West Vancouver Riders

April 3, 2003, 6:13 p.m.

West Vancouver is revising their Official Community Plan (OCP).

see;
WV OCP
to view the full draft plan.

Note particularly the Upper Lands plan at 1200meters. This is British Properties Land.

This area involves a lot of our biking trails. West Van is having some meetings and an open house at the Gleneagles rec. center April 10th, 5-9pm- round table discussion on Upper Lands and the Environmental Policy areas starting at 7pm. We need to have as many WV people there as possible. Tell your MTB'ing friends who want to continue to ride on Cypress and live in West Vancouver to come out and have your say. If you don't speak now, we may loose all the lower trails on Cypress.

It's up to the West Van riders. Non- West Van residents need not attend…

Thanks!
Sharon.
NSMBA

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

April 4, 2003, 1:59 p.m.

Sharon,

Thank you for the news. It would suck to lose lower Cypress. Any chance you could relink the WVOCP thing.

Thank you
Jeremy

www.launchmtb.com

April 4, 2003, 4:08 p.m.

My mom is on the birtish Properties board of directors, she is against the house line going above 1200 feet, she would have some say in thing hopefully. OVERFLOW MIGHT BE NO MORE :cry:

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

April 4, 2003, 6:18 p.m.

Originally posted by jeremy
**Sharon,

Thank you for the news. It would suck to lose lower Cypress. Any chance you could relink the WVOCP thing.

Thank you
Jeremy **

it worked for me…

here's one specific to the upper lands -
http://www.westvancouver.net/article.asp?a=2554[HTML_REMOVED]c=679

Shor whor- get her on it!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

April 4, 2003, 8 p.m.

SHe is on it, she is strongly against it, she is getting as many people on our street to sign a petition as she can because we live on the one of the highest streets that go across the properties so we could potentially have slightly more say. hope this building up to the 1400 foot line building doesn't go down and the trails and forest stay for good. Have any of you ridden stupid grouse, it used to rip but now halfway through you get to a road and a load of new houses and the trail becomes a dog walking trail and it is no more fun :(

April 4, 2003, 8:26 p.m.

Originally posted by shor3 whor3
halfway through you get to a road and a load of new houses and the trail becomes a dog walking trail and it is no more fun :(

that part is fun to skid out the corners in protest :lol:

and yes i know, its probably not the best thing to be doing.

can't get enough of that sodium benzoate…

April 4, 2003, 9:01 p.m.

I like to use that trail to practise DHing but now it is a little riskey being easy to gind and being smack in the middle of a residential area now and I have had a dog attack me, I even stopped well before the dog and walked my bike by. and I ahve alomost been hit by a car almost (it was my fault i will admit) but it was a super fun trail when it went from second switchback to top of 21's without all the stairs and houses:(

April 6, 2003, 5:29 p.m.

Haha stupid grouse I rode that waay back in the day.

My first shore ride… tear

Losing trees sucks balls, hope it works out.

April 8, 2003, 2:23 p.m.

I won't be attending as I live in Burnaby, but someone that does live there should probably try to get a few lbs owners out there to point out that this could lead to the closure of their businesses and loss of jobs.

No where to ride = no need for bike shops or employees.