2012 Conditions... (Whistler Bike Park)

April 23, 2012, 10:39 a.m.

buddies new trail ampm is open in Function…head up the fsr on the way to tunnel vision out of the interpretive forest parking lot, look for it on the right just before the water reservoir….still tonnes of snow in the woods above that….

April 23, 2012, 11:03 a.m.

How's the DSF on Train Wreck? For whatever reason, spring thaw and TW always had me hittin' piles of pooch goo. Never fun.

[Note: "DSF" = Dog Sh*t Factor]

Didn't notice any poop. But there seems to have been an explosion in camp fires! There were several from the train wreck coming back towards Function. There was one fire placement that was verging on being in the middle of the trail!

The poop factor is very high on Old Millar's Creek Road.

April 23, 2012, 11:05 a.m.

buddies new trail ampm is open in Function…head up the fsr on the way to tunnel vision out of the interpretive forest parking lot, look for it on the right just before the water reservoir….still tonnes of snow in the woods above that….

I'm guessing that because you're posting this info that the trail is open to be ridden? Even in the wet?

April 23, 2012, 11:13 a.m.

I'm guessing that because you're posting this info that the trail is open to be ridden? Even in the wet?

we hiked it yesterday, it's not that wet….just one section at the bottom that's going have a full re-route…go hit it up….there's a few tweaks to come as it isn't perfect, but it's a fun little rip

April 23, 2012, 12:16 p.m.

Didn't notice any poop. But there seems to have been an explosion in camp fires! There were several from the train wreck coming back towards Function. There was one fire placement that was verging on being in the middle of the trail!

The poop factor is very high on Old Millar's Creek Road.

Thanks for the heads up on Millars.

Camp fires, eh? I'm trying to figure out when these could have possibly been set - I mean, it's not as though it's been spring weather for months and people are hanging in the woods! Then again, I used to know of MANY squatters who hung in that vicinity over the winter months. SO it goes - living the dream as they often say 'round these parts.

"I'm addicted to surfing."

April 25, 2012, 7:55 p.m.

Shalemaster waiting to thaw out [HTML_REMOVED] be conquered.

Thread killer

April 25, 2012, 9:18 p.m.

Thanks for the heads up on Millars.

Camp fires, eh? I'm trying to figure out when these could have possibly been set - I mean, it's not as though it's been spring weather for months and people are hanging in the woods! Then again, I used to know of MANY squatters who hung in that vicinity over the winter months. SO it goes - living the dream as they often say 'round these parts.

That explains the poop too.

April 27, 2012, 1:05 p.m.

but it's a fun little rip

Indeed it is. Even better once it dries up a touch.

April 27, 2012, 4:17 p.m.

That explains the poop too.

As gross as it may be, there were squatters in those train cars around 2000 give or take. And my friend riding in front of me on TW hit a pile. I mean, it's pretty bad when it's dog shit - it's a downer, but you carry on…builds character.

This wasn't dog variety. He almost started tossin' his guts. FWIW, we hit the river and he washed pretty well everything off his face/etc. Pretty gross.

April 28, 2012, 5:43 p.m.

Just rode kill me thrill me, not at all what I was expecting.

Has anyone actually rode the whole thing? Granted, I was on a 6 " AM bike, but it seemed to me that several of the rocky/ rooted up hills are pretty much impossible to stay on the bike for.

April 28, 2012, 5:58 p.m.

Zappas are clear.
Although, the gravel trails and roads in Lost Lake Park are still largely covered in snow.

April 28, 2012, 9:25 p.m.

Has anyone actually rode the whole thing? Granted, I was on a 6 " AM bike, but it seemed to me that several of the rocky/ rooted up hills are pretty much impossible to stay on the bike for.

KMTM is clear of snow? Its got some tough climbs…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

April 28, 2012, 10:12 p.m.

Sounds like he Might have ridden it in reverse!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 29, 2012, 4:46 p.m.

Did ya start at the Cougar Mtn entrance and end well north on the highway? (Runs parallel to the hwy, more or less, with the hwy always being on yer right, trail direction 'N').

Could be the run off has exposed a lot of the gnar in the dirt. Haven't ridden it yet this year, but ya, it's got some choppy, grueling grind-ups on it.

Peace,
DS

April 29, 2012, 4:49 p.m.

Sounds like he Might have ridden it in reverse!

that would suck…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter