100 day countdown

April 20, 2011, 8:42 a.m.

We're down to 30 days. Hopefully spring is going to make an appearance this week. Fingers crossed.

April 20, 2011, 10:09 a.m.

We're down to 30 days. Hopefully spring is going to make an appearance this week. Fingers crossed.

Spring has sprung! Only supposed to snow 3 of the next 5 days…and the high has crept above freezing!

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/forecast/index.htm

sigh.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

April 20, 2011, 10:12 a.m.

cruised by the riverside trails in function after work to check on melt progress……yeah, we're still at least a couple weeks away at this rate……apparently someone has dug out the big set of jumps at the village river jumps, and also ESP off cut yer bars, but that's about it. Ryan Bowland will be in the river jumps with a machine starting next week

April 22, 2011, 1:22 a.m.

cruised by the riverside trails in function after work to check on melt progress……yeah, we're still at least a couple weeks away at this rate……apparently someone has dug out the big set of jumps at the village river jumps, and also ESP off cut yer bars, but that's about it. Ryan Bowland will be in the river jumps with a machine starting next week

I have been watching the forecast and it looks promising. highs of 12's 14's coming whistlers way

WhistlerActionCams.com

April 23, 2011, 6:43 p.m.

Ski'd to the top of the Bike Park today. There is a ton of snow up there… If they want to open by May 20, they are going to be digging it out.

April 24, 2011, 8:31 a.m.

Almost there…

Where's your gaw dam helmet!!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 27, 2011, 5:22 p.m.

snowing pretty hard in the valley right night, enough is enough

April 28, 2011, 7:28 a.m.

snowing pretty hard in the valley right night, enough is enough

Changed your tune I see…

April 28, 2011, 7:39 a.m.

Changed your tune I see…

it is almost may

May 1, 2011, 6:25 p.m.

I curious to hear how much snow there is as we speak in the woods in the garbo zone…anyone has any idea ?

Im sure opening day will be very muddy and I dont think they'll be too many open trails but Im most concern about C-worx being earlier this year.I wonder how bad the snow situation is up top for the garbo DH…Long ways to go I know, but I remember super late opening for garbo, like almost mid-july and yet I dont recall a a winter as bas asthe one we've had this year…Seems like they could have their work cut out for them to have the course ready on time.

May 1, 2011, 7:57 p.m.

^ Lots.

If Garbo is opened at all close to the time it was opened last year (which was too early in the first place), it will just get insta-shit-kicked.

I remember going up Garbo first weekend it was open and basically sliding down in 8 inches of mud.

May 1, 2011, 8:03 p.m.

The official WB snow report measures depth pretty much at the top of the Garbo chair (actually a little downhill near Chic Pea) so you can get a relatively good idea from that. Still over 3m I'm sure, and the forecast is calling for single digit temperatures in the valley all week…spring will show up in Whistler sometime soon I hope

May 1, 2011, 8:26 p.m.

^ Lots.

If Garbo is opened at all close to the time it was opened last year (which was too early in the first place), it will just get insta-shit-kicked.

I remember going up Garbo first weekend it was open and basically sliding down in 8 inches of mud.

^^^this^^^

i did 1 run up Garbo opening weekend and that was enuf.. as stated above, it was basicly a horror show..

on a side note i was in Whistler this weekend (emergency family trouble, ie had to rescue my drunken daughter) and it felt totaly alien to be up there sans bike and be surrounded by snow n boarders/skiers… EWWWWWW:dizzy:

bike park cant happen soon enuf…

May 1, 2011, 10:28 p.m.

on a side note i was in Whistler this weekend (emergency family trouble, ie had to rescue my drunken daughter)

Is Gooch ok?

May 2, 2011, 11:40 a.m.

The official WB snow report measures depth pretty much at the top of the Garbo chair (actually a little downhill near Chic Pea) so you can get a relatively good idea from that. Still over 3m I'm sure, and the forecast is calling for single digit temperatures in the valley all week…spring will show up in Whistler sometime soon I hope

yeah , but would that be total accumulation under the trees ( where WE ride ) or actual snow base on groom trails ? ( honest question here, I know very little about ski season obviously )