About gondolas and chairlifts

April 28, 2016, 12:47 p.m.

Hi, after a long awaited and hard planning I'm finally going for 3 weeks this summer, in August. I'm checking the different pass options. I see there is a new full season pass for the Peak zone and "Top of The World" trail. I understand that this pass is for just one ride up. So once I go down from the gondola/chairlift I can't use it again to go up on same day. But as I'll be doing mostly enduro rides, not DH, maybe I can make my way up pedaling.

So, can this gondola/chairlift be used to link to other lower sections of the bike park? I mean, can I step down from the gondola and instead of continuing up, tackle some of the other trails and sections available?

And, pedaling up on enduro bike to different areas of the bikepark, can it be done? I don't care to crank up on the pedals and even looking a bit forward for it. I'm even planning to at least go once all the way up to Top of The World without using the lifts, I understand this can be done, can take 2-3h riding up, but doable.

Thanks!

April 28, 2016, 3:20 p.m.

You should ask Guest Relations:

https://webchat.whistlerblackcomb.com/i3root/index2.html?targetType=Workgroup[HTML_REMOVED]target=BBY-Whistler-Chat[HTML_REMOVED]interactionType=Chat

April 28, 2016, 4:39 p.m.

doable, but they'll turn you around if they come across you trying to ride up to the peak

April 28, 2016, 4:50 p.m.

Personally think there are better places to pedal than the bike park. Enjoy the park for the awesomeness that it is, the chairs are worth it.

April 28, 2016, 11:46 p.m.

You can't ride 'up' anything in th the bike park, I take it you've never ridden anything like it,after a day you'll see why. If you are mostly coming to 'enduro' get a 10 day pass and spend half your time in the bike park and half checking out all the other stuff that's in different parts of town with no lifts, tickets or anything.

April 29, 2016, 12:38 a.m.

If you want to pedal up, there are many miles of trails outside the bike park where you can do this. Nearly all the designated uphill tracks inside the park are vehicle service/access roads which are off limits to bikes. The park is specifically for downhill riding. It would be hazardous to try to pedal up many of the trails in the park as people are often going downhill and airborne at high speed.

April 29, 2016, 6:01 a.m.

http://m.trailforks.com/region/whistler/?lat=50.1124896917118[HTML_REMOVED]lon=-122.95192402442323[HTML_REMOVED]z=14[HTML_REMOVED]m=roadmap

Whistler bikepark is the trails between Top of the World and Lower A-Line.

The other 60% of trails are your pedalling trails.

April 29, 2016, 7:54 a.m.

You can't ride 'up' anything in th the bike park, I take it you've never ridden anything like it,after a day you'll see why. If you are mostly coming to 'enduro' get a 10 day pass and spend half your time in the bike park and half checking out all the other stuff that's in different parts of town with no lifts, tickets or anything.

This