woodlot questions

Feb. 23, 2010, 9:05 p.m.

Quads did a fair bit of damage mistakenly going down cabin and then having to winch back up once they hit the first bridge on the trail. The corner just before the first bridge was literally destroyed and is barely rideable compared to what it used to be.

Have a look at this video that documents the two quads that did the damage. Make sure you view at least until 2:18. It shows the damage.

Probably and honest mistake but it's crazy what only two quads can do to a mint trail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_L91CK7ChA

Looks like they have been at it again, there was semi-fresh tracks when I was up there yesterday :(

You up for a little trail maintenance Dean?

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Feb. 23, 2010, 9:37 p.m.

Holy shit… now that's aggravating…

Motos I can kinda be ok with, they at least keep things single track, even if it turns into a foot deep ditch. Quads just make me shake my head.

Check my stuff for sale!

Feb. 23, 2010, 9:54 p.m.

Looks like they have been at it again, there was semi-fresh tracks when I was up there yesterday :(

You up for a little trail maintenance Dean?

I am always up for some maintenance.

Just send me a PM.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Feb. 23, 2010, 9:58 p.m.

Bloody idiots! Why must they go there with all the other spots they could go? Surely these goofs know where they are. The claims of not knowing are bogus.

Thread killer

Feb. 23, 2010, 10:04 p.m.

holy F what a couple of retards. how can you not know it's a mtnbike trail? i grant you the start is fairly wide but it gets narrow pdq.

maybe it's time for some signage, like they have on vedder.

Feb. 24, 2010, 9:50 a.m.

holy F what a couple of retards. how can you not know it's a mtnbike trail? i grant you the start is fairly wide but it gets narrow pdq.

maybe it's time for some signage, like they have on vedder.

Even with the signs on Vedder the quads have still been on the trail recently.

GO HUCK YOUR SELF!

Feb. 24, 2010, 10:19 a.m.

Anyone wanna dig a big wall at the new entrance they made? If we get a bunch of guys and dig the hill into a wall and use the extra dirt as a ditch that might stop them.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Feb. 24, 2010, 9:15 p.m.

How about speed control fencing that will only allow a bike thru? The kind like they have just before the Old Buck parking lot.

Thread killer

Feb. 25, 2010, 2:56 p.m.

How about speed control fencing that will only allow a bike thru? The kind like they have just before the Old Buck parking lot.

I like that idea. At the trail head of Goldmine/Cabin Trail that might just work. I'll have a look next time I am up there to see if a chicane can be constructed to keep out quads and motos.

A sign stating its a mountain bike and hiking trail would also help.

The entrance to the trail is right on a logging skidder trail that is used by motos and quads so I can see how they could mistakenly go down the trail if they are not familiar with the area.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Feb. 25, 2010, 3:11 p.m.

I like that idea. At the trail head of Goldmine/Cabin Trail that might just work. I'll have a look next time I am up there to see if a chicane can be constructed to keep out quads and motos.

A sign stating its a mountain bike and hiking trail would also help.

The entrance to the trail is right on a logging skidder trail that is used by motos and quads so I can see how they could mistakenly go down the trail if they are not familiar with the area.

The trail head area is SO BIG that it does look a little like a quad trail, perhaps some debris placed in this area would discourage other motos/quads?

Dean is this one of the trails you regularly maintian or is it "owned" by someone else?

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Feb. 25, 2010, 5:14 p.m.

To be on a trail mistakenly is one thing, but time [HTML_REMOVED] again these quad riders seem to have an attitude problem when a mtn. biker talks to them about it. More than a few times mtn. bike riders have made comments here on nsmb about bad encounters with quadsters at the Woodie.

Thread killer