Want your chainsaw certification?

April 30, 2007, 10:26 p.m.

A couple friends and I want to get certified and are getting a course together. We need a minimum of 6 people and we're short 2. The cost is going to be $90 for a 4 hour course, and will be happening in North Van on a Saturday afternoon yet to be determined (Probably may 12 or 19th).

If you're interested pm me or email me at [email protected] and we can work something out.

Cheers,

Nelson

April 30, 2007, 11:09 p.m.

I'm in! I'll email you in the next couple of days. I'm unavailable until the 19th as far a Saturdays go.

May 1, 2007, 1:32 a.m.

This sounds dreamy……..

Who is offering the course and what is the level of certification?

I'm in if it is legit………… Who is the Land owner?

The fact that someone will certify you does not mean you have the right to cruise on in and take care of things. Contact your land owners to get authorization for motorized tools.

NSMBA comes to mind…………[email protected]

May 2, 2007, 2:39 p.m.

It's actually legit. its done through the Cat Rental Store in North Vancouver. They offer several rentals for various things. But they also offer proper training on equipment. They do give you a cert on the chainsaw. They actually bring in a guy from Edmonton to do the training. Heres the break down of the course:

Class room discussion of safety and related equipment tools, PPE, etc.

How to maintain the CS

How to replace a chain

How to inspect the saw and chain

fuel requirements

storage, etc

BC OH[HTML_REMOVED]S Regulations

Typical injuries and related understanding of the equipment risk

(First aid should be a requirement for all operators)

Cut procedures, logging, felling, trimming.

Hands on:

Chain removal and replacement

Chain sharpening

chain adjustment

inspection

PPE

starting procedures

brake check

Assess the tree, back cuts, end cuts and kick back causes.

3-4 hours long $90

this is a good opportunity for anyone to get the saw cert which is a great thing to have if you are building trails.let me or nelson know asap then we can book a date and then do it.

Ride more bitch less…Lifes to short not to go big gotta go big..

May 2, 2007, 4:21 p.m.

is it the full WCB certification?

son of a stromatolite !

May 2, 2007, 4:25 p.m.

Do we need to bring our own saw?

May 2, 2007, 5:09 p.m.

I dont know if it is a WCB cert. thats a very good question. reguarding equipment they will be supplying all the equipment needed for the day and of course fuel. If you are interested, pm me. I need two more people and we can do it.

May 7, 2007, 4:58 p.m.

When I was in Dreadmonton I took a chainsaw cert. course from a guy there for cutting up glaciers - the guy was good and the course was well worth it.

May 7, 2007, 11:20 p.m.

A couple friends and I want to get certified and are getting a course together. We need a minimum of 6 people and we're short 2. The cost is going to be $90 for a 4 hour course, and will be happening in North Van on a Saturday afternoon yet to be determined (Probably may 12 or 19th).

If you're interested pm me or email me at [email protected] and we can work something out.

Cheers,

Nelson

Our organization needs to get several of our members certified but we do require that the certification be WorkSafe BC legitimate. If you could find out if this certification meets WorkSafe's requirements, I could likely send at least 2 members for certification.

Mark Steinebach
Past-president
Treasurer, Vedder Mountain Trails Association

"Walk a mile in another man's shoes. Then, you'll be a mile away from him and have his shoes."

http://www.valleyvetservices.com
www.vmta.ca

May 11, 2007, 12:37 p.m.

Isnt the WCB course a fallers course? I remember one of my freinds telling me that he had to get WCB certified and all that involved was a guy just watching you work for about couple of hours

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 11, 2007, 5:22 p.m.

Man, B.C. has some pretty sissy rules. Down in the states, this is all the chainsaw certification you need.

May 11, 2007, 6:28 p.m.

Man, B.C. has some pretty sissy rules. Down in the states, this is all the chainsaw certification you need.

Im sure the families of the 56 people that died in the forestry industry in 2005 would disagree with you

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 18, 2007, 10:04 p.m.

Anyone maybe interested in getting there cert??

May 20, 2007, 9:04 a.m.

I'm interested, what are the dates?

Christian.

:denmark:

May 21, 2007, 11:19 p.m.

Anyone maybe interested in getting there cert??

As I noted earlier, VMTA is definitely interested. We do need to know if the certification course is WCB (worksafe BC) approved. If it is (you would likely just have to ask the company putting it on), we will be able to send 2-4 people depending on the cost. So, please get back to me with the following info:

• WCB/WorkSafe BC approved: Yes or No?

• Date, Time and Location

• Cost per person

• Can you accomodate up to 4 people?

I will await your reply.

Mark Steinebach
Treasurer,
Vedder Mountain Trails Association (VMTA)

"Walk a mile in another man's shoes. Then, you'll be a mile away from him and have his shoes."

http://www.valleyvetservices.com
www.vmta.ca