2012 Conditions... (Whistler Bike Park)

Aug. 6, 2012, 9:43 a.m.

We saw the trail crew working on some berms out of the trees under the chair next to B-Line last week. Looked fun.

Funshine rolly drops, been open a couple days now. Doing that into smoke n mirrors and bluezium makes for a sweet mellower tech lap.

Aug. 6, 2012, 3:36 p.m.

Funshine rolly drops, been open a couple days now. Doing that into smoke n mirrors and bluezium makes for a sweet mellower tech lap.

Cool, where is the entrance off B-Line?

Aug. 6, 2012, 4:13 p.m.

just past ninja cougar, where is taht little hip/double track crossing.
you can miss all the skids into the corner…

Aug. 6, 2012, 4:27 p.m.

Ah cool, I hate that corner after the hip and crossing :lol:

Aug. 9, 2012, 7:55 p.m.

After the last couple of nights of rain the trails are money right now!!
I was riding the jump trails today and it was mint!
Get them before they become blown out from the Crankworx crowds and racing.

Aug. 10, 2012, 10:03 p.m.

Fresh dirt on some of the trails that are getting raced on. Crank it up has a lot less breaking bumps at the top.

In Garbo, the trail crew opened up the new Black Velvet extension which connects to Super Fantastic on the ski run and winds its way down to where BLine, CIU, Schleyer are etc. pretty soft still, but will firm up.

Good turnout for the Fat Tire Crit tonight and crazy busy in the village the past few days it lift lines have been decent. Lots of activity on the mountain tomorrow, so keep your head up for trail closures (Enduro, Garbo DH training). Best of luck to those participating.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Aug. 10, 2012, 10:29 p.m.

Fresh dirt on some of the trails that are getting raced on. Crank it up has a lot less breaking bumps at the top.

In Garbo, the trail crew opened up the new Black Velvet extension which connects to Super Fantastic on the ski run and winds its way down to where BLine, CIU, Schleyer are etc. pretty soft still, but will firm up.

Good turnout for the Fat Tire Crit tonight and crazy busy in the village the past few days it lift lines have been decent. Lots of activity on the mountain tomorrow, so keep your head up for trail closures (Enduro, Garbo DH training). Best of luck to those participating.

Any idea who won the Fat Tire Crit? My google skillz could find nothing.

Aug. 11, 2012, 7:16 a.m.

Any idea who won the Fat Tire Crit? My google skillz could find nothing.

carl decker crushed it, won by almost half a lap

Aug. 11, 2012, 4:47 p.m.

Lineups aren't too bad. Walked right on the Fitz at 1:30pm. Watch for a small reroute on Devil's Club. Garbo's good, but lower park very hot [HTML_REMOVED] dry.

Thread killer

Aug. 14, 2012, 2:50 p.m.

What are line-ups like now that Crankworx is in full swing?

Aug. 14, 2012, 3:12 p.m.

GF and I rode all sunday aft/eve and hardly waited in line at all…It was jam packed this morning, but everyone was headed up to the whip off worlds

Aug. 14, 2012, 5:32 p.m.

Lineups after Whipoff weren't too bad. Getting dusty again.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Aug. 14, 2012, 8:41 p.m.

Monday was busy for early week I thought. In general, whistler seems like it's as busy as a normal weekend, but it's mid-week.

Aug. 14, 2012, 11:34 p.m.

5-10 minute line tops.

Aug. 21, 2012, 8:34 a.m.

Dry and hot. Top of the World is cool for the first bit. I'm sure there are plans to make it more of a trail for the rest of it. Awesome to be on the peak with your bike (legally;) )

Top of the World has had an additional two sections added onto it. If you rode it in the first week, you got ripped off. So much singletrack now. Mostly road after Khyber, but pretty fun up to that point.

www.letsridebikes.ca