upcoming changes to Salvation

April 20, 2016, 9:38 p.m.

just a heads up that in the coming weeks there's going to be some changes to the trail alignment on Salvation. last year a new entrance was cut into the trail that connects to the second log ride with the 7ft drop off the end. in order to accommodate riders who can't do the drop i had to change the height of the ladder leading to the teeter and do some other trail alignment work to make things flow a bit better. with the teeter getting back into action soon the b-line that goes under the teeter section has to be closed to prevent any possibility of a head-on collision between riders heading down the b-line and riders coming off the teeter.

in order to ride the b-line people will need to use a new entrance that is being cut in near the original entrance to the trail. signs will be put up and the current b-line will be blocked off. if riders still wish to use the alternate upper entrance they can do so, but they will only be able to ride the second log ride and the drop off the end if they use that entrance..

the revamped original entrance will have a couple new features that can be rolled or dropped and will be a nice way for newer riders to get comfortable with doing drops.

this is the section that will be closing:

i'll post up again when the changeover is going to be made.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 21, 2016, 11:07 a.m.

Nice work. Look forward to trying it out again. Is the teeter similar to the original version.

April 21, 2016, 11:09 a.m.

Great work, looking forward to seeing the new b-line as the drop is beyond my skillz.

April 21, 2016, 12:14 p.m.

Yeah that drop is a little above my abilities. I used to ride the log, but pop off earlier to the side.

April 22, 2016, 7:42 a.m.

Can't recall exact config on the log drop, but last time I rode past it, on the lower bypass route, the landing looked like it had been smoothed out. Height looked to be 3 to 4 feet, unless you had a bunch of speed to carry way down the transition.

Will have to look at it from up top to see if I could still drop it. Won't likely do the new skinny route as I would only fall off it and start the shredding of the new woodwork or break something on my bike. :???:

April 22, 2016, 8:17 a.m.

Can't recall exact config on the log drop, but last time I rode past it, on the lower bypass route, the landing looked like it had been smoothed out. Height looked to be 3 to 4 feet, unless you had a bunch of speed to carry way down the transition.

Will have to look at it from up top to see if I could still drop it. Won't likely do the new skinny route as I would only fall off it and start the shredding of the new woodwork or break something on my bike. :???:

the new b-line entrance won't have any skinnies on it.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer