www.243racing.com

March 18, 2003, 9:11 p.m.

Originally posted by burke_builder2
i hear the trail nazi has hit shed again…be careful up there

:werd:

tibial spine fracture.

March 25, 2003, 10:38 a.m.

Originally posted by [email protected]
**While I do love the way you stir it up Dave (just like Bob Marley) I'm not sure if you are serious here. I for one have seen evidence of the Trail Nazi many times. Clear and deliberate placement of logs, jammed between trees after blind corners are his trademark.

Just the other day I was talking to Sterling Lorence about a recent encounter. They ran into him (with his 2 little black dogs and a friend) on 5th Horseman and had some words. They were going down and he was going up. Immediately after they saw him the trail was littered with boobie traps. He was still within earshot when they began to have to clear the trail and they gave him an earful (Dave Watson, Andrew Shandro and Eric V.D. were all on the ride as well). Before that the trail was completely clear, after that they had to clear a section at a time before riding it.

That may not stand up in a court of law but it is pretty compelling evidence. Jeremy Power has had many encounters with him as well.

If your motivation is just to get him caught you are on the money. It it's just to stir up shit that's cool too.

Always good to have you back Atch. **

shame they didnt have a camera on hand, snap a shot of the guy with his dogs, and then of the damage he did to the trail.

walk it down to the local police, and go from there. hell, they may even have been able to marry finger prints to the man.
quite possibly ending the life threatening "adjustments" being made to an otherwise stable activity.

le sigh

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

March 27, 2003, 8:33 p.m.

hey all riders who CARE
theres got to be a trail nazi theres no other way to explain all of our stunts….the watershed has been ripped apart from some trail nazis..i dont know about cypress, ahvent ridden there in a wile, but apparentley its bad,, and to the guy whos gonna bet 250 bones well man ur not gonna have ne money cuz there is no other explanaion!!!!!

Originally posted by ReCkLeSs RiDeR

Good Job Al.:) **

April 5, 2003, 10:55 p.m.

if someone were to catch him in the act, would it be prudent to kick the shit out of him??

seriously.

April 10, 2003, 12:09 a.m.

Originally posted by RiDiCuLoUs
hey all riders who CARE
theres got to be a trail nazi theres no other way to explain all of our stunts….the watershed has been ripped apart from some trail nazis..i dont know about cypress, ahvent ridden there in a wile, but apparentley its bad,, and to the guy whos gonna bet 250 bones well man ur not gonna have ne money cuz there is no other explanaion!!!!!

The word Nazi has gained a heavy meaning over the course of recent history, and shouldn't be tossed around to just anyone who you don't like (unless they kill millions of people…). i can understand the context in terms of Dr.Octagon, but don't make light business of the word.

i'm not completely positive on the politics of the delta watershed, but just as you feel its your right to build something, they feel its their right to tear something down. - yet as far as bylaws go, (in Burnaby at least), neither of you have a right to do either. if you're not going to go through the system, don't expect the red carpet treatment from anyone.

back the the "N" word, check out some hiking forums, i doubt the "trail nazi's" you speak of are calling you "forest nazis". it's simply disrespectful to throw the term around so loosely.

on to the general discussion

booby traps are bad, and i think the halt of the main man should be a priority of the north shore mountain biking community. i can't see the 250$ incentive as harming the cause, or as a cause for assault on Dr.O by a bunch of teenagers lookin for glory. I think people have far greater reasons to want to pin his ass than 250$… self control is required, money or not.

sure putting the money towards trailbuilding is fine and dandy, but it doesn't solve the problem at hand. if a kid decides that he'd like to make some coin by filming the man in aXion, and succeeds in doing so, then the battle is won, simple as that. there is no shame in using human desire in solving the problem, it will work just as effectively as a rightous soul in the long run. if you don't think stopping the potentially fatal traps is worth 250$….well geez.

there is no shame in trying.

i can definately sympathyze with hikers discontent, having mountain biked in the US, sharing trails with ATVS and motorcycles, (fast, loud, and hard on the soil -sound familiar?). co-operation is the key.

i recognize that the current direction that the MTN Bike community is a step in the right direction. having the NSMBA as a sort of gateway for trailbuilders to pass through is fantastic in keeping things in order - i'd like to see the organization progress in this direction. in the past, with the miniscule amounts of cyclist traffic, building trails wherever you wanted was fine, but if everybody did that now, there'd be trouble. i'd like to see it become a standard practice for trailbuilders approach the NSMBA before construction(destruction?), so not to step on anyones toes, and to save this sort of sabotage from re-occuring in the future.

10cents, laying on the road to be driven over or picked up.
a little mangled, but it's still a dime.

April 24, 2003, 5:46 p.m.

May 11, 2003, 4:46 p.m.

the original trail nazi probably doesnt leave the north shore to to his stuff
if its on burke on in the water shed its probably a copycat, or some hikers screwing with you

Big Bike: Santa Cruz Bullit
Bigger Bike: Suzuki RM125

May 18, 2003, 11:48 p.m.

originally posted by ryan:
The word Nazi has gained a heavy meaning over the course of recent history, and shouldn't be tossed around to just anyone who you don't like (unless they kill millions of people…). i can understand the context in terms of Dr.Octagon, but don't make light business of the word.

i'm not completely positive on the politics of the delta watershed, but just as you feel its your right to build something, they feel its their right to tear something down. - yet as far as bylaws go, (in Burnaby at least), neither of you have a right to do either. if you're not going to go through the system, don't expect the red carpet treatment from anyone.

back the the "N" word, check out some hiking forums, i doubt the "trail nazi's" you speak of are calling you "forest nazis". it's simply disrespectful to throw the term around so loosely.

booby traps are bad, and i think the halt of the main man should be a priority of the north shore mountain biking community. i can't see the 250$ incentive as harming the cause, or as a cause for assault on Dr.O by a bunch of teenagers lookin for glory. I think people have far greater reasons to want to pin his ass than 250$… self control is required, money or not.

sure putting the money towards trailbuilding is fine and dandy, but it doesn't solve the problem at hand. if a kid decides that he'd like to make some coin by filming the man in aXion, and succeeds in doing so, then the battle is won, simple as that. there is no shame in using human desire in solving the problem, it will work just as effectively as a rightous soul in the long run. if you don't think stopping the potentially fatal traps is worth 250$….well geez.

i can definately sympathyze with hikers discontent, having mountain biked in the US, sharing trails with ATVS and motorcycles, (fast, loud, and hard on the soil -sound familiar?). co-operation is the key.

i recognize that the current direction that the MTN Bike community is a step in the right direction. having the NSMBA as a sort of gateway for trailbuilders to pass through is fantastic in keeping things in order - i'd like to see the organization progress in this direction. in the past, with the miniscule amounts of cyclist traffic, building trails wherever you wanted was fine, but if everybody did that now, there'd be trouble. i'd like to see it become a standard practice for trailbuilders approach the NSMBA before construction(destruction?), so not to step on anyones toes, and to save this sort of sabotage from re-occuring in the future.

a little mangled, but it's still a dime.

I gree with you to some extent and i think mountain bikers alike are quite co-operative and many oftewn times at the shed i have senn moountain bikers pull over for walkers, hikers,and horseback riders, I think we all try to "SHARE THE TRAILS" but then theres the few who think mountain bikers are the best and they own the trails, not true. And also theres hikers. walker's, and horseback riders who take up the whole trail and show no respaect toward anyoon else and then when 1 mountain biker cuts them off or something they get on their high horse and go around saying that mountain bikers cause triuble to the shed and then go and tear it down, in my experience with the shed ive never seen any mountain biker ruin any of the other users trails. So in away i am defending the bikers cuz we never started this whole thing they did , then we got angry and used the word NAZI. and the context i was using it in was not speaking in any slur i was meaning it in the fact that thewy dont like the bikibg trail.. maybe not using it in its proper dictionary definition… but its just the name i ahve been accostemed too to name the people who ruin it for all the users the people who break stuff if they just left our stuff and we just left there stuff and shared the trails we both had access to the shed wouyld be a better place.

And as for the$250 mabe its just a way to find out if there really is a trail nazi:???: :) :) :)

May 20, 2003, 5:20 p.m.

Originally posted by ryan
**The word Nazi has gained a heavy meaning over the course of recent history, and shouldn't be tossed around to just anyone who you don't like (unless they kill millions of people…). i can understand the context in terms of Dr.Octagon, but don't make light business of the word.

a little mangled, but it's still a dime. **

I gree with you to some extent and i think mountain bikers alike are quite co-operative and many oftewn times at the shed i have senn moountain bikers pull over for walkers, hikers,and horseback riders, I think we all try to "SHARE THE TRAILS" but then theres the few who think mountain bikers are the best and they own the trails, not true. And also theres hikers. walker's, and horseback riders who take up the whole trail and show no respaect toward anyoon else and then when 1 mountain biker cuts them off or something they get on their high horse and go around saying that mountain bikers cause triuble to the shed and then go and tear it down, in my experience with the shed ive never seen any mountain biker ruin any of the other users trails. So in away i am defending the bikers cuz we never started this whole thing they did , then we got angry and used the word NAZI. and the context i was using it in was not speaking in any slur i was meaning it in the fact that thewy dont like the bikibg trail.. maybe not using it in its proper dictionary definition… but its just the name i ahve been accostemed too to name the people who ruin it for all the users the people who break stuff if they just left our stuff and we just left there stuff and shared the trails we both had access to the shed wouyld be a better place.

And as for the$250 mabe its just a way to find out if there really is a trail nazi

May 20, 2003, 9:30 p.m.

Originally posted by FroJoe

dope pic were'd ya get it :)

June 18, 2003, 11:57 a.m.

did anyone know that "the trail nazzi" is jewish?? its true… so i hear….

FINISHED.

June 18, 2003, 1:25 p.m.

hhahah lol

June 18, 2003, 1:50 p.m.

Originally posted by willett
did anyone know that "the trail nazzi" is jewish?? its true… so i hear….

thats not funny.

June 18, 2003, 11:47 p.m.

Actually I have heard he is Jewish and as a result he hates being called the Trail Nazi. There is a certain poetic justice in that.

I don't believe Willett was saying anything about Jews with his post - just stating information that I too have heard from reliable sources.