Upper Dales rebuild

June 18, 2015, 2:24 p.m.

Those photos make it look like another Bobsled…..

Dales R.I.P….that looks shiiiit.I can see loads of new skool newbies getting way over their heads when they reach Lower Dales…

June 18, 2015, 2:33 p.m.

Dales R.I.P….that looks shiiiit.I can see loads of new skool newbies getting way over their heads when they reach Lower Dales…

Yes, but they have the option to climb back out on the Dales Connector. That does bring up an interesting point that perhaps a sign should be installed at the bottom of the Upper Dales section indicating that the connecting trail, Lower Dales, is a black diamond trail considerably more difficult than Upper Dales.

June 18, 2015, 2:40 p.m.

I don't think it should actually be called 'Dale's', pretty clear it's nothing like the original.

June 18, 2015, 3:40 p.m.

RIP Dales

June 18, 2015, 3:54 p.m.

I don't think it should actually be called 'Dale's', pretty clear it's nothing like the original.

Name Suggestions:
Anti Dale's
Aunty Dale's
D Line
Dale Jenner (too soon?)
The Trail Formerly Known As Dale's
This Is Not The Dale's You Are Looking For…

Have at 'er, this could be fun!

June 18, 2015, 4:25 p.m.

Name Suggestions:
Anti Dale's
Aunty Dale's
D Line
The Trail Formerly Known As Dale's
This Is Not The Dale's You Are Looking For…

Have at 'er, this could be fun!

Hahahahha!!!! Yes!!! By the sounds of this thread we should have a good turn out for the Fiver on Ned's tonight!! Gnar for y'all!!! EEEYYYYYYEEWWWWW!!!!! See you guys out there!

June 18, 2015, 4:36 p.m.

Yes, but they have the option to climb back out on the Dales Connector. That does bring up an interesting point that perhaps a sign should be installed at the bottom of the Upper Dales section indicating that the connecting trail, Lower Dales, is a black diamond trail considerably more difficult than Upper Dales.

Actually, the new line looks like it would a good smooth climb, so we can just climb straight back up Upper Dale's.

June 18, 2015, 5:13 p.m.

Actually, the new line looks like it would a good smooth climb, so we can just climb straight back up Upper Dale's.

A new smooth climb up Dales. Wow. Would never of thought that in the past. Sign O' the Times.

June 18, 2015, 5:49 p.m.

A new smooth climb up Dales. Wow. Would never of thought that in the past. Sign O' the Times.

Lol, maybe I'll change my opinion on the work done!

June 18, 2015, 6:22 p.m.

Haters gonna hate.

Wish I still rode mountain bikes. Seeing those pics makes me think, "There's a trail I'd like to ride!".

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 18, 2015, 8:13 p.m.

Complain as much as you want now but I doubt there will any moaning when a Fiver or any Enduro stage is run on the new section of trail.

Upper Dales- Asian Adonis.

Strava segment created within minutes of its opening.

June 18, 2015, 9:17 p.m.

Haters gonna hate.

Wish I still rode mountain bikes. Seeing those pics makes me think, "There's a trail I'd like to ride!".

Seeing those pics makes me wish we kept our traps shut 20 years ago.

The shore is dead.

Pastor of Muppets

June 18, 2015, 9:26 p.m.

Took a little walk down Dale's before I did my Ned's Fiver stage tonight. Obviously it is nothing like the old Dale's and that flavour of trail will certainly be missed. But the line they've put in looks pretty awesome. I just wish it was a fresh line instead of cannibalising the old one.

June 18, 2015, 10:15 p.m.

Seeing those pics makes me wish we kept our traps shut 20 years ago.

The shore is dead.

Maybe you need a hug .and maybe a puppy.
So i talked to people in "the know" tonight at the fiver, no need to worry blown out trail fans, they are only doing the very top. The rest is said to remain. Three Sheets you can call off the suicide watch

June 19, 2015, 12:21 a.m.

It'd have been nice for the energy to have been put into putting a climbing trail from the upper part of the Mushroom Trail over to Corkscrew so one didn't have to potentially get in the way of the Neds shuttlewhores. Seems weird to be able to climb all the way from the parking lot but not that final section. Oh well….the new trail looks fun but in a bizarre location. They'd need to cut a similar trail due south from the end of Upper Dales to SD / AA for it to make any sense.

treezz
wow you are a ass