2012 Conditions... (Whistler Bike Park)

June 4, 2012, 4:20 p.m.

Dirt Merchant opened yesterday afternoon. Needs to dry out and harden up. Great weekend for riding in the park with some sun, clouds and hail.

Yeah, she was a little soft, but it was awesome that Rutabega was open again!

Also, Del Boca Vista is a fun rip.

-KT

"Jesus Christ, This should be an event motherfcker, Chinese downhill fcking slalom" - DO'D on the Crankworx berm busting session on the slalom course

June 4, 2012, 7:47 p.m.

Dirty was closed today, all day. Alas.

Did Golden-Triangle(?) because she was closed.. had no idea she existed. Meets up with lower Duffman. Some fun wallrides.

Anyhoo, riding bikes is fun. Riding up to the lift tray is funner.

June 6, 2012, 6:16 p.m.

Anyone think this thread should be split into 2? One for the bike park and one for the rest of the valley trails?

There are trails other than the bike park?

June 6, 2012, 6:59 p.m.

There are trails other than the bike park?

Nope. See you on A-Line.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

June 8, 2012, 2:13 p.m.

Park was slippery as a skating rink yesterday, but so much fun… Those roots (and 90% of the wooden bridges) kept the quick twixt muscle response on its game.

"I'm addicted to surfing."

June 11, 2012, 4:19 p.m.

Website says Garbo chair starts running on the 19th. Anyone able to confirm the state of affairs up top?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 11, 2012, 4:24 p.m.

Website says Garbo chair starts running on the 19th. Anyone able to confirm the state of affairs up top?

I dunno, looking at it from Foreplay saturday it seemed pretty snowy up there…guess they'll probably have muddy melty snowy gross excavatedness up there….personally I'll probably pass in favour of non-sopping wet trails, but I'm picky that way, especially when other trails are in awesome condition.

June 11, 2012, 6:37 p.m.

hey bud is nearly clear of snow, but quite muddy. if we get the forecast rain than it will soupy. i would find other places to ride for a bit i think til it dries out.

bike park was rad this afternoon. lots of new work in places that needed it. all the tech stuff is now nice and dry and almost everything is open lower mountain. good fucking times!

June 11, 2012, 11:16 p.m.

I was talking to a guy running the excavater on crank It up today and he said the trail crew is shooting for the July 1st weekend but right now the snow is still about 6ft deep and they had a cat up there trying to clear stuff and a back hoe this afternoon. He said even for the July 1st weekend they may only have blue velvet open

June 12, 2012, 7:26 p.m.

I was talking to a guy running the excavater on crank It up today and he said the trail crew is shooting for the July 1st weekend but right now the snow is still about 6ft deep and they had a cat up there trying to clear stuff and a back hoe this afternoon. He said even for the July 1st weekend they may only have blue velvet open

Sorry I missed ya today m'man… I'm shootin for a late morning start tomorrow. Will text you once I get my ETA in the morning :rocker:

DS

"I'm addicted to surfing."

June 14, 2012, 9:10 a.m.

Dear Phat Wednesday,

FUCK YOU!

With love - Thursday morning

ps. Congrats to Flip for his 3rd place in the old ballz category

June 14, 2012, 9:25 a.m.

Dear Phat Wednesday,

FUCK YOU!

With love - Thursday morning

ps. Congrats to Flip for his 3rd place in the old ballz category

I hear that, foggy head and bus to village to get car was painful! thanks on the congrats, but I cheated with a chain and still got smoked by big mat chainless!

June 20, 2012, 10:39 a.m.

Anyone think this thread should be split into 2? One for the bike park and one for the rest of the valley trails?

Just split it.

One for WBP, the other for the trails not in the park.

June 20, 2012, 10:50 a.m.

sissies

June 20, 2012, 10:56 a.m.

sissies

Don't be bitter just because you were out voted 5 to 1.