2012 Conditions... (Whistler Bike Park)

Sept. 25, 2012, 8:13 a.m.

i talked to some guys on the chair saying the samr thing.
last weekend for a lot of people maybe???

dead quiet yesterday, still dusty as fuck though

Sept. 25, 2012, 12:58 p.m.

There seems to be be tonnes more noobs on the hill this year. Especially up on Garbo. Seems that the signage that used to say expert riders only has gone allowing the masses to think they are good enough for up top. Ninja skillz required the other day when someone went down hard in front of me on black velvet, I nearly ran right over his head.

Sept. 25, 2012, 1:10 p.m.

Kinda freaked us out and took a couple of runs to shake off the jitters.

Seeing someone hurt like that takes it's toll on a person.
After ensuring our buddy was safe in the hospital last month, we tried to get a few more laps in but it just wasn't happening. Instead the rest of us hit up the GLC and talked over a few pints and nachos.

It took a week before I rode again, and a couple rides to get back into form.

Sept. 25, 2012, 4:32 p.m.

had a coworker get too enthusiastic on Bline last week, where there is two jumps in a row, with the hit on the right to make the first one bigger, he and his buddies haven't quite mastered jumping yet and his feet came off the pedals, got a little sideways and ending up mangling himself pretty good, 2 broken fingers on left hand, fractured right wrist and right elbow, plus 7 broken/crack ribs…the bike park can bite the beginner hard….I think it pays to progress naturally, not just jumping on a DH bike and heading to WBP….

mtbskierdad

Sept. 25, 2012, 6:03 p.m.

Saw a dude bite it hard on Canadian Open DH Sunday. Going too slow, didn't make the gap [HTML_REMOVED] disappeared in a cloud of dust. Hope he's okay. When you see people on rental bikes wearing jeans etc. you just shake your head [HTML_REMOVED] hope they don't get carried away (literally). I don't think they know what they're getting into.

Thread killer

Sept. 25, 2012, 7 p.m.

Seeing someone hurt like that takes it's toll on a person.
After ensuring our buddy was safe in the hospital last month, we tried to get a few more laps in but it just wasn't happening. Instead the rest of us hit up the GLC and talked over a few pints and nachos.

It took a week before I rode again, and a couple rides to get back into form.

That would be me that was hurt.

I'm still trying to get my mojo back after that crash.

Sept. 25, 2012, 7:46 p.m.

Still fairly dry [HTML_REMOVED] dusty Sunday in the bike park, but nothing that can't be dealt with. Watch for a small reroute on Lower Whistler DH. I'd like to see someone ride Renegade without dabbing a foot, especially in the wet. That's a pretty tight, tough trail. Good luck to the person who needed an ambulance around noon.

I'm pretty comfy on that trail now, I dunno about in the wet, heck I can't remember the last time I rode in the wet!

last week was like it was august again, hot and busy. Then today it's straight on the chair and the trails to yourself. Miss garbo though. day 95, tomorrow I will beat last year's number! Although I had a blast riding XC all day on monday might do that more as the temps drop

Oct. 1, 2012, 5:16 p.m.

the rain on Friday did not do much, the race course this weekend was loose, fast and drifty to say the least, lots of people up on the weekend but only 60 people raced, the rain today probably won't do much either as its supposed to be nice again for the rest of the week, get up here and shred tomorrow or Wednesday should be the best 2 days of the year…oh yeah, new dirt on Dirt Merchant, lower freight train, aline and bline, check out the Funshine Rollidrops-Smoke and Mirrors (easy route)-Bluezium-Wednesday night Delight-Afternoon delight-Lower Whistler DH for some, fast, pumpy technical goodness of a run….

mtbskierdad

Oct. 1, 2012, 5:43 p.m.

check out the Funshine Rollidrops-Smoke and Mirrors (easy route)-Bluezium-Wednesday night Delight-Afternoon delight-Lower Whistler DH for some, fast, pumpy technical goodness of a run….

One of my favorite lines on the hill! I never actually knew how to get to Smoke [HTML_REMOVED] Mirrors before the addition of Funshine Rollidrops.

Oct. 1, 2012, 6:13 p.m.

One of my favorite lines on the hill! I never actually knew how to get to Smoke [HTML_REMOVED] Mirrors before the addition of Funshine Rollidrops.

That includes Tech Noir, right? Or is there a third option I've missed?

Oct. 1, 2012, 8:29 p.m.

That includes Tech Noir, right? Or is there a third option I've missed?

does Tech Noir end up near the finish of Crack Addict? If it does that wasn't what we raced, we went right after the stump across the ski run into Lower Whistler DH which has some new lines….

mtbskierdad

Oct. 1, 2012, 9:01 p.m.

Tech Noir is that super quick two hit'er that ends with the decent rock face that spits you out beside HOD.

The other way spits you out to the final rock roll of Rock City, n'est pas?

The map is pretty nebulous.. I just remember that there used to be a sign pointing to the right that said Rock City.

I just want to make sure there wasn't a third choice I've always missed as that's a pretty fun little part of the hill.

Oct. 2, 2012, 3:22 p.m.

Tech Noir is that super quick two hit'er that ends with the decent rock face that spits you out beside HOD.

The other way spits you out to the final rock roll of Rock City, n'est pas?

The map is pretty nebulous.. I just remember that there used to be a sign pointing to the right that said Rock City.

I just want to make sure there wasn't a third choice I've always missed as that's a pretty fun little part of the hill.

we skipped the rock roll of DRC, and went down the old Lower Whistler DH, steep hard corners until the dusty berm on HOD before you go under the lifts…

mtbskierdad

Oct. 2, 2012, 7:56 p.m.

we skipped the rock roll of DRC, and went down the old Lower Whistler DH, steep hard corners until the dusty berm on HOD before you go under the lifts…

You know, it all just clicked on me.. I know exactly what you mean now. I guess I'm spatially retarded. When I've done Afternoon Delight and go right, only DRC exists. When I'm doing WDH, the prospect of turning right and hitting the DRC rock roll has never crossed my mind.

Oct. 2, 2012, 9:17 p.m.

Perhaps you missed it because that part of WDH can be fast. You just pop into DRC with a right turn.

Thread killer