That secret trail that was just decommissioned.

July 11, 2011, 4:17 p.m.

Fuck "secret trails." I don't want to have to blow a bros to get my ride on.
:swearing:

:martini:

Wrong. Always.

July 12, 2011, 12:15 p.m.

Fuck "secret trails." I don't want to have to blow a bros to get my ride on.
:swearing:

:martini:

how would your life partner feel about that? :argue:

July 14, 2011, 7:06 p.m.

well since its not there anymore, why dont we properly identify it. is it the one thats been there for a decade or so(BB), or that newer one that is also a hiking trail that leads to grouse(DW), or something else that i didnt know was hiding up there?

Big Bike: Santa Cruz Bullit
Bigger Bike: Suzuki RM125

July 14, 2011, 7:32 p.m.

well since its not there anymore, why dont we properly identify it. is it the one thats been there for a decade or so(BB), or that newer one that is also a hiking trail that leads to grouse(DW), or something else that i didnt know was hiding up there?

The bridge in Question was a newer built bridge on bitches brew off of Executioner. The whole lower section of Bitches brew is now the new Executioner.

By the way, the very last bridge on Bitches Brew (now Executioner) is being replaced as well.

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

July 14, 2011, 9:51 p.m.

The whole lower section of Bitches brew is now the new Executioner.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiick. Was wondering what was going to happen there (wasn't sure if it was going to be a new entrance or what). Can't wait to ride it tomorrow.

or that newer one that is also a hiking trail that leads to grouse(DW)

are you talking about per gynt?

July 14, 2011, 11:29 p.m.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiick. Was wondering what was going to happen there (wasn't sure if it was going to be a new entrance or what). Can't wait to ride it tomorrow.

are you talking about per gynt?

Yep the whole thing is now Executioner all the way down to the BP.

We haven't touched Per Gynt if that's what he was thinking about.

My Flickr

July 15, 2011, 10:26 a.m.

why was the upper access to Peugeot blocked?

July 15, 2011, 12:50 p.m.

why was the upper access to Peugeot blocked?

You mean from Executioner? Probably has something to do with Peugeot not being a recognized trail or series of trails.

I went in last Tuesday on what I always considered the upper entrance a couple hundred metres above Starfish and about the same below St Georges. Not blocked.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 19, 2011, 10:23 a.m.

i meant dreamweaver.
sounds great about the executioner lower bitches merge.. ill have to ride it and see what its like i guess! im guessing its not like it used to be with the old skinnies, cause those were falling apart 5 years ago when i last rode it. many good memories bush wacking around that area trying to find lower bitches, then missing the entrance a couple times coming over from upper bitches.. just listen for the sound of that creek or you will miss it! hahaha! i love the north shore!

is upper bitches even there at all? totally decomishioned? overgrown? cant talk about it, have to kill me?

what is the latest on starfish, is it going to be open soon, or did it already open? is it all the trail crew, or is the original builder(DM) still working on it? i remember years ago he wanted to re open peugout as a climbing route, that was the last time starfish got a reno, probably a good 8 years back now.

Big Bike: Santa Cruz Bullit
Bigger Bike: Suzuki RM125

July 19, 2011, 4:30 p.m.

i meant dreamweaver.
sounds great about the executioner lower bitches merge.. ill have to ride it and see what its like i guess! im guessing its not like it used to be with the old skinnies, cause those were falling apart 5 years ago when i last rode it. many good memories bush wacking around that area trying to find lower bitches, then missing the entrance a couple times coming over from upper bitches.. just listen for the sound of that creek or you will miss it! hahaha! i love the north shore!

is upper bitches even there at all? totally decomishioned? overgrown? cant talk about it, have to kill me?

what is the latest on starfish, is it going to be open soon, or did it already open? is it all the trail crew, or is the original builder(DM) still working on it? i remember years ago he wanted to re open peugout as a climbing route, that was the last time starfish got a reno, probably a good 8 years back now.

All the old skinnies and ladders have been taken out. Executioner is all on the ground except for the bridges and the trail is very 'Natural' now. Upper Bitches isn't on the maps anymore but it's still there. Not rideable so much anymore though.

As for Starfish, two guys have the permit for that trail at the moment I believe. I don't know where things are at with it at this time though.

My Flickr

July 22, 2011, 3:48 p.m.

It is a totally different trail now. I suggest it be given a new name, there is nothing execution-y about it any more, although it is fun in its own way. Any ideas?

July 22, 2011, 5:11 p.m.

^^ lower brew…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 23, 2011, 12:21 a.m.

^^ lower brew…

You mean the warm, flat sh*t at the bottom of an old can?

Hey! We could name it "Warm, Flat Sh*t at Bottom Of Can"! Totally in line with North Shore Trail Naming guidelines too!

:-)