2010 boxer world cup best set up for whistler?

April 9, 2013, 6:46 p.m.

Hey Guys,
I just got a boxxer world cup and I am wondering what other riders are running at whistler specifically? How many clicks of compression, rebound etc. Please let me know as I am trying to get really good small bump sensitivity with it. This would just be a base line for me to help me set up my fork :). I am 165-170 pund rider if that helps anyone.

April 9, 2013, 7:03 p.m.

You almost have to sort that one out for yourself, since suspension setup is specific to riding style as well as weight. Just change the adjustments a little after your first run, or halfway down. If you like jumps then go with slightly more damping. If you like pinning the tech stuff less damping. As for compression, it's recommended that you sag 30% into your travel.

:bandit:
10 ?

April 9, 2013, 8:33 p.m.

set the air spring for your weight using the markings on stantion

high speed compression 2 clicks in from full out leave this here for a few runs

low speed compression 5 clicks in, after one run, if it feels rough over braking bumps 1 click out until it feels smooth

high speed rebound, 2 clicks in

low speed rebound 10 clicks in, also after runs, tunr in back out if it feels harsh

lots of adjustments mean lots to play with, go the extremes in each adjustment to see what they all do so you understand what they all mean to riding, experiment

Rockshox has baseline tunes on the website as well.

mtbskierdad

April 9, 2013, 9:28 p.m.

Study rebuild videos. This fork lasts a max of 6 days of park riding. I had to get it rebuilt 2 times in a month and peaced out. If you like to work on your bike constantly then the weight savings are great.

April 10, 2013, 6:25 a.m.

2010 WC Boxxer setup for whistler?? 'Sold' would be the ideal setup choice.

April 10, 2013, 9:03 a.m.

Study rebuild videos. This fork lasts a max of 6 days of park riding. I had to get it rebuilt 2 times in a month and peaced out. If you like to work on your bike constantly then the weight savings are great.

People forget if you ride flat out at a place like WBP, 6 full days @ WBP is more like 200+ days for your shocks on most natural terrain trails (like the N Shore).

If you're talking like 15 runs a day, then its 90 runs. The tech features of the bike park are much, much more magnified and compressed into a smaller space than most natural terrain trails. Think of A-line, or Dirt Merchant. You can probably add at very least a factor of 3 or 4 in terms of abuse. So we are talking conservatively at very least least a couple of hundred runs (and probably a lot more) of natural terrain trail riding.

April 10, 2013, 9:10 a.m.

People forget if you ride flat out at a place like WBP, 6 full days @ WBP is more like 200+ days for your shocks on most natural terrain trails (like the N Shore).

If you're talking like 15 runs a day, then its 90 runs. The tech features of the bike park are much, much more magnified and compressed into a smaller space than most natural terrain trails. Think of A-line, or Dirt Merchant. You can probably add at very least a factor of 3 or 4 in terms of abuse. So we are talking conservatively at very least least a couple of hundred runs (and probably a lot more) of natural terrain trail riding.

I reckon more like rebuild every two days, not every six.

Or buy a 888.

April 10, 2013, 9:13 a.m.

You don't need a rebuild, it is more of a drop the lowers drain and refill oil and regrease seals and slap it back together. The oil in the damper etc. isn't going to need to be replaced that quickly. So, you are talking a 15 minute job every few days in the park. My Totem was exactly the same.

April 10, 2013, 11:38 a.m.

You don't need a rebuild, it is more of a drop the lowers drain and refill oil and regrease seals and slap it back together. The oil in the damper etc. isn't going to need to be replaced that quickly. So, you are talking a 15 minute job every few days in the park. My Totem was exactly the same.

This^

April 10, 2013, noon

This^

*3. However, it has to be said that even a perfectly maintained and freshly serviced 2010 Boxxer World Cup is not going to be the pinnacle of small bump sensitivity.

April 10, 2013, 4:02 p.m.

^that

April 14, 2013, 1:28 p.m.

Awesome Thanks guys!! I realize that the boxxer is not the pinnicle of small bump sensitivity and I am willing to work on the fork, just curious as to the settings other people are running, then I have a baseline then I tune it to my liking from there.

Thank again.

April 15, 2013, 10:58 p.m.

*3. However, it has to be said that even a perfectly maintained and freshly serviced 2010 Boxxer World Cup is not going to be the pinnacle of small bump sensitivity.

If you are riding fast enough, it will be supple enough. My Totem sucked and the Boxxer feels the same just toodling around, but balls out they handle everything.

May 12, 2013, 4:08 a.m.

I run my 2011 WC pretty stiff but it works well at speed and does not dive in corners. That being said breaking bumps suck ass on my hands. I weigh in at 195 geared up though. 80 psi, LS Comp 6 in, HS Comp 5 in, LS Rbd 15in, and HS Rbd 15 in.

May 12, 2013, 4:43 a.m.

2010 WC Boxxer setup for whistler?? 'Sold' would be the ideal setup choice.

this.