Best Eats in Whistler?

July 23, 2013, 6:43 p.m.

Ingrid's deli is good if you want good, hearty food at a reasonable price. Splitz if you're really hungry. Why go to Boston Pizza when you can get better pizza at Avalanche?

Thread killer

July 24, 2013, 12:07 a.m.

What a bunch of cheapskates. Rimrock. Best restaurant in the valley hands down. Another place that's very good but less pricy , Le Gros.

Can't work out if this is a joke or not. Rimrock on whistler wages and rent with 2 bikes to maintain?

July 24, 2013, 9:08 a.m.

Can't work out if this is a joke or not. Rimrock on whistler wages and rent with 2 bikes to maintain?

Of course it's a joke. But the question was what was the best place to eat in Whistler. I think that place is the Rimrock. Expensive? You betcha. But so good. Plan for $50 each at least.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 24, 2013, 9:32 a.m.

Of course it's a joke. But the question was what was the best place to eat in Whistler. I think that place is the Rimrock. Expensive? You betcha. But so good. Plan for $50 each at least.

The joke is that people will fork out for XTR over XT without flinching but moan about a $20 premium for top notch food. Although it fits the Whistler model of $10k of toys on top of a $500 car!

Cheers Ben (btdt, ate day old doughnuts for a year)

July 24, 2013, 10 a.m.

The op wants best eats for people VISITING Whistler not for the dirtbags who already live here. It's like askig the ppl who live in Vegas what the best food is. But ask those who just visit (and have some money to burn) they may say its Robuchon. (Which I was lucky enought I eat at, BEST MEAL EVER). Everyone's price point is different and if you think Dinky Dawgs is the shit good on ya.

mtbskierdad

July 24, 2013, 10:39 a.m.

On a more serious note, that Japanese place above Fat Tony's pizza has a dish that I travel to Whistler for. It's the shitaake mushrooms sauteed in a butter/soy sauce with either crab, lobster, or scallop (my fave). Their sushi and sashimi is really good too. I think it's called Sushi Village? Someone already mentioned it, but it's good enough to mention again.

For lunch, we hit up Fat Tony's for a slice of beef/blue cheese pizza, and a bottle of coke.

I find the Ric's restaurants and pubs are pretty good. Pricey for drinks, but top notch ingredients.

I went to the Thai place for my b'day last week, and while it was really good, the bill came out to $133. I'm still pretty sure they overcharged me, although I wasn't in the mood to argue over $30.

Although it fits the Whistler model of $10k of toys on top of a $500 car!

:lol:
so true.

if you think Dinky Dawgs is the shit good on ya.

I mentioned Dinky Dawgs mainly because my kids love going there on our first night. It's not a price thing, more of a fun dinner that gave me raunch-gut shortly after. I originally hit up Dup's for a killer burrito, but it was garbage. The rice was hard, the pork was overdone, and it was far smaller than I remember last year.

So there I was, right next to Dinky with a hunger, and a shitty burrito, watching my kids eat marshmallows on their franks.

In this situation, how could you say no to a bitchin' chili dawg?

:bandit:

although never again….. the raunch-gut was pepto bismol levels of serious.

July 24, 2013, 10:47 a.m.

Rainbow Park is a good place for by the water chilling. Blackcomb Village has mini golf and other bogus activities.

I'll quote myself since nobody else has answered your 2nd question and as usual a nsmb cooler-than-thou (this time) foodie circle-jerk has ensued.

Ill add beach V-ball courts at Rainbow, and huge grassy area. Lake Side park has canoe rentals etc. ATV/Jeep tours, I think last week I rode the the remainders of horseback rides up Blackcomb, plus the village that way smells like shit. Bungee jumping, cameo in a Matt Dennison video, rock climbing,

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 24, 2013, 11:24 a.m.

not gonna say it is the best food in whistler , but i've had several great meals at the alpine cafe . it's that little place at the entrance to alpine meadows just off the highway .

it's really good .

July 24, 2013, 12:20 p.m.

I've never been to bocca or citta and they're old skool tenants of the village. What's the food and service like at these places?

July 24, 2013, 12:38 p.m.

I've never been to bocca or citta and they're old skool tenants of the village. What's the food and service like at these places?

They put the capital "M" in Meh.

July 24, 2013, 2:42 p.m.

my personal fave is Ingrid's village cafe. best veggie burgers ever .. and i love meat!

July 24, 2013, 6:23 p.m.

If Gooch was around, he could tell us the best place to eat.

Thread killer

Aug. 1, 2013, 5:10 a.m.

Haven't made it back to Whistler yet (been like 4 years… I'm only cruising the boards for some gap year nostalgia - bloody law school) but I want to second that Japanese Teppenyaki place - especially the surf and turf. they also do a brilliant sake (the Japanese rice wine sp?) margarita. Probably the best meal I had in my year in Canada! n.b. more expensive than the other suggestions

Meet my NEW ride: 2009 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Aug. 1, 2013, 10:12 a.m.

my personal fave is Ingrid's village cafe. best veggie burgers ever .. and i love meat!

I haven't been there for ages - great food and wholesome.

Aug. 1, 2013, 10:56 a.m.

El Furniture Warehouse is a good place to eat, cheap drinks and all menu items are $4.95!