Trail Nazi Evidence/Discusstion

Jan. 3, 2003, 3:25 p.m.

I seem to have missed anyone making mention of the fact that we mountain bikers for the most part give back. I mean trail maintenance. I do conceed that not all of us do any maintenance at all but there are a few dedicated individuals who are out there doing their part and then some.

My point here is that I have never seen any hikers doing any kind of maintenance at all. If the Trail Nazi or Nazis would spend as much time maintaining as they do destroying, there would be some wonderful trails all around.

I have had some run ins with damage done by the Trail Nazi on Cypress. These are very dangerous and eventually someone is going to get seriously hurt. I have been lucky enough to avoid being injured on these damaged areas but I'm sure one of these days my luck is going to run out.

I seriously hope the Nazi reads these threads and understand the damage he will do to a human being. This is not acceptable at all especially if he is a doctor like I have been told he is. Didn't he take an oath to aid and not to harm people? I hope he is caught some day soon and his licence is suspended for his activities.

A side note: The Trail Nazi does not by any means represent all hikers on the trails. I have come accross many hikers on the trails who have been very polite when they are given a "hello" or another nice greeting on the trail. Let's all be polite and respectful of all hikers as they have just as much a right to be on these trails as we do.

My two bits….

Jan. 3, 2003, 3:36 p.m.

…your two bits are much appreciated. You raise several valid points, specifically the trail maintenance and the severity of his actions.

It is only a matter of time until his actions become criminal as somebody is hauled off the mountain in an ambulance because of his efforts to injure.

Jan. 4, 2003, 10:48 p.m.

shudder and to think i rode 5th horseman like 3 months ago!

Jan. 5, 2003, 11:36 p.m.

Originally posted by Mulletron

We are mountain bikers who share the same love for riding and for our trails, and who want to keep things safe, accessable and fun for everyone.

I don't want to see a Trail Nazi paint all hikers with a bad brush. I also don't want to see aggresive, unfriendly and ignorant mountain bikers paint us with theri bad brush.

The public face of our sport is undergoing some major changes. What we enjoy now is going to be very hard to preserve. Now is a good time to band together and find solutions, not squabble amongst ourselves.

NOthing to add here. Very good point !!!
Not all people understand and share the kind of riding we are into…what is the truth to some, is a "worst-case-scenario" to others.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 14, 2003, 4:27 p.m.

Giant boy and I hvae had a run in with the trail Nazi, he had quite a cold attitude to us when he saw us hiking through the forest with shovels and a large bucket, we stoped and he started a convo. He was interrigating us about building bike jumps and whatnot and ofcorse we were and he said that we were making a big mistake and that the district was going to tare it down. The next day I cam up to the stunt we finished and the was knocked over and vandalised, ofcourse not by the district because the stunt only had been around for 24 hours or less and they just don't work that fast because they need approval from the councilor before tareing down something and aso I live right across the street form the trail, where you gain access to this stunt which by the way as not on or around the trail but off in the middle of no where. There was not a district truck or any district vehicle parked at the trail head at all that day and I was out around my house all day. It must have been him because the district does not work that fast and does not vandalise the stunt they tare it right down, this man that we ran into was hiking off of the trail way off in the bush where we had the stunt build and it was down the next day so I have every right to believe it was him, he was also trying to make excusses for it to be gone beofre it was even built, the excusses were also very lame in my eyes and I could see right through them. He has 2 black standard poodles, red glasses and whte hair rather long. He is an elderly man and he is quite an asshole when you run inot him.

Sorry in advance if this was a confusing post I just was writing down all the information I had in my head as it came in.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

Jan. 14, 2003, 5:23 p.m.

yeah so i hear he has two poodles so that was him. was this lately?

can't get enough of that sodium benzoate…

Jan. 14, 2003, 8:51 p.m.

this summer me and a few buddies might camp out on cypress for a week, and try and catch the trail nazi, and of course get some good riding and footage.

Bikes:
Team Dh
Specialized 415

Jan. 17, 2003, 5:19 a.m.

If I could actually find the time to do it. I would like to try to stakeout and film him sabotaging some stunts.

I would spend the $250 on nails to rebuild all the shit he has destroyed.

Jan. 18, 2003, 9:06 p.m.

A stakeout is a good idea. Just try not to get attacked by a bear or something. If you catch the guy, give him a good…talking to :evil: for me, altho i havent experienced any "nazi" traps myslef.

chop

Jan. 20, 2003, 1:14 a.m.

Concerning the stakeout - do not mention when or where, since there maybe moles on this BB….just an idea.
And be very careful - sometimes there are things more dangerous than fists hidden in people's jackets.

Best would be to call the cops right away (of after/during filming his :censored: behavior)

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 20, 2003, 11:41 p.m.

I hope anyone doing any malicious deeds on the trails is reading this. They're stupid tasks are done without other people's awareness, and any attempt to continue should have them looking over their shoulder.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 21, 2003, 7:59 p.m.

Luckily for us, there are many people who ride often and there probably isnt very much time set any traps…unless you have nothing to do all day but ruin the spirits and possibly jeopardize the life of rider. It just gets me soo angry…and a little scared for my life. That whole piano string from 2 trees story has kept me from feelin the flow of some of the trails. I hope someone catches one of there jerks soon and if you do, please post it!! GRR i hate those people, they just get me soo :censored: angry…:swearing:

chop

Feb. 12, 2003, 8:17 a.m.

Unless someone was taking a strole in the night i dont think anyone has ever seen the trail nazi. No one has caught him/her/it in the act of trail sabotage so we can't say we've seen the thing. For all we know it could have been a gang of angry squirrels. We can't just go around accusing supsicous looking people with poodles to be the TRAIL NAZI.

chop

Feb. 12, 2003, 1:08 p.m.

He has been seen wrecking the trails, but your right, we can't assume every dude with a dog is him.

Feb. 25, 2003, 6:35 p.m.

What the hell? "trying to injure riders" ? Fuck man, that is serious! Why the hell would anyone do that kind of shit?