Any plans for a single track up Garbo this year ?

July 16, 2010, 3:44 p.m.

oh the existing stuff is plenty tech, it's just all super steep and gnar….needs more intermediate singletrack. Samurai Pizza Cat is a fine example of how quickly they can build that style of trail if they wanted too…

I was referring to the small number of tech trails, not saying the ones there aren't tech. A wet day on in deep usually gets my attention :P

Bicycles!

July 16, 2010, 5:57 p.m.

I think they are trying to finish Blue Velvet to Crank it up FIRST, then dealing with any brand new stuff, we got to be patient, it takes a while for a trail to take shape, plus with all this hot dryness, the fire hazard makes it hard to build…..

mtbskierdad

July 16, 2010, 6:48 p.m.

tourist for techy here, granted I do appreciate the mix, but it's the tech that's the draw for me. I'm getting the same feeling from the GL work at Winter Park that they are too focused on the bermy jumpy trails, but understand that's probably where the motivation is for increasing the numbers. I've been trying to speak up in the forums in support of adding tech terrain at Trestle Bike park, but despite the parents living there, we're going to vacation in BC instead for the kind of trails we like.

It's the same when the mountain is covered in snow, I pretty much stay off the trails and spend my time in the trees, but they still got to have the runs for the masses. Maybe if they could just let some trails happen with a little help from the locals that would be the way to expand the techy options.

~~~~~~~~~~~

July 16, 2010, 8:16 p.m.

i've often wondered were there isnt a trail down the Garbo chair line..

be perfect since its already cleared out, massive exposure so riders would be easily spotted if they got into trouble,and it would be primo photo-op location from teh chair looking down..

some areas are hella steep, but thats what switchbacks are for !!!!

July 16, 2010, 9:04 p.m.

i've often wondered were there isnt a trail down the Garbo chair line..

be perfect since its already cleared out, massive exposure so riders would be easily spotted if they got into trouble,and it would be primo photo-op location from teh chair looking down..

some areas are hella steep, but thats what switchbacks are for !!!!

OMG I thought I was the only one with this idea in my head.
Super flowey for the top bit then make a right or left into teh tech zone

muaaaahahhhhhhh

but seriously?

July 16, 2010, 9:21 p.m.

my guess is lack of a road if patrol need to get someone in there quickly.

July 16, 2010, 9:22 p.m.

Wouldn't it be cheaper, faster and easier to build a line like renegade rather than the wooden roller coaster thing on New Joke? Or the cow jump thing on Freight Train? I'd sooner see a new line than either of those things, but maybe I'm underestimating the effort required to chunk out a line like they recently did for the top of AP to let it get ridden in.
Pizza Cat is one of my favourite sections and I agree with some that it is better this year.

July 16, 2010, 10:59 p.m.

Patience people, Patience, it will happen, but the trail crew has other trail issues to deal with right now, like large holes in berms, braid lines on lots of trails (see Todd's report), and if the braiding keeps up rumor is that NO NEW trials will be built….at all….so ride the trails the way they were designed and maybe we'll get to see new stuff built, otherwise we are screwed…..

mtbskierdad

July 16, 2010, 11:22 p.m.

braid lines on lots of trails (see Todd's report), and if the braiding keeps up rumor is that NO NEW trials will be built….at all….

No new trails in the entire province unless people ride the trail the way it was built…that will certainly free up some time to ride more.

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

July 17, 2010, 9:17 a.m.

…and if the braiding keeps up rumor is that NO NEW trials will be built….at all….so ride the trails the way they were designed and maybe we'll get to see new stuff built, otherwise we are screwed…..

Sounds like high school.

Rumour has it that if there were more trails, braiding would be reduced.

And unless the skidding stops, the lifts will be shut down.

July 17, 2010, 10:21 a.m.

Patience people, Patience, it will happen, but the trail crew has other trail issues to deal with right now, like large holes in berms, braid lines on lots of trails (see Todd's report), and if the braiding keeps up rumor is that NO NEW trials will be built….at all….so ride the trails the way they were designed and maybe we'll get to see new stuff built, otherwise we are screwed…..

its lame to think that people will braid trails to make them look faster cos they caught the guy in front by cheating. its just fucking dumb.
should just leave some patrollers in the woods hiding and a machete style wire hanging between trees and decapitate those fuckers when they cut shit out.

July 17, 2010, 5:31 p.m.

it all come down to money, you got pay the trail crew to shut braids down, then pay patrol to put up fence lines to make sure the braids stay closed and maintain the fence line……can't spend money on new trails when that cash goes to maintaining the trails we already have….

mtbskierdad

July 17, 2010, 6:12 p.m.

I'd like to see a No Duff/DRC kind of a trail

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 18, 2010, 10:06 p.m.

Speaking of Duff Man, can they change the exit so that it doesn't run into Golden Triangle?

Yesterday we came out of Duff Man into Golden Triangle to find a tour group with about 8 people and a guide. By the time the guide turned around to check on their group there was about 10 more people on DH bikes waiting to get past the tour group creeping along.

Running a black trail into the easiest green trail on the hill just seems like not a good idea.

July 18, 2010, 10:07 p.m.

I agree, some of the braids up in Garbo land are out of control, it is getting hard to tell where the original line went.