Best WBP trails for groms

June 12, 2015, 10:30 a.m.

when did this 'no passing' policy happen? and where is it? I've looked….I don't disagree with it, and it's what I practice when I catch people up, I really don't mind, but I haven't seen this policy in writing or discussed anywhere but in this thread….

Think there was new signage last year. Check at the top of b-line i think theres a new sign

June 12, 2015, 10:31 a.m.

Think there was new signage last year. Check at the top of b-line i think theres a new sign

too many signs = don't see all the signs

June 12, 2015, 10:40 a.m.

Yup… signage. Among the clutter of signage.

I like a lot of the new signage and progression routes. That said, it could be tightened up and culled down so the critical stuff stands out. But I'm guessing a lot of it is also insurer driven signage.

June 19, 2015, 9:01 a.m.

The signs say that slower riders have the right of way on green and blue trails, also that shouting and aggressive riding towards those riders will result in pass removal. The behaviour of riders on those trails has improved a lot over the last couple of years and maybe this had something to do with it.

July 8, 2015, 4:10 p.m.

While we're on the topic of groms, which Squamish trails should be on a keen grom's to-do list? I can't believe how good the riding is and I want to get my 7 y/o boy out there on his 20".

Wonderland we've done, absolutely beautiful meandering singletrack trail, but I'm interested in finding some steeper and more challenging blue square options that have decent access, in terms of either a mellow-ish climb and/or shuttle option.

Half Nelson, yes, good trail, but often gets ridden very very fast so that makes me a little bit leery.

I was recommended Cliff's Corners to Rollercoaster. I know there's probably tons of different options, just looking for a couple good ones to start with. Thanks.

Nov. 6, 2017, 4:53 a.m.

Posted by: Kieran

B-line, Crank it up. Ninja Cougar.

Think it would be nice if Whistler built a groms only (plus parent) trail.

oh yes, that would be nice