What's the plan.....

Nov. 5, 2013, 1:04 p.m.

with Baden-Powell west of Old Buck? The first tough-ish rock climb west of the bridge is widened and mushy, and there's 2 of those bobcat diggers poised for….something. Anyone know what's in the works? I just really don't want it turned into a sidewalk, like the upper Lynn Loop - takes away any "wild" or "natural" trail feel makes it look all the same, and less challenging. How about just a bit more drainage and toss a few rocks to the side? A more sustainable trail built by hand would be much more enjoyable, and plenty of volunteers show up if asked. Is it possible to adopt a piece of the BP? Don't know who the landowners are for that stretch.

Nov. 5, 2013, 1:41 p.m.

BC Parks. Shoot em an email. I'd imagine that the work will end at the parks boundary sign.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 5, 2013, 1:50 p.m.

Its not a mountain bike trail, it is multi use, the single track is where to get your groove on, not the main trails that are for dog walkers, runner, baby joggers etc…you could always drop into the forest to bypass the gravel sections to make it interesting. :)

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Nov. 5, 2013, 3 p.m.

Just found this:

http://nsmba.ca/content/2013-10_bc-parks-begins-work-old-buck-baden-powell-seymour

The re-routing of Ol' Buck sounds good. As a rider and runner, though, I don't enjoy machine groomed gravel sidewalks to access the singletrack, the ups should be enjoyable too!

Nov. 6, 2013, 1:40 p.m.

cool, the winding re-routes sound interesting. And I'm liking the one-sided railings on the redecked bridges.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 7, 2013, 12:59 p.m.

You would have loved OB before they gravelled it.

It was easier to climb before the gravel.

Good to see the east side of Bridle finally getting some love.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells