Trail Day April 5th!

April 1, 2009, 6:11 p.m.

Hey guys

I just checked with my store and they can give me the day off to attend the trail day. For me, it is just important to get in touch with other guys from this area to go for rides, as I'm a Swiss guy at vacation here. So you think this might be a good opportunity?

Is there anyone who could pick me up in downtown and give me a ride?

April 1, 2009, 7:27 p.m.

I thought I might be able to, but now I can't :(

I love being 16 and transportless

:england:

April 1, 2009, 7:30 p.m.

Hey guys

I just checked with my store and they can give me the day off to attend the trail day. For me, it is just important to get in touch with other guys from this area to go for rides, as I'm a Swiss guy at vacation here. So you think this might be a good opportunity?

Can anyone give these guys a ride?? I'd offer but you really don't want to have to get up that early on a Sunday! Hope to see you there!

April 1, 2009, 9:43 p.m.

Okay, so I've been looking for riding buddies as of late and thought that attending a trail day would be a great way to meet others in the community who care about the sport beyond just riding their bike. I mentioned it to two of my friends who're avid riders and both of them told me not to go! Not to go I say! And apparently they've both attended a trail day in the past and were left with a foul taste for it because they were both rock-bltches and were basically told what to do without much introduction or comraderie. Is there some sort of echelon system with this volunteering? Is it standard to be the rock-bltch for multiple sessions before you're accepted by the group(s)? I'm an experienced trail builder, but I'm not overly interested in being patronized because I'm new.

Hey Chubby!

When I started as a complete trail maintenance noob, I never ever felt patronized. I was pleased to rock and gold bitch all day long, as it all helps. As an experienced builder you will know how much time is required for material gathering and preparation, before building starts. Your friends probably did not realize this and through it would be all glamorous wood stunt building, but as you know rock to go, wood for show.

I hope you will introduce yourself to Chris (Chris2) and let him know you are an experienced builder. The trail team is always looking for people to help lead work crews and pass on their experience. You would be a very welcome and most valuable addition to the trail day.

O yeah and as you surmise, it is a great way to meet riding buddies. Most of the people I ride with I have meet on trail days.

Thanks for stepping up and giving back, hope you have fun.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

April 1, 2009, 9:46 p.m.

Josh, I still have to figure out if I can make it on Sunday. But if I can I can give you a ride. I'm on the North Shore, as you are I believe? Check your PM for my contact number and please drop me yours.

April 1, 2009, 9:59 p.m.

Hey guys

Getting to the bottom of Seymour from downtown is fairly easy bu Bus. Catch the 210 from Burrard Station to Phibbs exchange. Then catch a 211 or C15 towards Deep Cove and get off at Parkgate Village. Walk north on Mount Seymour Road and as you pass Indian River Road on your left you will see an entrance to a Car Park approximately 100 m up on your left hand side, which is the meeting place (Old Buck Parking Lot).

All this information is visible on this map:
http://www.translink.bc.ca/files/maps/sys_maps/sys_N_Vancouver.pdf

Bus schedules are here:
http://tripplanning.translink.bc.ca/hiwire?.a=iScheduleLookup&.s={$SID)

Hope that helps.

April 2, 2009, 1:31 a.m.

Hey Chubby!

When I started as a complete trail maintenance noob, I never ever felt patronized. I was pleased to rock and gold bitch all day long, as it all helps. As an experienced builder you will know how much time is required for material gathering and preparation, before building starts. Your friends probably did not realize this and through it would be all glamorous wood stunt building, but as you know rock to go, wood for show.

I hope you will introduce yourself to Chris (Chris2) and let him know you are an experienced builder. The trail team is always looking for people to help lead work crews and pass on their experience. You would be a very welcome and most valuable addition to the trail day.

O yeah and as you surmise, it is a great way to meet riding buddies. Most of the people I ride with I have meet on trail days.

Thanks for stepping up and giving back, hope you have fun.

Excellent, that's all I needed to hear. I understand and appreciate the amount of manual labour involved and personally wouldn't care too much if I was packing rocks the entire time. I've booked myself for this sunday but will be attending the Pink Starfish maintenance day on the 26th. Thanks to all who responded for reassuring me it's not one big dutchess' tea party and I look forward to meeting you soon!

Chief Running Tab

"My bike is just like yours except mine has monkeys on it!"

April 2, 2009, 3:15 p.m.

I hear a flock of muddbunnies will be attending too, just in case you needed more inspiration!

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

April 2, 2009, 3:30 p.m.

bunnies are called a herd.

www.rabbit.org/fun/answer2.html

April 2, 2009, 5:12 p.m.

bunnies are called a herd.

www.rabbit.org/fun/answer2.html

some other interesting facts that may come in handy to know -

Sniffing

April 2, 2009, 5:18 p.m.

I'm coming now. Yay. It will be my second time. yay :)

:england:

April 2, 2009, 5:23 p.m.

Think I'll be there too…first trail day eeever =)

April 2, 2009, 9:23 p.m.

I'm coming now. Yay. It will be my second time. yay :)

Josh, check your PM. we are good to go.

Weather is looking good for this weekend! Woop!

April 3, 2009, 5:07 a.m.

I can't be there :cry:

Have fun everyone.

I ride Bikes

April 3, 2009, 10:58 a.m.

I can't be there :cry:

Have fun everyone.

It's going to be weird without you this year Crofty! How's the building going down there?