Upper Dales rebuild

June 19, 2015, 2:26 p.m.

could we not just hack that up a bit to re-inject some flavor?

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 19, 2015, 11:04 p.m.

I just wish it was a fresh line instead of cannibalising the old one.

THIS

June 20, 2015, 7:11 a.m.

Haters gonna hate.

Wish I still rode mountain bikes. Seeing those pics makes me think, "There's a trail I'd like to ride!".

it's ok, even though you don't ride a mountain bike any more it looks as though the new work is road bike, tricycle and razor scooter friendly so you're good to go!

June 21, 2015, 4:35 p.m.

The people building look like they know what they are doing. Still think it's a bizarre location unless it's part of a bigger masterplan (bang out a couple of laps on this and then AA could be a goer I guess). Still plenty of gnarly stuff in the greater hairier though…

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 21, 2015, 5:12 p.m.

They'd need to cut a similar trail due south from the end of Upper Dales to SD / AA for it to make any sense.

This actually makes a ton of sense (assuming the terrain allows for a trail through that part of the mountain) - this must be their overall plan I am assuming? Otherwise, what would be the point of "dumbing down" the top of Dales only to send beginner/intermediate riders into the remainder of Dales, which is still rather challenging.

June 22, 2015, 8:59 p.m.

Lovely another sidewalk where a mountain bike trail was at one time.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

June 23, 2015, 12:24 p.m.

The people building look like they know what they are doing.

Yup the people doing it are some of the best in the industry http://joyridebikeparks.com/

however that doesn't change the fact that a perfectly good tech trail has once again been removed from the Shore. I'm glad we spent most of our time working lower down last year and only "wasted" one day working on the entrance (in prep. for further work)

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

June 23, 2015, 6:49 p.m.

Lovely another sidewalk where a mountain bike trail was at one time.

And think of the new initiates that go down this and think "new espresso" and then get hit with the steep rock faces lower down. Not wise in my books.

Another Old School Classic RIP. And like anything else, once it is gone, there is no getting it back.

June 25, 2015, 7:45 a.m.

Any news on the time frame to have the Upper Dales 2.0 open. Last time I rode Dales, I was tempted to hike up from the end of Upper Dales to have a look.

June 25, 2015, 10:13 a.m.

Any news on the time frame to have the Upper Dales 2.0 open. Last time I rode Dales, I was tempted to hike up from the end of Upper Dales to have a look.

You seriously want to ride a new dirt trail before it settles?

When will people learn that new trails need time to bed in before they are any where near good to ride.

This trail will be a dusty surf fest until after it gets some rain to set up.

Oh well, I'm sure the clueless masses feels its their right to ride whatever trail they want whenever they want and then bitch about it. :stupid::werd::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

June 25, 2015, 10:34 a.m.

You seriously want to ride a new dirt trail before it settles?

When will people learn that new trails need time to bed in before they are any where near good to ride.

This trail will be a dusty surf fest until after it gets some rain to set up.

Oh well, I'm sure the clueless masses feels its their right to ride whatever trail they want whenever they want and then bitch about it. :stupid::werd::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Park your holier than thou attitude. I didn't say I was going to ride it before it has settled or is open. I merely asked when it might open. I would suspect that the trail will not be opened up before this has occurred. So, oh wise and noble one, don't count me in your clueless masses.

Wait I need to add one more thing. :stupid::werd::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now I feel better.

June 25, 2015, 1:19 p.m.

Upper dales has been machined by Joy Ride.

See pictures here;
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.876434729059058[HTML_REMOVED]type=1

This trail will be popular! I highly recommend those who don't like North Shore Technical to turn left at the bottom and climb back to Incline to the New Severed Entrance to get to Forever After.

The signs say work will be done until July so the trail should be open sometime then. Please respect the workers and don't ride the trail until its ready!

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

June 25, 2015, 9:33 p.m.

Having looked at the Seymour map, that doesn't make sense to me:
"left at the bottom and climb back to Incline to the New Severed Entrance to get to Forever After."

Perhaps I'm missing something. I'll take a look again in the morning.

June 25, 2015, 11:51 p.m.

Having looked at the Seymour map, that doesn't make sense to me:
"left at the bottom and climb back to Incline to the New Severed Entrance to get to Forever After."

Perhaps I'm missing something. I'll take a look again in the morning.

Trailforks screen capture:

June 26, 2015, 9:57 a.m.

Perfect. Thanks.