Best way to travel with your buke from VC Airport to Whistler

Jan. 28, 2018, 11:01 a.m.

Hello everyone, I have booked my dream holiday in Whistler this summer and since I will be staying for a couple of weeks I am thinking of taking my bike with me instead of renting one. Transfer from Vancouver airport to Whistler seems to be only possible by renting a car that can accommodate a bike box. No convenient bus lines are available as far as I can see. Is there any better way of getting my bike to Whistler?

Jan. 28, 2018, 1:37 p.m.

I know Epic Rides has a trailer specifically for bikes.

Not sure where they pick up though.

Jan. 28, 2018, 1:50 p.m.

depending on how much gear you have, you can take transit right from the airport to the bus station.  Its not the easiest transfer between the lines downtown, but its cheap.

Epic rides might have a pickup somewhere along the Canada line as well.  The Greyhound might also pick up downtown. 

You could also taxi to any of the epic rides/ greyhound pickups.

Jan. 28, 2018, 10:38 p.m.

http://www.pacificcoach.com/bus-vancouver-to-whistler/yvr-whistler-skylynx/

Jan. 31, 2018, 12:18 p.m.

Thanks everyone! That's great, I'll definitely look into those options. Can't wait to be July...

Feb. 1, 2018, 4:15 p.m.

Epic Rides picks up from the Hyatt downtown beside Burrard St. Skytrain station, I work in a building nearby and see people loading up bikes in the summer and skis in the winter to go to Whistler all the time. Getting downtown on the Canada Line and then walking 6 blocks with a bike bag on wheels plus other luggage would kind of suck but would be doable. I'd probably just pay the extra to take the bus straight from YVR.

You definitely do not need a car in Whistler so you are on the right path.

Feb. 1, 2018, 6:03 p.m.

Isn't there some van with a bike rack trailer company that runs people up and down to Whistler?

Feb. 2, 2018, 2:30 p.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Isn't there some van with a bike rack trailer company that runs people up and down to Whistler?

I think you're thinking of epic rides

Feb. 2, 2018, 8:01 p.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

I think you're thinking of epic rides

Could be.  

Maybe he could ask Air Canada ground crew to drag it up to Whistler underneath a luggage mule as well.

Feb. 2, 2018, 8:44 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Epic Rides picks up from the Hyatt downtown beside Burrard St. Skytrain station, I work in a building nearby and see people loading up bikes in the summer and skis in the winter to go to Whistler all the time. Getting downtown on the Canada Line and then walking 6 blocks with a bike bag on wheels plus other luggage would kind of suck but would be doable. I'd probably just pay the extra to take the bus straight from YVR.

Why not Cda Line to Waterfront then transfer to Expo Line to Burrard Stn?

Feb. 6, 2018, 2:44 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: grambo

Why not Cda Line to Waterfront then transfer to Expo Line to Burrard Stn?

Duh, good point hadn't thought of that. To OP: this will be fine with a roller bike bag + suitcase as long as you aren't trying to do it between 7am and 9:30am or 4pm and 6pm on a weekday.

Feb. 7, 2021, 4:42 p.m.

Seven tacos decide culpability to future hamsters.

March 5, 2021, 10:11 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Seven tacos decide culpability to future hamsters.

🤣