Best technical trails in the WBP?

May 12, 2012, 4:22 p.m.

Just bought my first DH bike so planning on riding the WBP a fair bit this season. I've only ridden the bike park twice so far, but i had trouble finding good technical shore-type trails and ended up riding smooth fast jumpy trails like crank it up most of the time, which i am not a huge fan of. What are the best technical trails in the WBP? "too tight" was one of the trails that i really enjoyed… What other trails are like this?

May 12, 2012, 5:11 p.m.

Just bought my first DH bike so planning on riding the WBP a fair bit this season. I've only ridden the bike park twice so far, but i had trouble finding good technical shore-type trails and ended up riding smooth fast jumpy trails like crank it up most of the time, which i am not a huge fan of. What are the best technical trails in the WBP? "too tight" was one of the trails that i really enjoyed… What other trails are like this?

I'd imagine the double-diamond uber squiggly looking ones on the map would suit you well :rocker:

"I'm addicted to surfing."

May 12, 2012, 5:58 p.m.

garbanzo zone has more techy trails.

May 12, 2012, 6:01 p.m.

Mellower; angry pirate, ninja cougar/karate monkey/samurai pizza cat/Ho chi min, bluezium, del bocal vista/shady acres

Gnarlier; afternoon delight, in deep, joyride, o sin, no joke, schleyer, rock city… Pretty much all the double blacks labelled "tech" are sweet. Harder ones are probably goats gully, capt. Safety, clown shoes

May 12, 2012, 6:08 p.m.

Mellower; angry pirate, ninja cougar/karate monkey/samurai pizza cat/Ho chi min, bluezium, del bocal vista/shady acres

Gnarlier; afternoon delight, in deep, joyride, o sin, no joke, schleyer, rock city… Pretty much all the double blacks labelled "tech" are sweet. Harder ones are probably goats gully, capt. Safety, clown shoes

^ that's a good answer there.

May 12, 2012, 6:20 p.m.

Thanks for the list!

May 12, 2012, 6:21 p.m.

I'd imagine the double-diamond uber squiggly looking ones on the map would suit you well :rocker:

I'm still quite new to mountain biking so gotta stick to the single black for now…

May 12, 2012, 6:50 p.m.

Angry Pirate is a good introduction to gnarlier trails (just don't fall to the right ha ha….), so to is Lower Whistler DH and then Schleyer is you are OK with small(ish) drops.

treezz
wow you are a ass

May 12, 2012, 9:53 p.m.

Goats gulley! My ass hurts just thinking about it!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

May 13, 2012, 3:34 a.m.

Crack Addict. I think I only rode it once, it's way steeper than I was expecting!

May 13, 2012, 5:09 a.m.

Crack Addict. I think I only rode it once, it's way steeper than I was expecting!

+add some wetness for more gnar ;)

May 13, 2012, 6:39 a.m.

Tech Noir!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

May 13, 2012, 8:57 a.m.

Forgot about Tech Noir, that was a bit much for me as well!

May 13, 2012, 11:53 a.m.

Original Sin -[HTML_REMOVED] Captain Safety -[HTML_REMOVED] In Deep -[HTML_REMOVED] New Blue Velvet -[HTML_REMOVED] End of Fatcrobat -[HTML_REMOVED] D1 -[HTML_REMOVED] Schleyer -[HTML_REMOVED] Dwayne Johnson -[HTML_REMOVED] Afternoon Delight -[HTML_REMOVED] Bottom of A-line

One of my favorite combos from last season, get a bit of everything in there.

May 13, 2012, 1:29 p.m.

Forgot about Tech Noir, that was a bit much for me as well!

Which one is Tech Noir?

"I'm addicted to surfing."