year.

June 9, 2011, 11:15 a.m.

in deep is already pretty gross, this certainly isn't going to help it any.

lower In Deep was pretty sad at the end of the season, is there anything that can be done to it?

~~~~~~~~~~~

June 9, 2011, 11:30 a.m.

lower In Deep was pretty sad at the end of the season, is there anything that can be done to it?

I think it's just the nature of that trail.
I've been in there during dry times, and there are still areas with gnarly muck.

Great trail though…

June 9, 2011, 2 p.m.

Early August is the wind-down time before the last part of the season, it was perfect for racers. Crankworx this year was planned during the UCI set dates for multiple National Championships. If anything it interferes with a lot more races than in previous years. Still don't understand why it's so early this year.

la bresse worldcup is on the first august weekend, val di sole 2 weeks later. if you want wc pros to participate in crankworx, thats a bad time to hold your event this year…

June 13, 2011, 11:03 p.m.

I'm going to throw June 25th out there.

June 13, 2011, 11:08 p.m.

26th of june…so i can ride it when i get there

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

June 13, 2011, 11:11 p.m.

Reroute!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

June 14, 2011, 12:50 a.m.

It should be turned into a climb.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman