Time Killer

June 13, 2005, 5:29 p.m.

We rode time killer sat. The trail is not in that bad of shape a few ruts after the jump with 3 choices. the only bummer is that they clear cut the exit at the new road .Its hard to get past carrying your bike.Is there a new trail up the new cut road?

June 13, 2005, 6:16 p.m.

Gary said something about the Noah Fear Exit but im not sure whereabouts to get to it.

June 17, 2005, 10:30 a.m.

I have been real busy maintanencing the Taco/Oakley (Oakley has had two motocycles which have made lots of huge gouges on this trail.)
So the bridge at the top clay section has had a piece removed and exit bridge has had a section removed making for mandatory short carrying piece.
we shall see if this stops them?
Time Killer is in need of some love and will be looked after shortly,lack of a key for the gate hurts,but I am working on it.
TK exit, yes it has been logged,
BUT- at the exit when you come across the gravel access road ,turn left and head east ,climb up up till top and then it goes down to yellow gate and exit,
this is the Noah Fear exit onto the road.
the entrance to TK is just above this,not that far. below is the locked gate.
Once the gate is opened ,no more need to park at Backstad rd as the new way will be better.
Sumas is the scene of a political battle between city of abb. /fvrd /gvrd.
The locked gate is a red herring ,the washout is minimal and the fvrd is not happy city abb has withdrawn their money and wishes to give it to gvrd to administer this mtn. We are but pawns in this .
My hope is the gvrd (which from past dealings has been easy to deal with)will recognize mtn bikers through the fvmba as having legitamate rights on this mtn.
Trails like Knob Gobbler /sideshow (yes side show is not dead after the vicous chainsaw attack by fvrd) need traffic/signage and some love to bring back to pristine shape.
Big Sumas is our future,lots of mtn ,all it needs is some legal trails which we can massage into a awesome trail system.
Ledgeview ,situated mostly on private land will be gone no matter what we say,we have very little leverage,and the developers are drolling at the views and money they will be making, sad but true.
There will be some trails up there over time ,but they will bear little resemblance to what we have or had.
Still the trials up there are rocking as new builders and more riders continue to use and enjoy this gem. some better ladders and bridging on little Amy fisher/S.O.B is rocking and even though the exit of lebite me has been wiped out it will not go down that easy .
see you out on the trails
Mr.g

FVMBA Website

June 19, 2005, 7:59 p.m.

My hope is the gvrd (which from past dealings has been easy to deal with)will recognize mtn bikers through the fvmba as having legitamate rights on this mtn.

I would hope so too… the NSMBA seems to have had much success dealing with the GVRD with trails on LSCR land.

I've been wondering, does the FVMBA have any "official" public trail days?

June 20, 2005, 12:18 a.m.

I would hope so too… the NSMBA seems to have had much success dealing with the GVRD with trails on LSCR land.

I've been wondering, does the FVMBA have any "official" public trail days?

From what I have been told, you need to contact the area reps on a regular basis to find out what is going on in the respective areas.

June 20, 2005, 8:21 a.m.

To start off the gate at the end of the spur of tk and Chadsey is silver/gray with red reflective tape on the other side.(not yellow)
Big Sumas,
Rode Chadsey this weekend and it was in great shape, steep and slippery,but oh so fun. A couple of boardwalks over some wet areas and a couple of downed trees were cut out. After climbing to the top at the lookout,(my pig bike felt like a ton) we elected to do Chadshey instead of the Knob Gobbler/TK . (both come out practically the same area,now logged)
If you have never done this trail it is not well marked,and is always tough.
Natural and steep,gotta love it.
Heading east on the new gravel acess road we came across a trail halfway up on the right. DON'T GO IN. it is a motocycle trail which looks inviting but once in and down a ways ,big signs DOGS -NO TRESSPASSING- I suspect they have been made by local land owners.
Keep climbing to the top of this spur and you will come at the top to a huge old weathered log laying on it side and a spur seldom used (50 feet from Noah Fear exit)
stay on the main spur and the exit is right there ,putting you back onto the main sumas mtn road.
At the weathered log ,you are actually real close to log rythms,which is in poor shape.
(note this trail is very extreme,and if elevated rides is not your bag ,you would be better to miss it)
on the road down to the lower gate , you pass Emma Peel/ Drews trail at the very end just above the gate .( drews trail has been recut and redone after being logged.)

fvmba trails days-- go to website and e-mail a area if you would like to help.
myself I am so busy with Agrifair coming up and bmx championship in sept coming up
it is hard to give dates. no car make it tough as well.
Personally I welcome any help,last couple of months little sumas area has been worked due to the closness. Big Sumas is next, trying to get permission is the goal.
Still maintenance on bsumas is coming.
feel free to contact me and don't give up I like the world am so busy.
mr.g

FVMBA Website

June 24, 2005, 8:21 a.m.

Timekiller Confusion

I hit Timekiller for the first time in years yesterday and got a little confused at the logging section. after you come out your supposed to climb up the fireroad all the way untill you connect with the main road??? how long a climb is that? what could I hit on the way back down to the car??? For a Sumas Noob its easy to get confused up there.

Also anyone want to do rides up there at say 2:30 - 5:00 ( or Noon to 2:00 ) midweek im all over it. I need someone to show me around.

July 14, 2005, 4:58 p.m.

yeah that is a sweet triall. i was in ther last year and it was kinda sketchy but after taht fire road i thought it was sweet

, but yea keep trying cuz there good for sponsers, almost as good as flips.

July 18, 2005, 1:54 p.m.

When you are finishing the Time Killer you come to a recently logged section.
there is a sign which says "active logging trail closed" go past and look down at the gravel road just below this sign, go onto the gravel road,turn left East,
and go 100 feet approx. and the road has a y ,turn onto this y and it ends immediately ,but there is a trail among the slash and go into this heading
S.West after only 200 hundred feet you see the original trail and you hook onto this till the left hander S. just ahead head down this and it takes you to the Backstad exit.

I went with friends and climbed to the top of Big Sumas ,turned right E. onto the Knob Gobbler and did the whole trail ,coming out (just below the washout)headed back up to the entrance of Time Killer and after a short visit to the coolest mtn bike cabin around raced for home.
hope this helps.
next visit up there I will flag the exit with orange tape .
mr.g

FVMBA Website

July 18, 2005, 4:27 p.m.

That is the coolest mtn bike cabin EVER!!

It has inspired me

July 19, 2005, 3:20 p.m.

I tried my best to follow your directons gary but just ended up hiking a bike through the slash for half an hour. no way I could find the enterance on the other side of the road. . So if I decide to climb back up the logging road how long before it takes me out to the main sumas road ?