Unauthorized Modifications to Lower Crippler

Nov. 30, 2014, 8 p.m.

If anyone knows anything about the modifications to the log ride at the bottom of Lower Crippler please PM me or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

I have the permit to the trail, and was therefore quite surprised when I discovered this butchering!

Cheers,

Andy

Nov. 30, 2014, 9:18 p.m.

Whoa , thats a mess . WTF
some kid and their dads saw? drunken monkey with coked up beavers?
thats really shitty

Nov. 30, 2014, 11:23 p.m.

What a mess. Definitely not quality work like the rest of the trail.

Thread killer

Dec. 1, 2014, 1:52 p.m.

i saw your sign about a week back. So more of that log has been planed? Maybe just lop the whole thing off.

if they're really desperate to work on LC, there is a bridge just uphill that could use some love

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 1, 2014, 3:15 p.m.

What a mess. Definitely not quality work like the rest of the trail.

:lol:

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Dec. 2, 2014, 2:05 p.m.

Last week I found someone with a hand saw on Severed, chopping off branches he thought gave riders a better view ahead. While I applaud the initiative, concerns on trails with a dedicated builder (adopted or permitted) should be left to the builder. Contact the NSMBA or post it on the trail conditions thread, don't start redesigning the trail. I've been trying to keep the trail a little closed in to reduce bike speed, but now it's a motorway the speed is going up. Severed started life as a hiking trail and still sees more foot traffic than bikes. I'm just thankful they haven't taken a chainsaw out as on Crippler. Please respect the trail builders.

Sustainable will be around forever.