vandalism on Leppard

Nov. 9, 2015, 6:09 p.m.

how do you rebuild a rotten log ride?

Build a new one similar to the old one .

Nov. 9, 2015, 6:20 p.m.

Yes! Come on Peter, it'll only take 2 minutes! Maybe go without breakfast tomorrow and it'll be up by 10am!

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 9, 2015, 7:17 p.m.

Yes! Come on Peter, it'll only take 2 minutes! Maybe go without breakfast tomorrow and it'll be up by 10am!

Hey d bag , that's not what I was getting at . Keyboard Heros typing their lives away .
If you are even trying to suggest I don't respect , or support Pete and his efforts you are sadly mistaken , And illiterate to my original post.

Nov. 9, 2015, 7:46 p.m.

Maybe Peter can plant a cedar next to the trail and in about 30 years he can fall it directly perpenducular, lop off the top and there you go….a nice solid log ride!

Nov. 9, 2015, 8:20 p.m.

Hey d bag , that's not what I was getting at . Keyboard Heros typing their lives away .
If you are even trying to suggest I don't respect , or support Pete and his efforts you are sadly mistaken , And illiterate to my original post.

you and that other guy must be new to NSMB. and also to the internet?

maybe you can call us douche canoes too. that was funny.

Nov. 9, 2015, 9:10 p.m.

Maybe Peter can plant a cedar next to the trail and in about 30 years he can fall it directly perpenducular, lop off the top and there you go….a nice solid log ride!

Yeah, maybe even take some DNA from the old log and clone it like Dolly the sheep.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 9, 2015, 10:01 p.m.

you and that other guy must be new to NSMB. and also to the internet?

maybe you can call us douche canoes too. that was funny.

Douche Canoe is the vehicle to carry douche bags. not a direct adjective for a person .

but ya I guess i should have expected these typical reactions to peoples opinions .
At least now i know where all those kids that couldn't get along in school are.

Nov. 9, 2015, 11:34 p.m.

Night rode 7th and Leapord tonight…. Running better than it ever has in my experience . I wish people who don't slave away out in the woods working on trails in the pissing rain in their spare time for others to ride would seriously shut the F*** up and stop posting all this. With all the shit on this site its getting to the point where I don't even want to log in here much anymore for fear of some wanker who doesn't do any trail work spouting off about this or that . Be lucky people actually take care of this shit out there on our behalf otherwise we would have many more decommissioned trails . I don't do trail work myself therefore don't disrespect the people who do . I didn't build the dam trail or sign up to maintain it therefore have no say in how it's looked after and neither do any of you complainers .

Nov. 10, 2015, 12:19 a.m.

douche canoes .

Isn't that a trail on Cypress?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 10, 2015, 4:48 a.m.

I miss the log ride .
I always looked forward to it on the climb as well as the descent , it ( the log ride) Presented the type of challenge that interested me .
It's unfortunate that trails you grow up riding ( been pedalling Fromme since 91) have to change to the tune of losing features that seemed "iconic" " untouchable" even "unreal"
You mean you have a trail to ride with a bathtub on it ? …. Yup sure do , it's even slippery when wet .

Pete does great work . He works hard and selflessly gives his hard work to us, do I agree with all his decisions and choices ?
Nope ,
and I have shared that in person , more than once or twice . but that doesn't mean I have to be strung up by some faceless d bags on a forum .Pete has taken my input and opposing views well . And we still can have pleasant conversation after I voice my opinions .cause damn he loves to ski, bike and be rad outside .
( thanks for the offer Lee but it's not needed as Pete is available and around if someone was to seek the opportunity )
If I was up Fromme an hour earlier than Pete on a daily basis , maybe the log ride would still be there ( or rebuilt already) but I am not .

Cool on you for talking to him and no problem

Nov. 10, 2015, 7:24 a.m.

is a "log ride" not just a "fallen tree"? think about what you're saying here.

Nov. 10, 2015, 8:39 a.m.

is a "log ride" not just a "fallen tree"? think about what you're saying here.

The log ride that was there consisted of multiple pieces of fallen trees . Not just one fallen log .
I have thought about it . Two separate trees from what I can tell . Both larger ones would require a three man carry .

I am not here to argue semantics , I simply stated that I "missed" the old feature . That I have spoken to Pete , and that despite not agreeing with the decision he made . I support him overall and enjoy chatting with him.

Flip , it's great that you have the time , and or care enough to read my posts and respond . But do you remember the feature I am speaking of? Even now (in a few more pieces next to the trail ) it is apparent that it was more than just a fallen tree

Nov. 10, 2015, 11:57 a.m.

Rivs is right.

The log ride was fine the way it was. It was less rotten than most structures on the shore and was completely safe. If it wasn't I wouldn't ride it. The only risky thing about it was slipping off it in the wet. The ones who are saying otherwise don't know what log ride we're refering to. I too know Peter and have a great amount of respect for the man. He is however, not infalable and in this instance, he was dead wrong.

Nov. 10, 2015, 12:12 p.m.

i hope Pete cut it out just to spite you guys.

given the hours he put into the trail i think he can pretty much do whatever he wants. but hey, continue to slag the guy who has put the most hours into the shore of any active builder except for maybe digger.

Nov. 10, 2015, 12:34 p.m.

i hope Pete cut it out just to spite you guys.

given the hours he put into the trail i think he can pretty much do whatever he wants. but hey, continue to slag the guy who has put the most hours into the shore of any active builder except for maybe digger.

Peter wouldn't do that. You likely would.