syncro's trail blog

Oct. 11, 2004, 6:50 p.m.

I walk through your Trail today Synchro and all I have to say is OMG!!!! it is one of the most amazing works of art I have ever seen hands down. I don't post that often but I had to give you props for your work. keep it up I can't wait to see the end result. If I hear ya on the trail next time I'm there I'll stop by and give ya some of my time.

Stew

Oct. 11, 2004, 11:58 p.m.

Originally posted by synchro
all in all an interesting day on the mountain

Mark, I'm pretty that was my buddy Smokey the Black Bear that you ran into. I decided to give him a name because I keep running into him on the lower trails, and it just seemed like the right thing to do.

Last time I saw him, I was whipping around a corner on Empress Strikes Back and, lo and behold, Smokey is sitting smack in the middle of the trail. Good thing I had hydros, I probably stopped less than 15 feet from him.

He made a beeline for the ditch as soon as he saw me come hurtling down the trail. After that, he just sat there and watched me as I huffed and puffed my way back up the trail, desperate to avoid becoming lunch meat for Smokey.

-Kenji

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Oct. 14, 2004, 10:05 p.m.

where can you buy bear mace?

ride more, post less.

Oct. 14, 2004, 10:09 p.m.

Deakin down on Powell Street (around Commercial).

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 14, 2004, 10:15 p.m.

is it expensive?

ride more, post less.

Oct. 14, 2004, 10:15 p.m.

haven't had a pic in a while because i've had to rebuild a ladder section. i had made it abit too tight and it didn't flow very well into the stunt. ah well, live and learn.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 15, 2004, 1:07 p.m.

nice work, that looks great.

if you still need help after this weekend, let me know. i'd like to help more, if you want it, now that I've ridden/beaten my new Heckler pretty decently.

Oct. 15, 2004, 10:51 p.m.

mark your not a trail builder!
your an artist

ride more, post less.

Oct. 16, 2004, 10:30 p.m.

SOrry if i sound stupid but where is this trail on seymore?

i heard something like next to pangor is this right?

Visit www.t-runky.tk

Oct. 17, 2004, 5:19 a.m.

Yes, it is on Seymour. It's a connector from Corkscrew to Pingu, which will take MTB traffic off of Incline (which really shouldn't have MTB traffic).

Now if there were only a connector from CBC to Corskscrew…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 17, 2004, 10:08 a.m.

o i saw people comeing from that trail before ok and why do you just call it corkscrew pingu connector!

also will there be signs up to mark the new trail when its finished?

Visit www.t-runky.tk

Oct. 19, 2004, 11:01 p.m.

Originally posted by Rampage14
**o i saw people comeing from that trail before ok and why do you just call it corkscrew pingu connector!

also will there be signs up to mark the new trail when its finished? **

same reason you dont call pangor the pingu empress connecter
its just not any fun:thepimp:

ride more, post less.

Oct. 20, 2004, 8:32 a.m.

it just rolls off the tongue so easily though

son of a stromatolite !

Oct. 20, 2004, 4:59 p.m.

HEy syncro or any other trail builders i am just wondering if anyone had ever thought of doing trail building apprenticeships(sp?)

I mean i'd love to help out and build but i don't know how, and i cant just start building because one it would be crap and two you can't just adopt a trail.

Visit www.t-runky.tk

Oct. 20, 2004, 7:38 p.m.

Originally posted by Rampage14
HEy syncro or any other trail builders i am just wondering if anyone had ever thought of doing trail building apprenticeships(sp?)

I work on trails to get away from the idiots.the last thing i need is a couple genius' throwing sticks at each other as i try to get work done.
i tried recruiting a few people one day to help me get some work done.these people had never attempted to build trail before--boy oh boy, did i ever hear alot of whining.