trail sabotage. symore boggie man. 2014/ jan/20.

Jan. 21, 2014, 9:48 a.m.

I was riding alone at 3:00pm yesterday.
I found sharp and weird obstical at almost every log ride and skinnies…..
I removed all of them but it was super dangerous and felt so un happy about it.
Be careful guys!!! please dont get hurt!
[ATTACH]9661[/ATTACH]

Jan. 21, 2014, 9:59 a.m.

Wow, that's pretty blatant. I hope you guys catch whoever this guy is.

Jan. 21, 2014, 10:31 a.m.

Call the police. This is criminal behaviour and should be investigated. Moreover, it reveals the anti-MTB zealots for the idiots they really are. In the battle over public opinion and local government support, it can only help to have hard proof of anti-MTB fanatics looking like a minority of lunatics. It may even push some of the more extreme people to more moderate positions.
Better yet, maybe the police will fluke out and actually catch the person.

Jan. 21, 2014, 11:08 a.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2801916]Call the police. This is criminal behaviour and should be investigated. Moreover, it reveals the anti-MTB zealots for the idiots they really are. In the battle over public opinion and local government support, it can only help to have hard proof of anti-MTB fanatics looking like a minority of lunatics. It may even push some of the more extreme people to more moderate positions.
Better yet, maybe the police will fluke out and actually catch the person.[/QUOTE]

finger prints on the things?

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

Jan. 21, 2014, 11:29 a.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2801916]Call the police. This is criminal behaviour and should be investigated. Moreover, it reveals the anti-MTB zealots for the idiots they really are. In the battle over public opinion and local government support, it can only help to have hard proof of anti-MTB fanatics looking like a minority of lunatics. It may even push some of the more extreme people to more moderate positions.
Better yet, maybe the police will fluke out and actually catch the person.[/QUOTE]

Yes Please forward the pictures and other evidence to the police. This is definitely criminal behaviour that needs to be investigated. I can't tell if that's actually a carpet knife but this person could have killed someone, maybe even a child. The police will take this very seriously. Forwarding this to the media is a good one also.

Jan. 21, 2014, 11:50 a.m.

Wow, so glad I've never come across anything like that.
I think the idea of forwarding this info to the media, as well as police, is a great idea. Get a little public awareness out there and maybe another trail user will catch someone in the act!

Jan. 21, 2014, 11:55 a.m.

let's call police i will do that today guys-!
happy and safe riding guys -!

Jan. 21, 2014, 11:58 a.m.

let's call police i will do that today guys-!
happy and safe riding guys -!

thanks man. much appreciated.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

Jan. 21, 2014, 1:22 p.m.

so pathetic, like a few sticks are somehow gonna drive bikes off the hill :lol: . Thanks for removing them and reporting this. I'll do the same if I see stuff elsewhere.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 21, 2014, 5:42 p.m.

Even if the police are unable to find the person responsible, their involvement may at least send a message to the perp. It's also possible that the person will blab, and others will see the news, and the perp gets id'ed. That's the way many cases progress. In the case that anyone does get hurt, this also provides a history to the issue that investigators can potentially link together. Somebody reported some broken glass set up to cut people at the run-out of a slab on Cypress a few weeks ago. So this does start to potentially have the look of a real issue. Anyone know if Vandeman is vacationing on the North Shore?

Best thing you did was alert others so they can be aware, and thanks also for removing the hazards!

Jan. 21, 2014, 9:06 p.m.

jeeze what the hell? Good catch and also good idea guys on calling the cops.

Jan. 22, 2014, 5:45 a.m.

is that an automotive brake pad jammed in the bridge in the photo?

silly.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 22, 2014, 7:03 a.m.

Looks like something a 12 year old would do. Not all that sophisticated, by the looks of it.

Jan. 22, 2014, 7:47 a.m.

Seems a bit more like a joke than "sabotage" to me. I don't think a rider's going to miss seeing that thing and somehow crash onto it.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 22, 2014, 7:48 a.m.

maybe he wa trying to say these boards are too gree gree greasy to ride?