Trail Nazi Evidence/Discusstion

July 7, 2003, 7:55 p.m.

That trail nazi pic really scares me for some reason… i dont know why… just disturbing..
maybe tack posters onto trees on the trails that he likes to vandalize telling him that he will be caught eventually and when he does he will pay the price for his actions… just an idea

Oct. 2, 2003, 8:44 p.m.

Originally posted by freeeeeerider
That trail nazi pic really scares me for some reason… i dont know why… just disturbing..
maybe tack posters onto trees on the trails that he likes to vandalize telling him that he will be caught eventually and when he does he will pay the price for his actions… just an idea

:werd: .yer avatar scares me to

Originally posted by ReCkLeSs RiDeR

Good Job Al.:) **

Nov. 2, 2003, 5:55 p.m.

I dont see why this guy would completely devote is free time to causing havoc for mountain bikers. What a waste of a life…shouldn't he be playing golf or lawnbowling with his retirement community or something?

It looks as though we have some good evidence so far, but nothing substantial. I really dont know what else to suggest…

Nov. 3, 2003, 1:57 p.m.

I have seen his work to , it was up at the maple ridge wood lot and just after
a jump there was a 6x3 hole that went down about 2 feet . Im glad I stoped and check it out befor I hit it

Nov. 3, 2003, 1:59 p.m.

I would like to know his reasons for doing all the stuff he/she or the group does this

Nov. 6, 2003, 6:23 p.m.

Originally posted by free ryder
a jump there was a 6x3 hole that went down about 2 feet . Im glad I stoped and check it out befor I hit it

The Woodlot? I didn't even know the woodlot had a trail nazi, sux

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 7, 2003, 6:31 a.m.

Back to some lingo - stuff:

the term "trail nazi" IMO is not really appropriate, even if it is used on a common basis.
To state that he is Jewish - yeah. so what.
I don't think that this has anything to do with the thread - this may just indicate the walls inside our minds….before feeling offended, think about it for a second, PLEASE.

There is this guy who deliberately tries to hurt people, with the risk of a) eventually killing someone, maiming him/her for good…b) eventually getting caught by the local forces, or, worst case scenario, by a group of riders who are really fed up with his stuff, who maybe even suffered from his actions.

In case this individual should not like the term "trail nazi", which I can really understand (see the following link, please:

www.remember.org/jacobs/

In a way, the reference between somebody destrocing trails and the political party that broke havoc in the 30s and 40s is not correct.
But this may be the result of a "loose" usage of certain terms in the english language.

Anyway. Why not putting up signs that state that what he does is against all the known dictums in every religion and that it is not based upon ethical behavior.

Try not to put out the fire by throwing wood into it (=making him mad which may result in an even higher destruction or open violence and not that cover-ops stuff)
Why not go the other way round. make it PUBLIC that you are scared of riding because your kids could be hurt or maimed….hope you get my point.
In case I should have a really good idea, I'll post it. Promised.
Even if I am not a BC-local.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Nov. 7, 2003, 10:22 a.m.

Free Ryder,

What trail was it on? There was a jump dug up at the bottom of Hoots but I think that was done by the BCIT Loggers as a safety measure. Not by a Trail Nazi. Is that the jump you're refering to?

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

Nov. 7, 2003, 5:15 p.m.

There are signs in place thanks to the hard work of the NSMBA at all major trail entrances at Cypress. I did open a police file on it. If yu are injured as a result of his actions, you can email me, or contact the West Van police.

Any vandalism at places like the woodlot are the work of a different individual. There is a known individual who lives in the vicinity of Cypress, and has been seen in the past "at work", and is notorious for targeting the trails on that mountain.

He is not to be confused with others who are conducting similar behavior (which is illegal) at other popular riding spots.

Look before you leap, no matter how well you know the trail. Report obvious signs of intentional trail damage.

Nov. 7, 2003, 9:03 p.m.

Originally posted by free ryder

Just to reiterate what Mullet says… The Trail Nazi operates on Cypress and to my knowledge, only Cypress. He frequently walks his dog, a standard poodle on the mountain, booby trapping stunts and drops as he goes to try and maim riders. He is known, we know his name, and as Mullet says there is a police file on him. His activity has been curtailed a lot since the file was opened. Good work Mullet if that was you.

The work of vandals or Land Managers pulling down stunts in other areas can't be pinned on the Trail Nazi.

Those who don't like the term TN, pfft… that's what the prick's been called for 10 years and that's what he'll continue to be called. He's another hater with no good reason.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

Nov. 8, 2003, 9:50 a.m.

Thanks deeds. It was me who got in touch with the West Van police and opened a file.

He is called the Trail Nazi. If that upsets you , then you'd be even more upset if you were affected by his work, which is the real issue here.

We can and will stop him.

Nov. 10, 2003, 5:24 a.m.

I know that you will get him - he is a pr*** for sure.
Good thing starting a file - ah, well, sometimes i have a bit of a problem with such things.
In case you feel offended, sorry. Didn't mean to do that.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Nov. 17, 2003, 1:37 p.m.

Hey I'm doing a report on sustainable trails and social problems associated with them, does any one have pictures I could use in the report, or a copy of police report or something. That would be great..
My e-mail is [email protected]
Later
Dbuck

Nov. 30, 2003, 12:08 a.m.

As far as the PC thing on the Trail Nazi…I'd be willing to bet the name was based on the Soup Nazi character on Seinfeld (no soup for you!/no trail for you!). In that light, there is no slur associated w/ the name.
Here in the states, if there's anything that outside users don't want around, they just tear it down completely and make sure there's no doubt about it. This person/people that you're up against there (and I next summer, dammit!) is one sick pup.
Perhaps one thing you could do that doesn't require superior efforts is to insert "moles" onto the trails. Small sacrifices like taking a hiking day out there, not looking like a MTB'er and moving quietly. Maybe running the buddy system up trails simultaneously every so often would turn some leaves.
The reality is that there are people out there that don't agree w/ our way of recreation. If I'm correct, Canada has one of the higher wilderness/urban ratios out there. It seems there should be plenty of room for everybody to pursue any activity they wish and there would still be enough room for dedicated wilderness as well.
This is where I go silent…

South Sea-Tac Flowpark Gallery
KEEP IT GREEN!
This signature is brought to you by the letter "H" and by the number "6"

Dec. 17, 2003, 11:32 a.m.

Not to be blunt, er well i guess i'm going to be. A few years ago i was riding witha friend in Kamloops and we pulled around a corner and just before we got to close to this gat that is always open, i noticed a wire plled across it, i yelled to my friend who swerved hard and flew down the side creating a huge dust cloud (loops of fury!). well he emerged with his shoulder out of it's socket. to this day his shoulder pops out at random moments and he barely can ride urban or lung due to the fear of having 4 weeks out everytime it pops. So if i ever catch a trail Nazi, sorry to say but those spiked logs you so casually throw down for us, will cover you like a lipstick, and what a nice shade it will be. On top of that i just might carve "trail Nazi" on your head too!

but really, why must we have to get to this pint, nature was intended to be enjoyed, not fought over!