Some pics from Calgary

Aug. 17, 2010, 9:15 a.m.

Thanks guys! Hopefully one day, some of you will be out this way to ride some of this stuff.

Here's a little addition to upper Billy Dog. Just a little shortcut gap that just felt right. Speed isn't too high here so it shouldnt be detrimental to the trail below:

www.mmbts.com

Aug. 17, 2010, 9:22 a.m.

And this is back down below on Billy Dog - the finishing touches to the upper Everglades project.

A wing on the second tabletop landing to facilitate getting rad. This is looking up.

This is the end of the boardwalk…we had pre-built a bunch of booters two winters ago and due to a lack of trail speed issue (and water issues) three of them never got installed. We used this one as the last sender for this stunt and built up a wood landing.

Framing looking down:

Tranny all decked, looking up. Will need some rock and dirt fill at some point…i'll probably let the bomb hole develop so I don't have to dig away the dirt myself then I'll pave a few feet to make it nice and solid long term.

www.mmbts.com

Aug. 22, 2010, 7:47 p.m.

OK. Finally back to the other side of the mountain building Switchyard on ROS.

This will the landing pad for the step up. The scale of this stunt is getting tough to capture with pictures…maybe I'll take some vid once we get it decked..

Looking Down. You can see where this connects to the previously built stuff in the background.

Looking Up. The run-in is rocky and loose so we may do a wood-wood step down prior to the step up.

Lots of shrooms out..lol

www.mmbts.com

Oct. 26, 2010, 9:17 a.m.

S'Mo.

Finally got around to getting two of the lines on this thing buttoned up. It's been too long.

Step up ramp framed in:

Roll Down for big pants line framed in:

www.mmbts.com

Oct. 26, 2010, 9:21 a.m.

Step up ramp decked and ready to hit:

View before making the corner:

View from above::eek2:

view from below. Some more dirt needs to be hauled in…

We're hoping to get the right hand side line done this weekend, but with potential shoddy weather, it may not happen. We also want to add a filter gap at the top of the drop in where the line splits so as to keep the people not hitting this on the main line.

www.mmbts.com

Oct. 26, 2010, 3:07 p.m.

Step up ramp decked and ready to hit:

Can you get some pictures of the drop at the end? I likey.

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

Oct. 27, 2010, 11:57 a.m.

Can you get some pictures of the drop at the end? I likey.

Once it's fully wrapped, I'll video the damn thing.

The fist minute of this vid is in the vicinity. Buddy does the drop with the last 5 boards of the drop missing at :30. The tranny is pretty open now that we removed the booter at the bottom.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/162420/

Vid of the old sketchiness:
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/83719/

Vid of the current trail top to bottom. Buddy rides by this stunt at ~4:10.
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/166938/

www.mmbts.com

Oct. 29, 2010, 1:48 p.m.

J- Some of the most inviting trail work depicted in this thread. pretty sure every one who likes this kind of riding gets amped up to see the work ur doing. If i can ever get up to that level again, i will be looking to check it out.

WTF, Over?

Oct. 30, 2010, 8:19 p.m.

OK. It's done. Finally.

Looking down the big drop:

Looking down the small drop:

www.mmbts.com

Oct. 30, 2010, 8:22 p.m.

Other random stuff. My new summer home got delivered on Friday:

Should be a bit more comfortable than with the tent..especially since we have a new addition to the family. Quinn was born on August 5. This was taken August 13th.

www.mmbts.com

Oct. 30, 2010, 9:17 p.m.

Congrats on Quinn:beer:

Looking forward to riding your handiwork someday:beer:

I like the truck!:beer:

ok, one more :beer: to really get this buzz goin'

Zed…did you make it out to these trails?

Nov. 9, 2010, 8:20 a.m.

'nother rebuild. This feature is called Sleeveless and is actually just before the "ravine re-route" photos from the beginning of the thread…if anyone actually reads what I write. The original was OK to ride, scary to walk on. The "stringers" were 1.5" x 1.5" laminated maple steamed into a nice curve. It all seemed like a good idea, but over time it became clear that we could both make the jump nicer and more sturdy. It had a tendency to buck riders, which caused them to slow down and ultimately case the landing. I should note that this was built before we used chainsaws.

Clicky for a shot of the original...

Here's the rebuild. Same "essence", but with good and beefy stringers, nothing to case, nothing to buck you and a nice fixed up tranny. First one to tire tap the tree gets a gold star! All the deadfall laying about is to dissuade the "I'm not a freerider so I'm not going to ride on your wood" crowd. There's a lot of them.

www.mmbts.com

June 1, 2011, 9:50 a.m.

MMBTS Built a bridge across a creek that only flows in the spring.

I did all the decking. 4' wide and ~50-orso feet long.

www.mmbts.com

Nov. 8, 2011, 11:50 a.m.

Not many updates in a while…

This hit is called "Full Throttle" It's basically a sender into open air and is one of the bigger hits on Race of Spades. The old structure was built with toothpicks and decked with 2x4's. It was a solo mission to get this one done.

This video is of "Half Throttle" that sits just to the riders right of full throttle. It's smaller and rollable. another solo mission…sry for the PB link.

www.mmbts.com

Nov. 8, 2011, 12:08 p.m.

This project was to cross an area where a couple gullies drain into on Billy Dog. It's dry for most of the year, but when it's wet it's really gross and shitty to ride. I'm sure some riders will complain that it's dumbed down, but it really was for the better. Water can obviously flow under the decked bridges, but there's also a section of the cribbed part that's elevated to allow water to flow. The logride was just a bonus. The tree at the first corner is an optical illusion; the corner is deeper than it looks and flows fine, plus riders don't have any speed coming off that last corner anyways.

Took me a couple solo missions plus a +1 day to finish it off.

Been rockin the 99cc (big bored) 066 and MS200T a lot recently. It's like building with a lightsaber and a deathstar.

www.mmbts.com