A line help?

June 28, 2005, 7:36 p.m.

It was my first day up this year today, and I did not ride well, at all. I have never been good at aline or dirt merch, but today just was't good at all. Does anyone here have some pointers for just getting down the trail? I dont care about doing anything fancy or getting high up, just to flow the trail well. I am coming off a fractured knee, and 3 months off the bike before that so I suppose that couldnt have helped anything. I picked up my seasons today….so it can only go up from here :dizzy:

PS: Saw Axx riding up there, you rip buddy :)

June 28, 2005, 7:45 p.m.

sounds like you just need tog et back into the flow, my first day of the season wasnt that great but you willg et back into it, especially with a seasons pass

:ireland: Pickem-up Truck

June 28, 2005, 7:58 p.m.

follow people that are faster, I just getting off my broken hand one more week, pm me when u come next if I can ride, we will ride together. I flow aline pretty well, I racer it all, but only because I enjoy to get to the bottom fast. So ya send me a pm if u are interested.

Builder of Little Bastard

June 28, 2005, 8:04 p.m.

PS: Saw Axx riding up there, you rip buddy :)

Just keep riding it. I whore it for the majority of the day and have a nice flow going on. I had to take the chain off the bike today since my derailler tension died and the last 3 runs were by far my quickest and funnest of the day - you just gotta keep it going and pass where you can to keep it going. Its actually really fun to flow it chainless so that is recommended.

I also saw the Caps crew up there today - they got styles.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 28, 2005, 8:05 p.m.

took me until my 3rd day this year to start to get it dialed. Patience grasshopper.

PS When things start going right, don't immediately break your wrist like I did. Just a little tip… ;)

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

June 28, 2005, 8:12 p.m.

Well, it think it is more than just getting back into it, because I have never been able to ride it well. Do you just have to giver and not hold back?

June 28, 2005, 8:14 p.m.

for a noob, speed is a good thing. you wanna be hitting those trannies

turn off sigs…it will change your life

June 28, 2005, 8:14 p.m.

Well, it think it is more than just getting back into it, because I have never been able to ride it well. Do you just have to giver and not hold back?

thats what I did today, and it seemed to work. granted, i had an unfair advantage. I think that you are just rusty and the rust just needs to be smoothed out.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

June 28, 2005, 8:15 p.m.

Nope. Hold back or ride within your limits for sure. I find that if you can get comfortable clearing the 4th or larger table off of fantastic (joyride drop park area), its a pretty good chance you can guage your speed effectively and do well enough on Aline.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 28, 2005, 8:20 p.m.

Lay off the brakes.
I've ridden with countless numbers of rookie riders on that trail and the biggest achilles heel in each of them was speed.
It's not just carrying your speed in the berms and straights but into the jumps as well.
Once you learn to clear them it's only a matter of time before you are pushing into them as well for loft.
Then it's trick time.

Oooh baby.

June 28, 2005, 8:29 p.m.

Yes, try a bit more speed, I dont know really what to do for the jumps except that. Maybe try to rail the corners more? I just tried to go nice and high on the berms and lean the bike (and myself) into it keeping fairly low on the bike. It kind of worked for me. We should just get up there more and then we can keep progressing together.

22 Pride

June 28, 2005, 8:31 p.m.

Lay off the brakes.
I've ridden with countless numbers of rookie riders on that trail and the biggest achilles heel in each of them was speed.
It's not just carrying your speed in the berms and straights but into the jumps as well.
Once you learn to clear them it's only a matter of time before you are pushing into them as well for loft.
Then it's trick time.

Oooh baby.

You just summed up my problem. Now I just have to work on that mental block of taking speed into the jumps. Ive got no problem with going fast on the straights and berms.

June 28, 2005, 8:32 p.m.

also, i think you have a fear of going over the bars or over backwards. (I had this same fear when I was starting on aline) You just have to start getting air off the jumps to judge where your bike and body positioning will take you and how to compensate if its off.

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

June 28, 2005, 8:34 p.m.

also, i think you have a fear of going over the bars or over backwards. (I had this same fear when I was starting on aline) You just have to start getting air off the jumps to judge where your bike and body positioning will take you and how to compensate if its off.

Another of my problems. Ive gone over the bars and been put out of riding by it so much, i think its a mental block without me knowing. Also, the steep jumps make me slow down more than the less steep ones…..for the steep ones is it the same technique?

June 28, 2005, 8:41 p.m.

Another of my problems. Ive gone over the bars and been put out of riding by it so much, i think its a mental block without me knowing. Also, the steep jumps make me slow down more than the less steep ones…..for the steep ones is it the same technique?

i cant really tell, i just do it instinctivly