Trail Nazi Evidence/Discusstion

Dec. 11, 2002, 8:51 a.m.

The trail nazi is urban myth. I'm convinced of it! Riding 2+ times per week for almost ten years I have seen one incident of deliberate trail "vandalism", and that was before pre-reap was hacked out…I don't buy it…I've got $250 for the first person proving that the Trail Nazi exists, and continues to sabotage trails. (Obviously this would have to lead to conviction…no fakers!!) one coupon per person, no rain cheques, offer valid to Dec. 31, 2003. No exchange on sale merchandise. One per customer.

Dec. 11, 2002, 3:21 p.m.

Originally posted by Ah-Choo
The trail nazi is urban myth. I'm convinced of it! Riding 2+ times per week for almost ten years I have seen one incident of deliberate trail "vandalism", and that was before pre-reap was hacked out…I don't buy it…I've got $250 for the first person proving that the Trail Nazi exists, and continues to sabotage trails. (Obviously this would have to lead to conviction…no fakers!!) one coupon per person, no rain cheques, offer valid to Dec. 31, 2003. No exchange on sale merchandise. One per customer.

…Sorry my friend, it is an awful truth. It (he) does exist and is well known. I have seen his work, and my riding crew has recently come across fresh "construction" of his on Mystery DH which has been set up to deliberately injure riders.

If you ride Cypress frequently, it is inevitable that you will see his work, esp on 5th Horseman and Mystery DH. I'd watch how much of a bounty you put on him, he is going to be caught at which point you will be out of pocket!! :)

Dec. 11, 2002, 3:30 p.m.

Originally posted by Mulletron
**…Sorry my friend, it is an awful truth. It (he) does exist and is well known. I have seen his work, and my riding crew has recently come across fresh "construction" of his on Mystery DH which has been set up to deliberately injure riders.

If you ride Cypress frequently, it is inevitable that you will see his work, esp on 5th Horseman and Mystery DH. I'd watch how much of a bounty you put on him, he is going to be caught at which point you will be out of pocket!! :) **

$250 bones and I'm looking for others who will pony up too…Call it the Nazi fund…BTW Mystery DH…isn't that the hiking trail formerly known as Old Forks?? Surprise Surprise….

Dec. 11, 2002, 4:08 p.m.

..Actually, no, it was originally a biking trail. It was built and ridden, however the builders erected a "hiking only" or "no bikes" sign (something to that affect) sign to try to deter the masses from riding what was supposed to be a secret trail, which fell under many names, such as Old Forks and Mystery DH. Traffic on Cypress has increased and the trail's popularity has grown. Somebody has taken offence to the increase of bike traffic and taken it into their own hands to try to seriously injure/maim the riders that enjoy the beautiful trail that it is.

Talk to the City of West Van, the West Van Police, perhaps Steed Cycles (Omar can tell you baout him), Digger and Danger Dan. All of these parties could give you useful information as the the validity of these claims.

"Suprise Suprise" as you say. Sounds like you feel as though we deserve it? Nobody deserves to be booby trapped (except maybe a trail nazi!!:D ) jk.

Dec. 11, 2002, 5:48 p.m.

While I do love the way you stir it up Dave (just like Bob Marley) I'm not sure if you are serious here. I for one have seen evidence of the Trail Nazi many times. Clear and deliberate placement of logs, jammed between trees after blind corners are his trademark.

Just the other day I was talking to Sterling Lorence about a recent encounter. They ran into him (with his 2 little black dogs and a friend) on 5th Horseman and had some words. They were going down and he was going up. Immediately after they saw him the trail was littered with boobie traps. He was still within earshot when they began to have to clear the trail and they gave him an earful (Dave Watson, Andrew Shandro and Eric V.D. were all on the ride as well). Before that the trail was completely clear, after that they had to clear a section at a time before riding it.

That may not stand up in a court of law but it is pretty compelling evidence. Jeremy Power has had many encounters with him as well.

If your motivation is just to get him caught you are on the money. It it's just to stir up shit that's cool too.

Always good to have you back Atch.

Originally posted by Ah-Choo

Dec. 13, 2002, 12:44 p.m.

What I am serious about is the $250…and the desire to have others contribute to the reward…no cash, just a commitment to putting in their ten bucks when the time comes, in the interest of preventing injury. While I don't condone this activity, wether we like it or not we share the trails with other user groups. Given our track record I am not surprised that we are seeing this type of activity…and I'm pretty sure old forks has always been a hiking trail. If I'm thinking of the right trail it goes past the largest old growth tree on the North Shore, hence its existance….I may be wrong…

Dec. 13, 2002, 1:54 p.m.

I am never suprised by psycho's looking to hurt unsuspecting people. It will be a sad day when a mtb rider sets up a "hiker trap".

Dec. 13, 2002, 2:12 p.m.

on eagle one time there was a piano wire strung across a trail at neck hight. then my onw encouter on burke mountain(75% it was a trailnazi) there was a stunt that had the second half snapped in 2(you could only see this right before your front tire would have been on). one half was left laying on the trail and the other half was thrown in the bushes. there was a row of nails point up across the start of the stunt and where you had to go around it someone dug a number of large pits.

:coo: biking for the Lord. :coo:

Dec. 13, 2002, 5:41 p.m.

Originally posted by KamaKazi
on eagle one time there was a piano wire strung across a trail at neck hight. then my onw encouter on burke mountain(75% it was a trailnazi) there was a stunt that had the second half snapped in 2(you could only see this right before your front tire would have been on). one half was left laying on the trail and the other half was thrown in the bushes. there was a row of nails point up across the start of the stunt and where you had to go around it someone dug a number of large pits.

If you are talking about the stunt that was broken the day I saw you up there, I don't think it's even 5% nazi. All the bridges on flywheel are crap, and they will break. The pits are from people placing dirt on the corners to stop the erosion.

PS Why is everyone using this thread?

Dec. 13, 2002, 10:08 p.m.

we had cleaned up a bunch of it by the time you caught up. and that a-frame was built solidly. and removing dirt from the CENTER of the trail to build up the corners?

Dec. 14, 2002, 7:27 a.m.

Who knows? With that many noobs on the trail there will be a fair mount of idiots.

Dec. 14, 2002, 1:34 p.m.

Originally posted by Mulletron
I am never suprised by psycho's looking to hurt unsuspecting people. It will be a sad day when a mtb rider sets up a "hiker trap".

:( :lol: :lol:

www.fusionsoftgoods.com

Dec. 15, 2002, 6:26 p.m.

Today on Flyhweel a small board acting as a ramp had been turned over, so all the nails stuck out. I doubt it was coincedence by how well it was placed. :(

Dec. 15, 2002, 10:56 p.m.

that's the 4th time now i've seen/heard of spikes being laid on that trail. and today a bunch of jumps that the trail naturally flowed over were half gone(possibly not a trail nazi)

Dec. 15, 2002, 11:18 p.m.

i have seen him myself… havent seen him damaging anything.. hes real.
heheh jeremy powers has some great stories of the trail nazi!

Big Bike: Santa Cruz Bullit
Bigger Bike: Suzuki RM125