Trail building tool question

Dec. 17, 2012, 9:16 a.m.

Nope, not a fan of em. If you got them for free then good on ya but $160 is nuts.

Disclaimer. Anything written above this should not be taken literally, its called sarcasm you idiots.

Dec. 17, 2012, 10:20 a.m.

A half pick does a certain task. A shovel does different tasks. And so do a rake. This tool does different tasks than all those. It does a little of everything. Its super well built from quality material. If you only have time or room to bring on tool, this is a great choice. And just like build styles, its all a personal prefference on what tools you like.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pH51rAX-G3o

Dec. 17, 2012, 10:25 a.m.

So… where do I put in my order? I can see so many times where this tool would be very handy! sort of like a swiss army knife of the trail building tool world.

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Dec. 17, 2012, 10:32 a.m.

Does FVMBA have a better price on the tool? I wouldn't mind picking one up if the price is reasonable (not sure $160 is reasonable though).

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Dec. 18, 2012, 5:11 p.m.

Lotsa cool stuff here

http://www.magazooms.com/reader/index.php?mzID=120622005124

Dec. 19, 2012, 10:13 a.m.

Thanks Dave ,I did check out the site.
The Cool Tool where? link in Chilliwack http://www.cascademarine.com/
fyi This tool ,is besides Chainsaws the most expensive tool ever ,cost with tax in $198 each.
I have felt a certain amount of buyers remorse. Just ordered three more. that's like $600.
Todate we have been generously given these free in support by Moforestry.
Just got three more ,and before I could get my hands on them ,given out.
Woodlot builder ryando has asked for one,me too as I gave mine away .
,so I just ponied up ,and ordered the three more. (fvmba has ponied up the money)
Time will tell if this tool is one of the best? I know after buying some cheap rakes ,shovels etc.. that it seems best to pay for what you get.
In my use it has been awesome.
After reading the posts on the Aftertaste thread ,I sure liked Dave the Great's posts.
cut and pasted below.
"if a trail gets closed and you don't like it go to the hardware store buy a shovel madik and a bow saw and go open it.this is a war of attrition. there are many trails that have been closed at one time or another, only to be reopened by the kind hearted souls previously mentioned. its not fair to expect the same twelve people to do all your work. and woodsy is doing a banger job but it is selfish to put it all on his lap.

in a nut shell get off your asses take charge of your destiny and do what you think needs to be done."

some wonder paying this kind of money for a tool. Our builders work for free.
Most don't ask for hardly anything. Buying some of the best tools around, high quality stuff.
We buy spiral galvanized nails in big amounts, run a thread on our site for supplies (quartermaster thread) For those who wonder where your membership money goes ,to support our builders and trail legalization efforts. Fvmba has money and I don't think we will have to order these again for a long time. Sorry for the loong thread.
g

FVMBA Website

Dec. 22, 2012, 8:24 p.m.

Walmart has some really cheap shovels. $5 plus tax and the blade is not the flexy one like the one at home depot. These have wood handles.