2012 Conditions... (Whistler Bike Park)

Oct. 3, 2012, 9:51 a.m.

You know, it all just clicked on me.. I know exactly what you mean now. I guess I'm spatially retarded. When I've done Afternoon Delight and go right, only DRC exists. When I'm doing WDH, the prospect of turning right and hitting the DRC rock roll has never crossed my mind.

that corner is one of the funnest on the mountain, squash the fadeaway,then two wheel drift into that corner. awesome times.
edit: wait, now im getting confused… i think if i was doing lower whistler including the 3 rolls, i would also not turn right into rock city.
wow, shouldnt post so early…

Oct. 3, 2012, 4:39 p.m.

One of my favorite lines on the hill! I never actually knew how to get to Smoke [HTML_REMOVED] Mirrors before the addition of Funshine Rollidrops.

That kept smoke n mirrors in great shape earlier this year, you had to go out of your way from b line or ninja cougar

Oct. 4, 2012, 6:37 p.m.

dirt merchant fix up caught me pretty off guard today, took that first little stepdown to flat so bad. my 4 inch travel bike has it rough out there.

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/

Oct. 4, 2012, 6:45 p.m.

I realize that the Garbo chair isn't scheduled to be open tomorrow (Friday), but does anyone know if there will be access to the Garbo zone via the Gondola? (Edit; Upon further review, it'll be closed tomorrow)

Thread killer

Oct. 7, 2012, 7:19 p.m.

So Garbo zone via gondi is closed this weekend? Were there long line ups today?

Oct. 7, 2012, 7:39 p.m.

So Garbo zone via gondi is closed this weekend? Were there long line ups today?

No, una moss was open. I don't know i was only riding from like 3:00 on, it was longish but not as long as yesterday

Oct. 7, 2012, 9:27 p.m.

Garbo was open today and I imagine it will be open tomorrow as it has been in years past.

Still dusty.

Still loose.

Still so much fun.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Oct. 7, 2012, 9:52 p.m.

It's been busy enough this weekend that they had two lifties up top so you could load three bikes on Garbo.

And they were wearing shorts and a tshirts. In October.

Oct. 7, 2012, 9:59 p.m.

It's been busy enough this weekend that they had two lifties up top so you could load three bikes on Garbo.

And they were wearing shorts and a tshirts. In October.

'twas a different story in 2009. Taken on closing day.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Oct. 7, 2012, 10:28 p.m.

did I miss anything this year?

1 day, least since I first rode it in '03.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Oct. 8, 2012, 12:04 p.m.

Thank You to the trail crew this season! It was incredible all year, and here we are on the last weekend and the boys were out filling holes and getting things patched for a smoother opening in 2013!

Closing weekend was so good up there! Tons of friends from all over the world charging hard, Dirt Merchant and B Line were the best they've ever been (NEW hits as well!), and if you weren't out shredding, you were watching Rampage at the GLC!

Thank's again for the trails, the work, and for continually building on the best place in the world.

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Oct. 8, 2012, 7:32 p.m.

agreed!
one of the best days i've had all year todya. so sick

Oct. 8, 2012, 9:04 p.m.

great season indeed

Oct. 8, 2012, 9:38 p.m.

Thank You to the trail crew this season! It was incredible all year, and here we are on the last weekend and the boys were out filling holes and getting things patched for a smoother opening in 2013!

Closing weekend was so good up there! Tons of friends from all over the world charging hard, Dirt Merchant and B Line were the best they've ever been (NEW hits as well!), and if you weren't out shredding, you were watching Rampage at the GLC!

Thank's again for the trails, the work, and for continually building on the best place in the world.

Well said!

I had a f'in great year. Finally getting my groove back after eating lots of shit the previous year.

Can't wait for 2013!

Oct. 8, 2012, 11:44 p.m.

Goodbye bike park for 2012. Most days in the park (including yesterday) I've ever had. A few jumps on Dirt Merchant surprised me. First time I'd hit it since the changes. Still don't know what's up with the random pieces of clothing hanging from trees on upper Angry Pirate. Like has been mentioned, good to see the trail crew maintaining until the end. Now bring on the snow.

Thread killer