Squamish - Motos on Don't Tell Jude

Feb. 19, 2010, 11:44 p.m.

Trials bikes have created a lot of trails that have since been abandoned for MTN bikers to enjoy.

^^this,, alot of the Valleycliff trails were Trials trials I believe, very fun stuff.

From another thread Gspot put up from hisd trip in September, cool Jude footage, no sound, fun wet day..

here is avideo of Me(G-spot), Jay( user_name, ), and John( Testy) up atSqaumish

http://www.vimeo.com/6676335

Feb. 20, 2010, 11:27 a.m.

Does that just look like rot to anyone else?

fwiw,the trials crowd up here are more responsible than the mtb crowd….I'd lay off on the finger pointing.

Yeah, i didnt see any moto tracks. Nor did the ruts, puddles seem any worse. Granted its been a few days since the OP rode it. It definitely looked pretty rotted out. Anything (moto or MTB) likely couldve broken it.

Feb. 21, 2010, 10:53 a.m.

There were unmistakable moto tracks when I rode. The stunt is old and rotten, but I rode it a few days earlier, and it was in the same functional shape it had been in for ages.

Feb. 21, 2010, 1:28 p.m.

IMO, if a structural feature can't support the additional weight of a trials moto then it should be torn out and rebuilt. It's an accident waiting to happen….just saying. The posted photo says it all. Dimensional lumber in one of the wettest areas of built trail :nono:

Feb. 21, 2010, 6:10 p.m.

IMO, if a structural feature can't support the additional weight of a trials moto then it should be torn out and rebuilt. It's an accident waiting to happen….just saying. The posted photo says it all. Dimensional lumber in one of the wettest areas of built trail :nono:

Do you know if anyone 'owns' the trail or could I adopt it?

Feb. 21, 2010, 6:36 p.m.

I believe second generation of rebuilders are now gone from town. Since it's in the District of Squamish (I think) the contact would be Todd. You can PM him at DOSCO on this board or PM me and I can give you all his information.

There are also a number of trails on a SORCA section 57 application and I don't know if that's one of them. Email [email protected] and they can tell you.

Otherwise, repairing and making an existing line better is always appreciated. There's tons of good cedar in that area. Thanks.

Feb. 22, 2010, 5:41 a.m.

you can also see if its up for adoption here:

http://www.adoptatrail.ca/

…and apparently it is.

http://trails.squamish.ca/mapguide2009/dosAdoptatrail/main.php?TRAIL=812

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 22, 2010, 9:17 a.m.

you can also see if its up for adoption here:

http://www.adoptatrail.ca/

…and apparently it is.

http://trails.squamish.ca/mapguide2009/dosAdoptatrail/main.php?TRAIL=812

would rep you if i could, cheers!

Feb. 22, 2010, 9:18 a.m.

Otherwise, repairing and making an existing line better is always appreciated. There's tons of good cedar in that area. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I'll get in touch with him.
:beer:

edit: tho, not sure how much stock to put in that website, as it lists trails like another mans gold, pseudo tsuga, and cake walk as "Adoptable"

Feb. 22, 2010, 7:31 p.m.

Also lists an FSR as an adoptable trail…

Feb. 23, 2010, 10:14 p.m.

Rainmaker. Go for it mate. Make the trail better and more sustainable and everyone will be happy. No-one can really complain as it is hagard and in need of love. Anyone keen to give it that attention should receive nothing but praise in my mind.

Sunshine & Slippery Trails

Feb. 23, 2010, 11:12 p.m.

Ticket2Ride tried to go through the Adopt-a-trail process for Don't Tell Jude. It still showing up as adoptable just shows how useful the program is. Don't bother.

Their crew put in 200+ hours on it last summer. I'm sure they won't mind you going in there, but maybe out of respect give them a shout and let them know? [email protected]

Feb. 24, 2010, 8:56 a.m.

Ticket2Ride tried to go through the Adopt-a-trail process for Don't Tell Jude. It still showing up as adoptable just shows how useful the program is. Don't bother.

Their crew put in 200+ hours on it last summer. I'm sure they won't mind you going in there, but maybe out of respect give them a shout and let them know? [email protected]

Cool. Thanks barry. Will do.

Feb. 24, 2010, 11:46 a.m.

Barry T2R never tried to adopt it through me and all the adoptions come my way so just correcting the info!

:canada: Get out there while you still can!!

Feb. 28, 2010, 12:22 p.m.

Oh OK, my mistake, they said they had, but I guess they never got around to it. Anyway, I shouldn't talk shit about the program, I actually don't know that much about it. I was referring more to the list, which is kinda weird in places. The map is great though, super accurate and comprehensive. Thanks for the resource.